Lewis Co. vs. Houston Co.

THECHB

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe I have ever seen more respect given between two programs than comes from Camden and Lewis County. Nobody is downgrading the other or tooting their own horns as being far superior. The truth is that neither team is far superior or even superior.. one will be better on one night on week ten and that's that.

Region 6-AA is a class region. Most fans support the other programs tooth and nail when they are playing outside the region. Almost every thread this season concerning Friday night games ends with fans wishing sucess and injury free games for the athletes. The region shows true class to the great degree on this website and that is much more than can be said for a lot of other regions represented on Coach T.

Camden, Adamsville and Waverly fans have shown great class in particular. I don't like to boast on my own Lewis County but most of us, and yes, that's most of us, are class fans. I hope that Region 6-AA keeps this current identity for a long time because there are some programs that are going to be great for a while... Camden and Lewis County. Some programs that are definitely on the move, Waverly and Adamsville... and some that with a few breaks could be competitve in the future, Richland, Houston County and Stewart County. Add Riverside and Loretto that are down after being sucessful in the past and this is a region that could eventually be one of the best in the state.

Good luck to all!

I don't believe I have ever seen more respect given between two programs than comes from Camden and Lewis County. Nobody is downgrading the other or tooting their own horns as being far superior. The truth is that neither team is far superior or even superior.. one will be better on one night on week ten and that's that.

Region 6-AA is a class region. Most fans support the other programs tooth and nail when they are playing outside the region. Almost every thread this season concerning Friday night games ends with fans wishing sucess and injury free games for the athletes. The region shows true class to the great degree on this website and that is much more than can be said for a lot of other regions represented on Coach T.

Camden, Adamsville and Waverly fans have shown great class in particular. I don't like to boast on my own Lewis County but most of us, and yes, that's most of us, are class fans. I hope that Region 6-AA keeps this current identity for a long time because there are some programs that are going to be great for a while... Camden and Lewis County. Some programs that are definitely on the move, Waverly and Adamsville... and some that with a few breaks could be competitve in the future, Richland, Houston County and Stewart County. Add Riverside and Loretto that are down after being sucessful in the past and this is a region that could eventually be one of the best in the state.

Good luck to all!

Great post Don...but one thing, if we're going to keep the region the same can we not try to move the schools a little closer together or maybe the towns or something? I mean really, that drive from Loretto to Dover is insane! I'll talk to the Governor and see if I can work something out :thumb: because I, like you, have truly enjoyed the past couple of years :thumb:

Great post Don...but one thing, if we're going to keep the region the same can we not try to move the schools a little closer together or maybe the towns or something? I mean really, that drive from Loretto to Dover is insane! I'll talk to the Governor and see if I can work something out :thumb: because I, like you, have truly enjoyed the past couple of years :blink:

HA HA I got a fellow who drives down from Camden every few weeks and sells at our auction and I used to drive up to Bruceton every month to sell at one there. I got a special connection with your neck of the woods.

As I see it, most people have to commute to work now as more local jobs leave our smaller towns so we are just doing our high school kids a favor getting them used to it.. HA

I keep trying to convince Coach Sharp to schedule Pigeon Forge or Gatlingburg-Pittman as one of our off-region games. That would be a long, long trip worth taking, win or lose.

HA HA I got a fellow who drives down from Camden every few weeks and sells at our auction and I used to drive up to Bruceton every month to sell at one there. I got a special connection with your neck of the woods.

As I see it, most people have to commute to work now as more local jobs leave our smaller towns so we are just doing our high school kids a favor getting them used to it.. HA

I keep trying to convince Coach Sharp to schedule Pigeon Forge or Gatlingburg-Pittman as one of our off-region games. That would be a long, long trip worth taking, win or lose.

Hey...sounds like a winner to me! :lol: