Best stadium to play in east Tennessee

sportsfan23

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got two words for ya...STONE CASTLE.

There is no where else like it. Any other place is just like any other stadium just bigger, smaller, newer, older, nicer, louder, etc. But ask anybody that has played there. No where else is like it.

It's definitely unique, but in bad need of some repairs. The visitors stands are a hazzard with the sloping rows. :lol::lol:

I got two words for ya...STONE CASTLE.

There is no where else like it. Any other place is just like any other stadium just bigger, smaller, newer, older, nicer, louder, etc. But ask anybody that has played there. No where else is like it.

I've played at the stone castle and Greenville is a better place to play at

Polk Co. Wildcats: Larry G. Davis Stadium. Its a new stadium ohh man got to see it. Not enough seats, completely around fences.

So True So True. Last Friday v.s. Howard was unbelievable at the crowd. I had to park all the way at the entrance in the mudd. lol. But I saw where in the North End zone that it was so packed that the students had portable bleachers that I guess the school had brought in for the game because i've never saw them before. But I would say if Polk keeps filling Larry G. up that they will spend some money and add bleachers in the South end zone by the new concession stand.

I would say this is the Attendance for this year. this is just an est. and my guess of what it was

Opponent Result Est Attendance

Andrews NC Polk won 49-21 1600+

Tellico (homecoming) PC won 28-6 2100+

Howard Polk lost 7-14 2000+

all three games Polk is 2-1 at LGD 5700+

AVERAGE 1900+

I'm not saying thats right but I would prob say more.

This is pretty good for a school of 550 students

William Blount stadium is pretty nice.

I like a stadium with a true visitor's side. WB and Heritage have home and visitors sitting side by side, separated by the reserved seating area. They both need visitor bleachers across the field.

If they did, it would be awesome.

One other gripe - I detest the stands that are just concrete slabs with no bleacher seats. Many schools do that.

All this coming from a Red Rebel Fan.

OK, if you were to design a stadium for a, for argument's sake, a 5A school with 4200 students. What would you have?

Include seating capacity, type seating area (bleacher or chair-backs), # of restrooms, # concession stands, type food served, seating capacity, press box, want a track around the field, etc.

Edited by jrlcm

I like a stadium with a true visitor's side. WB and Heritage have home and visitors sitting side by side, separated by the reserved seating area. They both need visitor bleachers across the field.

If they did, it would be awesome.

One other gripe - I detest the stands that are just concrete slabs with no bleacher seats. Many schools do that.

All this coming from a Red Rebel Fan.

OK, if you were to design a stadium for a, for argument's sake, a 5A school with 4200 students. What would you have?

Include seating capacity, type seating area (bleacher or chair-backs), # of restrooms, # concession stands, type food served, seating capacity, press box, want a track around the field, etc.

I would build something like this:

060714_B1_Turni30095_union2003.jpg060714_B1_Turni30095_union.jpgsm_UMAC-North-View.jpgUMAC%20Aerial.jpg

I think if you look closely, you will see light poles on one side and the shadows of poles on the opposite side. Could be wrong, but I think it does have lights.

Let there be light.....

060714_B1_Turni30095_union1976.jpg

Ditto... you can see the shadows of the lights in the other photos also. The light stands are attached to the top of the stadium and hang out slighly over each side of the staduim. In the construction photo you can see it better.