JCM vs Munford

Yanker

Hey VG or Yanker...I'm sure you were at the game and I'm just curious. What happened to the linebackers for JCM? They are suppose to be some of the best in West TN if not the state and it seems like they made little or no impact on this game. Are all the linebackers seniors to where games like this might affect recruiting? I knew to expect JCM to struggle on offense, but not to hear about teams running it down their throats like some of this thread suggest.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey VG or Yanker...I'm sure you were at the game and I'm just curious. What happened to the linebackers for JCM? They are suppose to be some of the best in West TN if not the state and it seems like they made little or no impact on this game. Are all the linebackers seniors to where games like this might affect recruiting? I knew to expect JCM to struggle on offense, but not to hear about teams running it down their throats like some of this thread suggest.

I have heard Hogsett pulled a hamstring,but I know he continued to play. Its a little tough to go on one wheel. Also last I checked there are ten other players on the field. Just because Munford ran it down there throats, I wouldn't go jumping to conclusions about the linebacker play. Forget he is "suppose to be one of the best in the state" he IS one of the best in the state.I have seen alot of high school d1 talent and Hogsett is as good as any period in my humble opinion.

Hardin is a JR.

I have heard Hogsett pulled a hamstring,but I know he continued to play. Its a little tough to go on one wheel. Also last I checked there are ten other players on the field. Just because Munford ran it down there throats, I wouldn't go jumping to conclusions about the linebacker play. Forget he is "suppose to be one of the best in the state" he IS one of the best in the state.I have seen alot of high school d1 talent and Hogsett is as good as any period in my humble opinion.

He very well could be one of the best of the state, but he is not JCM's only linebacker - unless they are playing some new defense I don't know about. If he indeed pulled a hamstring then tuff luck, but showed lots of character trying to keep going. I was asking about the whole linebacking crew for JCM, which is suppose to be one of the best in the state. What schools are looking at Hogsett?

JCM'S DEFENSE IS OUTSTANDING. I TALKED TO ONE OF THE COACHES AT MUNFORD AND THE PLAN WAS TO RUN AWAY FROM #5 ALL NIGHT AND IT WORKED. THE TOUGH PART IS #27. MUNFORD USED THE BIG FULLBACK TO POUND ON HIM ALL NIGHT TO KEEP HIM INSIDE AND ALLOW SOME ROOM OUTSIDE FOR THE TAILBACK. YANKER HOPE YOU WERE IN MUNFORD IT WAS A GREAT GAME JCM HAS A GREAT TEAM BUT THEY RAN INTO A MUNFORD TEAM THAT HAS SOME TALENT, A GREAT COACHING STAFF, AND AS THE PLAYERS BUY INTO THE PROGRAM MORE AND MORE I THINK THIS TEAM CAN GET BETTER WEEK BY WEEK. YOU GOT TO UNDERSTAND MUNFORD HAS BEEN DOWN SO LONG WE HAVE GOT TO LEARN HOW TO WIN AND I THINK WE TOOK A BIG STEP IN THAT DIRECTION TONIGHT. OUR TWO LOSSES WERE GAMES THAT WE COULD HAVE WON. EVEN RIPLEY. CLOSE IN THE FIRST HALF AND OUR BOYS JUST DIDN'T CARRY THE SAME FIRE IN THE SECOND THAT IS SOMETHING THAT HAS TO BE LEARNED. WE GOT TO LEARN HOW TO WIN THE TOUGH ONES. TONIGHT WAS A BIG ONE.

JCM'S DEFENSE IS OUTSTANDING. I TALKED TO ONE OF THE COACHES AT MUNFORD AND THE PLAN WAS TO RUN AWAY FROM #5 ALL NIGHT AND IT WORKED. THE TOUGH PART IS #27. MUNFORD USED THE BIG FULLBACK TO POUND ON HIM ALL NIGHT TO KEEP HIM INSIDE AND ALLOW SOME ROOM OUTSIDE FOR THE TAILBACK. YANKER HOPE YOU WERE IN MUNFORD IT WAS A GREAT GAME JCM HAS A GREAT TEAM BUT THEY RAN INTO A MUNFORD TEAM THAT HAS SOME TALENT, A GREAT COACHING STAFF, AND AS THE PLAYERS BUY INTO THE PROGRAM MORE AND MORE I THINK THIS TEAM CAN GET BETTER WEEK BY WEEK. YOU GOT TO UNDERSTAND MUNFORD HAS BEEN DOWN SO LONG WE HAVE GOT TO LEARN HOW TO WIN AND I THINK WE TOOK A BIG STEP IN THAT DIRECTION TONIGHT. OUR TWO LOSSES WERE GAMES THAT WE COULD HAVE WON. EVEN RIPLEY. CLOSE IN THE FIRST HALF AND OUR BOYS JUST DIDN'T CARRY THE SAME FIRE IN THE SECOND THAT IS SOMETHING THAT HAS TO BE LEARNED. WE GOT TO LEARN HOW TO WIN THE TOUGH ONES. TONIGHT WAS A BIG ONE.

No doubt that Munford played a great game and congrats on a big win. Sounds like a good game plan to me that kept the JCM linebackers at bay. Did #27 pull a hamstring or get injured that you saw?

My apologies to the almighty VG - I understood the post to read that he "heard" this, so I didn't know if it was rumored or confirmed. I will not question your Lil Bro again. :)

Sorry about that Indians...I had already posted that Hogsett was injured in an earlier post. For some reason I thought you were asking someone else because you didn`t believe what I had posted. Obviously you hadn`t seen it. My bad. :rolleyes: