Best stadium to play in east Tennessee

sportsfan23

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does everyone think?

Polk County has by far the best staduim in east tennessee. The whole atmosphere is awesome when you arrive at the Larry G Davis Football Complex. There is a breath-taking view of the mountains that no other stadium that I have been in has. There are all of the dedicated fans that are everywhere.It is the necest stadium in east tennessee..thats my opinion.So I am voting for Polk County.

• 2 weeks later...

Karns High School in Knoxville does not have a great Football team (they seem to be getting better) but they probably have the greatest fans of any high school in the state. Any fans who can cheer for a team that almost never has a winning Football team are crazy about their school. There student section is the blue zoo or something like that, but if you are from another team they are really harsh to you it is almost like they think they are better than anyone sometimes

Edited by volfan1010

Polk Co. Wildcats: Larry G. Davis Stadium. Its a new stadium ohh man got to see it. Not enough seats, completely around fences.

they must have done alot of work to polke county's football field cause i remember water standin ancle deep on the side lines and there was just one side of stands and there was a cracker jack box for a press box

I would guess that Dobyns-Bennett has the best stadium and atmosphere. I've not been there but I've heard plenty about it. I have been and played at Blankenship Field and it has one of the greatest atmosphere's, but the condition of the stadium is not that great. As for stadium condition, I've not been back home to Farragut in a while, but our stadium (Clabo Field) used to be pretty good at least as far as it's condition. The atmosphere however is not nearly as good as OR's Blankenship or Dobyns-Bennett unless it is an ultra big game. There are exceptions however, because I do know that in 1981 for the Oak Ridge game (one of the few that Farragut has won) there were over 10,000 packed into and around Farragut's stadium.

I went to DB the last time Farragut played them in the play-offs.. I believe it was mid to late 90's? From what I remember it was great atmosphere, but it was just too weird for me because the football field and stands merge with the baseball field and stands. Oak Ridge is nice, but every time I have been there it doesn't seem like they ever get the support they need. To me it always looked like the stadium at most 3/4 of the way full. For them being good you would think it would be standing room only every home game. The reason I quoted this is because, well Farragut's stadium seems to be falling apart. I can't remember when they did this, but htey had to go in and add extra supports to keep it from falling down. The booster clud did a great job this off season and made it look great though. I heard a rumor that they were going to get a new stadium because of the current one's bad condidition, but I am not sure what real truth there is to it.. If you go here you can see that they painted the whole stadium, except the seats themselves. Last year they started to paint it, mainly just redoing the blue parts and they did the steps blue and white. It look alot better now than it did in '05. They have also added a star was there last year, but I dont think it was there during football, and the anchor was there for some of last football season. I would guess that the last 2 years there has been 10,000+ at Admiral Stadium 4 times. All 4 being Bearden games. The Oak Ridge game, which Farragut finally won, would have had that many except for the fact that it was raining crazy hard. Those are of course just guesses. I wish you could find official attendance records somewhere becuase I have always wondered that stuff, but I don't think there is anywhere to check it.

As for the question, I would say it just depends on what you are looking for. Obviously some will think some are better than others, but it is all up to opinions. I don't think anyone has been to every single stadium in Tennessee and it could atmospheres can change year to year depending on how good a team is. Of all the places I have been, DB, OR, Campbell Co.(their first playoff game ever), Bearden, Powell, Central, Ooltewah, Farragut, William Blount, McMinn Co., Soddy Daisy, Kingston, Clinton, Heritage.. there are probly others that I can't think of, but from my experiences I'd say DB with Oak Ridge a close 2nd.

Edited by ihavenofriendzz

The stone castle in Bristol is a place everyone should see, it does need upgrading on the inside but it really takes you on a history trip just to be there. The stadium location in Erwin is one of the best around , just to look at the mountains,I'm sure a lot of schools could say that in East Tennessee. I allso like the Stadium at SC , all though purple isn't my favorite color. J.fred is a nice place to see a game as well

One reason The Ship in Oak Ridge looks half-full is the fact there are a ka-zillion grade and middle school kids running around acting like they're crazy!!!! Also a lot of fans like to stand by the fence. Then the high scoolers just stand around on the track,steps and walkways in the way. I guess it's like music if it's too loud you're too old! Still love THE SHIP.

And I like playing at DB but have to agree about the merging of the fields. The portable visitors stands and lack of restrooms on the visitors side can be a pain, if you know what I mean.