Best stadium to play in east Tennessee

sportsfan23

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like D-B's field alot the one or two times i have been there. I like our home field Rhea County's Bill Horton field at Eagle Stadium huge stands on both sides, and I liked Knox Centrals and Maryvilles but Maryville they need to have more seat for the away teams' fans

Murvul's atmosphere is good, but they don't have a locker room for the away team, the away side seats are scary, and I still (after years of going to ballgames there) haven't figured out where in the heck are the bathrooms!

Parking stinks, too.

Murvul's atmosphere is good, but they don't have a locker room for the away team, the away side seats are scary, and I still (after years of going to ballgames there) haven't figured out where in the heck are the bathrooms!

Parking stinks, too.

Maryville doesn't have a visitor's locker room? That's just not accurate. The visitors locker room is located underneath the home stands. It's not large, but few visitor locker rooms are.

I'm not connected to Maryville in any way, but they have more than adequate restroom and concessions facilities on both the home and visitor sides of the stadium. Playing in their region, our team has been to Maryville many times. I've never heard any complaints about the visitor side stands or facilities.

Edited by HTV

I stand corrected. It could be that I just don't want to fight the crowds to find out where the bathrooms are. When Alcoa plays Murvul, the players end up behind the home stands (I think...I'm sure someone will correct me on this if I'm wrong!), and someone had told me that there wasn't a decent locker room for the visitors. Which is very surprising for a school like Maryville.

I still say the visitors' stands are scary. I thought they were going to cave in during the game.

I stand corrected. It could be that I just don't want to fight the crowds to find out where the bathrooms are. When Alcoa plays Murvul, the players end up behind the home stands (I think...I'm sure someone will correct me on this if I'm wrong!), and someone had told me that there wasn't a decent locker room for the visitors. Which is very surprising for a school like Maryville.

I still say the visitors' stands are scary. I thought they were going to cave in during the game.

Unless they have built new ones in the last two or three years since I was there, Alcoa's visitors stands aren't all that, either. It's easy to point fingers, but sometimes we need to look in our own glass house first.

You enter the visitor's locker room at Maryville behind the home stands, which may be why the team ended up there? Like I said, very few stadiums, and especially older facilities, have large locker rooms for visitors. It's just part of having the home field advantage. You might be surprised how small visitors locker rooms are in some of the SEC stadiums, too, including in our own Neyland Stadium. That's just part of going on the road.

As for restrooms on the visiting side at Maryville, if you are looking at the field, go to the right and past the concession stand in the Don Story complex. There are very nice restrooms there.

Edited by HTV

The dressing rooms @ Blankenship Field for both the home and visiting teams are totally inadequate. That press box with those pitiful dressing rooms must have been built when teams only had a few players. It needs to be updated. If they want to be considered the class program that they think they are they should upgrade. Why not build a field house or whatever one wishes to call it in the field that is north of the present field. From what I have seen over the past years, that open field is not being used. Just a thought.