Best stadium to play in east Tennessee

sportsfan23

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is Union High School in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

I went to Tulsa this summer and saw that field. They have two smaller schools for lower grades that have almost the same type of field, just on a smaller scale. Pretty amazing for a high shool. We felt is had to be a college until we saw the sign stating it was a high school. Makes me very envious to have to play at Burke-Toney (not a bad stadium, but not close to Union in Tulsa).

Not to sound stupid, but the Davy Crockett stadium is pretty special. The concession stand has plenty to eat and more than is typical at most high schools. Also, they fed our team after the game and we beat them pretty bad. So, my vote goes here.

Union's gym seats 9000 and was the host of last year's Mid-Continent Conference men's hoops tournament. It sometimes is the home gym of Oral Roberts University. Along with the Mabee Center in Tulsa. Just looking at the Mid-Con Championship game last year on ESPN had me thinking, wow, this is a high school gym. Very impressive

Union's gym seats 9000 and was the host of last year's Mid-Continent Conference men's hoops tournament. It sometimes is the home gym of Oral Roberts University. Along with the Mabee Center in Tulsa. Just looking at the Mid-Con Championship game last year on ESPN had me thinking, wow, this is a high school gym. Very impressive

The Mid-Con did play their conference tournament at the UMAC. My kids were excited to see their old school on TV. We wanted to watch Union vs. Hoover on TV also but it wasn't on in Maryville for some reason. The UMAC only seats about 5,600 for basketball but every seat is a good one. I should know, my tax dollars helped pay for it. The Mabee Center is the largest arena in Tulsa at this time. The problem with the Mabee Center is its old design and oval shaped arena floor.

• 10 months later...
it dont matter were u play at just as long as the field is in good conditions cuz thats the main focus and the atmosphere is important too and morristown west has the BEST!!

Do you mean morristown EAST'S Burke-Toney Stadium? The stadium that is on East's property literally 10 feet from the school. If thats the case i know what your talking about