Macon County @ Smith County

glover

OK time for my last post on this topic. Smacking with the mafia is always fun and entertaining. Good Luck to the Owls rest of the season, best team we have faced thus far. You will go far in the playoffs if you keep playing like that.

You saw some of the tigers from the WH game and more from the YI game, and as I said earlier the team that played at YI would get beat by 10. Just a little off.

That being said we still had our chances! Difference in ballgame is kicking deep with 5 seconds left in half and your FRONT SEVEN. Best schemed defense we have seen. Cant believe team with stats like MC didn't win, but they didn't. Hats off to Owl D. 365 to 159 total yards. Owls with only 2 first downs in second half and both late. 22 to 9 in First Downs. 80 to 39 in total offensive plays. 3 punts for MC 6 for SC. DON"T MEAN A THING. SC Won. Nuff said!

Big Reid is right on track in last two posts. Front seven for SC made us 1 dimmential in red zone. 7 trips inside 20 only 1TD & 1 FG. Won't win like that.

Twing Twang, how can you say Kirby doesn't have strong arm???? You weren't there????? SC player had him by ankles flatfooted and he still threw ball 35 yards in 3rd Qtr. Oh well week off then we get to see Toney.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Owls on the win. I was impressed with the Tigers passing game. Our O line appeared to struggle. Could have something to do with the Macon D, but seemed to miss to many blocks. Defense appeared to tire toward the end, which is understandable considering how long they were on the field. The Owls still are not running on all cylinders, yet they are 5-1. When they do, LOOK OUT. :thumb:

OK time for my last post on this topic. Smacking with the mafia is always fun and entertaining. Good Luck to the Owls rest of the season, best team we have faced thus far. You will go far in the playoffs if you keep playing like that.

You saw some of the tigers from the WH game and more from the YI game, and as I said earlier the team that played at YI would get beat by 10. Just a little off.

That being said we still had our chances! Difference in ballgame is kicking deep with 5 seconds left in half and your FRONT SEVEN. Best schemed defense we have seen. Cant believe team with stats like MC didn't win, but they didn't. Hats off to Owl D. 365 to 159 total yards. Owls with only 2 first downs in second half and both late. 22 to 9 in First Downs. 80 to 39 in total offensive plays. 3 punts for MC 6 for SC. DON"T MEAN A THING. SC Won. Nuff said!

Big Reid is right on track in last two posts. Front seven for SC made us 1 dimmential in red zone. 7 trips inside 20 only 1TD & 1 FG. Won't win like that.

Twing Twang, how can you say Kirby doesn't have strong arm???? You weren't there????? SC player had him by ankles flatfooted and he still threw ball 35 yards in 3rd Qtr. Oh well week off then we get to see Toney.

Maybe he does have a stronger arm than he showed. He threw to the spot extremely well. Don't get me wrong...great qb. I was there. You don't have to drill very throw. I was impressed.

Edited by Antwan

You are absolutely right!!!! The worst officiated game I have witnessed in a while. The back judge

actually kept his hand next to his hip pocket the whole time. No joke!

Anyway, congrats to the OWLS. Great game, especially the defense & special teams.

Tez put on quite a show, reminds me of our TT Harper, yrs. ago. Queenie, I know you are

very proud of him..

Antwan, I know you couldn't be there, but I tried to fill in for you as best I could.LOL

I have a little peice of hide missing from my r. pinkie, where my ring beat against it clapping.

Just glad it didn't rain, no excuses!!!

:thumb:

C YA

Thanks Grunt...but I did get to come...daughter's games cancelled. Thanks for the support. It was a good game to see.

Talking to some of my SC friends (yes people from both sides can get along) in area behind old band seating. I must say that I think the Mafia does seem to be correct. SC fans mostly sit on hands until something big allready happened. Team needs fan support 48 minutes. Didn't know what you guys were saying when you called fans out. Now I do.

MC fans also not as rowdy as usual.

Fireworks and sign in North endzone with scores are a nice touch. Are they all supported financially by booster money? Must get into some bucks.

Well, good, bad always here for you guys and you know that. Finish this season off with the rest wins. Don't give up cause you have the ability and I know you can do it. You guys played good you did. Work on your mistakes when you see the film and get ready guys cause the rest are region games and well if you make us drive all over the state so be it :thumb: Of course it would be nice to have some at our field. Sorry, I am just a positive person just how I am.

Ok Geo after you have had your share of crow pass the plate then I will share with Tiger007, grrrrrrTigers and Hudson41. Geo you eat most of it cause I hate this taste just hate it :o

No more of these guys no more from here out only wins and know that you have lots of people that believe in you. Oh yeah congrats Owls guess that is fair :o

angel...always the optimist...hope you win the rest of them. :D

Queen Bee, Gv was to busy exterminating your hive in Baxter. Didnt have time to cook any crow. If you have any leftovers, would you please send a plate with the trimmings over to Fat Daddy in Baxter. We will pay you back when you get to busy to cook some up in the future. Thanks, Go Tigers

I tried to give some crow to some of the coaches from Macon Co last night...but they were more in the mood for waffles...

Hey....That #25 for the OWLS....They said on the radio that there was lightning all around middle tennessee.....I think it struck in the "HOLE" twice tonight. Man does he possess some wheels. Who's boy is that!?!?!? :thumb:

#4 showed a streak of lightning tonight also.

He's all of OUR boy...he's an OWL...

Queenie, I know you are

very proud of him..

I am...

AND I am so proud of the rest of MY boys...they held their cool...and I don't know that I could have...with the officiating we had last night...

angel...always the optimist...hope you win the rest of them. :thumb:

Ahh thanks Antwan :rolleyes: This group of seniors is very special to me and I really hope they pull the rest out I really do. Your Owls got it going on and should do very well the rest from what I saw. I think sometimes our guys give up when they really could have came back and won and others they just do get outplayed. No matter I will be there for the last game whether or not the last game is only on our field or somewhere away from here in Round 1, Round 2 and hopefully even further.

Ahh thanks Antwan :rolleyes: This group of seniors is very special to me and I really hope they pull the rest out I really do. Your Owls got it going on and should do very well the rest from what I saw. I think sometimes our guys give up when they really could have came back and won and others they just do get outplayed. No matter I will be there for the last game whether or not the last game is only on our field or somewhere away from here in Round 1, Round 2 and hopefully even further.

Could be...I think you have a chance to do very well the rest of the season. Your passing game is awesome...very difficult to defend. Good luck.