Carter at Pigeon Forge

splainshornets

Many schools have kids playing on college football teams rosters. The difference is how many of those kids are on athletic scholarships. I have seen PF Play probably more than most any other team in region 1-3A. I even saw them play as a JV team years ago. As far as having athletes that will start on any other team in the region, I have not seen those kids be playmakers since the enception of PF football. I thought that PF had some big players, but did not know that 4 had left. I had heard that PF lost some players, but was not sure who left, and how it would hurt them. I do wish the Tigers luck.

I still must stand my ground that PF has some big strong physical players, but have yet to see the great athletes they are supposed to have and have had.

With the exception of Carter and Seymour, who has better athletes in the Region,year in and year out, than PF?

Just looking at this years team, are you telling me that Aparicio and Guidry are not playmakers that could start on any team in the Region?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do you think guidry would be playing running back for any other team orwould he be playing wide rediever like he does at pigeon forge

I think he would be at tailback for most teams and he did start out in the backfield for PF last Fri. and then had an ankle injury on the Kick return for a TD (his second on the year) that kept him out of the rest of the game. I hope to see him back there some more this week. I think the thought may have been that they could use him as a receiver and still be OK at tailback, but that as obviously not been the case.

Many schools have kids playing on college football teams rosters. The difference is how many of those kids are on athletic scholarships. I have seen PF Play probably more than most any other team in region 1-3A. I even saw them play as a JV team years ago. As far as having athletes that will start on any other team in the region, I have not seen those kids be playmakers since the enception of PF football. I thought that PF had some big players, but did not know that 4 had left. I had heard that PF lost some players, but was not sure who left, and how it would hurt them. I do wish the Tigers luck.

I still must stand my ground that PF has some big strong physical players, but have yet to see the great athletes they are supposed to have and have had.

When you say most teams do you mean every team but Seymour and Carter? I would have picked PF to be 4-0 or 3-1 at the least at this point. I do think PF will get things turned around, but having great athletes no. If Guidry was that great would PF has lost to Tellico Plains? I am talking playmakers. How about Aparicio were do you see him playing on other teams? I know these kids are good football players, but are they true athletes that can take over a game? When you talk about being able to start at any school in our region are you excluding Carter and Seymour? I am just trying to get the full story on just what you are calling athletes. I do hope that PF gets things turned around.

let me say this. PF has always been know for thier size up front and i have played with every kid mentioned in these articles. PF has had some great athletes but they have played up to the level they are capable of. the 2204 team was huge up front and i was one of those big hawgs. athlete wise we were as good as anyone in the county but we didnt have the offense to suit us and we struggled. this years team is very athletic and just are not playing up to the level they are capable of playing at. its not the coaching so stop pointing fingers at the coaches. what are you supposed to do when your best athletes just walk around on friday nights. you can't win games with 4 or 5 players going hard, you have to play as a team and thats been the case for years at PF.

PF has a great coaching staff and with time things are going to change and thats a guarentee.

I guess I really mean skilled athletes. RB, QB, WR, DB, LB, as well as kick and punt returners.

james rahuff (QB)- Tusculum College

Josh Garst (OL)- Austin Peay ( coaching now cause of injuries)

Bruce Belitz (WR/DB)- Austin Peay

Zach Schrandt (WR/DB) Davidson College

Shane Canterbury (OL)- Caron Newman

Adam Griffin (OL)- Carson Newman

Josh Bugh (RB) -Pikeville College

Ricky Branch (LB)- Carson Newman

David Moore (OL)- Maryville College

Chris Vacurrelie (DL)- Union College

Branden Cogdill (DL)- Union College

Stephen Mann (TE/WR/FS)- Union College

Just asking, but where are those college kids playing? What schools?

PF has only had 4 graduating classes in the short history of the program

I will only list the skill position players that went to college to play ball since that is the argument here.

QB- James Rauhuff- Tusculum

WR/CB- Zack Schrandt- Davidson

WR/S- Bruce Belitz- Austin Peay

RB/LB- Josh Bugh- Pikeville

WR/S- Stephen Mann- Union College

FB/LB- Ricky Branch- Carson Newman

I may have left one or two out, but these are definates.

Edited by pffan