JCM vs Munford

Yanker

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hustle101

Here`s a recap....nothing much going on the 1st quarter except for some hard hitting. JCM then took control of the game scoring twice to take a 13-0 lead in the 2nd quarter and it looked like business as usual for JCM. However, JCM`s senior CB Billy Turner got hurt in the second quarter and was out for the rest of the game. Munford`s Madison threw about a 25 yard flea flicker to a reciever that had beaten Turner`s replacement beat by at least 5 yards. It was a good play and good pass. That was with less than a minute to go before half otherwise JCM is still up 13-0 at half. JCM marched right back down the field and got to the Munford 30 before throwing an interception inside the 5 yard line before half. At that point all still looked good.

The second half was a completely different story. Munford takes the opening kickoff and then runs the ball right down the field. I`m talkng 8,9,15 yards at a pop. they score to tie the game. After holding JCM Munford does the same thing again. I think their shortest run on that drive was 5 yards. Munford takes a 20-13 lead. JCM runs the ensuing kickoff back for a TD but missed the extra point. Then Munford once again runs the ball down JCM`s throat. to take a 26-19 lead. JCM then put together a nice drive and had the ball 2nd and goal at the 3 yard line but fell about 3 inches short on 4th down. 3plays and could not get 3 yards. Munford pretty much ran the clock out after that. They ended up punting around the 50 yard line with 16 seconds left on the clock, but the JCM return man mishandled the ball and Munford recovered and took a knee on the final play.

Courtney Madison had a few good runs and threw that flea flicker for a TD, but other than that it was Munfords other 2 rb`s that did a lot of the damage. Their big fullback killed us up the middle. I have no idea what happened to us on defense the 2nd half other than a complete breakdown. Worst showing by a JCM defense that I have seen in quite awhile. Hogsett was injured in the 3rd quarter and came out for a play, but he was pretty gimpy the rest of the way so I`m sure that did not help. Hat`s off to him though. He still played hard, but was just slowed by the injury. In fact the coach was not gonna put him back in but he went back onto the field on his own. That`s just the desire and determination he plays with.

Congrats to Munford. They played a really good game and are much improved over last year. I doubt they beat Henry County though. JCM still can play for the region title against Henry County, but in order to win they have to play an entire game. Our offense continues to get better imo. If our offense could have played like they are now against Germantown then JCM wins that game. Southside has to be licking their chops at the chance to knock JCM off next week.

We are not worried about anyone but Covington right now. It is wonderful to have this great win. (Expecially for all of you unbelievers). We can enjoy this great win for several days and then we need to forget it and concentrate on the next victory. Not only is our football team doing a great job, but folks you need to see this high school band. They are wonderful. I am so impressed with these young people. It is a fact that this school puts great emphisis not only on their sports program but the band as well. It is so impressive to see both programs complimenting each other. Way to Go MUNFORD!!!!!!!!!

We are not worried about anyone but Covington right now. It is wonderful to have this great win. (Expecially for all of you unbelievers). We can enjoy this great win for several days and then we need to forget it and concentrate on the next victory. Not only is our football team doing a great job, but folks you need to see this high school band. They are wonderful. I am so impressed with these young people. It is a fact that this school puts great emphisis not only on their sports program but the band as well. It is so impressive to see both programs complimenting each other. Way to Go MUNFORD!!!!!!!!!

Does the Band have transfers from Memphis schools as well?

Well Munford fans ... expect more of the same as the season progresses. Munford was written off at the beginning of the season, yeah they got Wayne Randall, and a couple of transfers ... but you didn't really think that they would be competative THIS YEAR now did you? It's suppose to take 2-3 years to turn a program around, not the very 1st season! Why ... that's unheard of! They must be cheating or something! Just wait Munford fans. Especially, if Munford beats Henry County and/or Hardin County ... (and you have the team to beat them) ... the foul play crys will only get louder and louder. If you were to remain the region doormat ... no one would care less about a couple of tranfers. Now ... the investigations have commenced, trust me on that one!

You guys got a really good coach. Enjoy him while he's there! As I have said before, East's lost is Munford's gain!

I told you guys that region 7-4A got tougher with Randall at the helm in Munford. Things are really getting interesting now!

Edited by kwc

Well Munford fans ... expect more of the same as the season progresses. Munford was written off at the beginning of the season, yeah they got Wayne Randall, and a couple of transfers ... but you didn't really think that they would be competative THIS YEAR now did you? It's suppose to take 2-3 years to turn a program around, not the very 1st season! Why ... that's unheard of! They must be cheating or something! Just wait Munford fans. Especially, Munford beats Henry County and/or Hardin County ... (and you have the team to beat them) ... the foul play crys will only get louder and louder. If you were to remain the region doormat ... no one would care less about a couple of tranfers. Now ... the investigations have commenced, trust me on that one!

You guys got a really good coach. Enjoy him while he's there! As I have said before, East's lost is Munford's gain!

I told you guys that region 7-4A got tougher with Randall at the helm in Munford. Things are really getting interesting now!

I would not doubt transfers in and around urban areas take place more than we hear about. When you look at a TSSAA Transfer Form the qualifications needed for a legit transfer are not that hard to achieve. I would say that Munford big change is the Coach and the team believing don'tcha think and not that 2 or 3 players transfered. Looking forward to the Region matchup Sept 29 when the two undefeated Region teams play.

Guest hustle101

Well Munford fans ... expect more of the same as the season progresses. Munford was written off at the beginning of the season, yeah they got Wayne Randall, and a couple of transfers ... but you didn't really think that they would be competative THIS YEAR now did you? It's suppose to take 2-3 years to turn a program around, not the very 1st season! Why ... that's unheard of! They must be cheating or something! Just wait Munford fans. Especially, Munford beats Henry County and/or Hardin County ... (and you have the team to beat them) ... the foul play crys will only get louder and louder. If you were to remain the region doormat ... no one would care less about a couple of tranfers. Now ... the investigations have commenced, trust me on that one!

Yes, Randall does a great job--we all know that---I am wondering if the Principal at Memphis East is as pleased with the new direction the East team is heading now?????

Well kwc, I don't think there are any doubters left. I certainly didn't expect an immediate turnaround. But now, their secret is out (not the transfers, just about them being good). So don't expect Henry County to come to Munford unprepared. With what I now understand, Munford should beat Hardin County who is down this year. But they will need to get their chin straps on tight come September 29th! Meanwhile, we have to take care of some business over in Jackson agains Liberty...

Yes, Randall does a great job--we all know that---I am wondering if the Principal at Memphis East is as pleased with the new direction the East team is heading now?????

That's the REAL question now isn't it? I'm on the outside looking in, I have nothing to back up what I'm about to say, but I think he got a very raw deal. I think he didn't even see it coming. I also think East's football program is going to suffer because of it. I think his firing was something personal with the Principal. I can't prove it ... but that's what I think. I think Randall was done WRONG! I also know that you REAP what you SOW ... we are beginning to see the HARVEST of what the East Principal has sown. You can't do dirt ... and not have bad consequences as a result ... it never works!