Lewis Co. vs. Houston Co.

THECHB

I would agree with that....but is it wrong to want more. Winning the region almost every year is great. I love going to work and talking about my Panthers. The problem is....I work with people who played for Trousdale County, Riverdale, Oakland, Portland, etc. They all have state championships and I get a little frustrated because I feel we have been good enough to have at least one. Winning the region just doesn't satisfy me anymore. I am not quite old enough to remember any teams older than 20 years ago but I do remember the 95 team. Got beat in the playoffs that year by I believe Goodpasture. I think we lost by 3. Goodpasture went on to blow out Lipscomb and then beat Meigs Co pretty bad. Get rid of the private schools and that was our year. I also remember we had a great passing game that year. Our pass was just as good as the rush that year.

I guess I was wrong... take away the private schools and Sharp could have won state in '95. They really need to move them all to their own division. Look at the top ranked teams in 2a. (Goodpasture, Tyner Academy, CPA) When Trousdale Co moved up in class they skipped 2a because of this very reason. Hard to compete with private schools who recruit and give scholarships!

Sounds like you want a ring more for yourself than the boys on the team.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My education must be a little off..so 8 out of 10 baby boys born in Alcoa are destined to be great football players where LC is more like 5 out of 10. Must be the Oak Ridge radioactivity! There is no right or wrong in this discussion...just opinions. I really don't mean to sound like a Sharp basher. A lot of teams in the state would be lucky to have him...I personally think we could be better with a more balanced offense. Also..I work with about 10 former Trousdale County players... they have won their 6 state championships by using a balanced offense! Coach Satterfield is considered one of the best coaches in the state. They beat the 3a state champion Livingston Academy last year. I guarentee you Livingston had more talent on their team. They were outcoached. I stand by my statement that we could have had a state championship.

That is an absurd comment. Trousdale has won by way of the run. They only began to implement a passing game when Clint's sons played QB (Wes, in the year 2000) and WR (Right Now). Trousdale team's during the nineties were a run, run offense. No pass involved. I take that back. They would throw roughly three to five times a game. After the 99 season, Clint began to throw the ball around because of his son. By the way, his son has a cannon so if I were Clint I would have thrown it as well. But please get your facts straight, Trousdale Co. has not always had balance on offense.

Also, most high school teams rarely have balance on offense. I mean 20% pass to 80% run is about as balanced as most teams get.

I think we could have won a state championship... maybe in 1995? Definitely in 1979 and 1980. But only one can hoist the gold ball. The 1979 and 1980 team is probably long forgotten by most fans around here, especially those who are young. But I've seen them all since 1966 and that is two teams that could have won it all.

oh my, memories there Don, Lake County and Goodpasture....so close

:lol::rolleyes: I dont care what people say-CAMDEN by 14 over LC in week 10!!

Hmmmm....seems like it's a bit early to start making predictions on this game. Lots can happen between now and then. As I remember, last year Camden had a team that was a good 21 point favorite on paper, was playing at home, and could smell their first region championship. But a funny thing happened on the way to the awards ceremony. LC had 3 defensive starters out for that game. I know Wilbanks was out for Camden, but he did play. This years LC team is much better than last years team. Everyone associated with LC is aware that Camden plays the same region team LC played the week before. Everyone knows that Camden is getting to watch LC on game film every week because of this. Everyone also knows that LC has a bye week before the Camden game. That bye week made the difference last year.

Predict away.

And, papatiger...Waverly will get its chance soon enough. So be patient. No need to hijack LC threads because you don't feel Waverly is getting enough respect. You've got Montgomery Central and Riverside before you get a shot at LC. So you should come into the LC game 5-1. I smell a visit by Rudy Kalis for that game.

Hmmmm....seems like it's a bit early to start making predictions on this game. Lots can happen between now and then. As I remember, last year Camden had a team that was a good 21 point favorite on paper, was playing at home, and could smell their first region championship. But a funny thing happened on the way to the awards ceremony. LC had 3 defensive starters out for that game. I know Wilbanks was out for Camden, but he did play. This years LC team is much better than last years team. Everyone associated with LC is aware that Camden plays the same region team LC played the week before. Everyone knows that Camden is getting to watch LC on game film every week because of this. Everyone also knows that LC has a bye week before the Camden game. That bye week made the difference last year.

Predict away.

And, papatiger...Waverly will get its chance soon enough. So be patient. No need to hijack LC threads because you don't feel Waverly is getting enough respect. You've got Montgomery Central and Riverside before you get a shot at LC. So you should come into the LC game 5-1. I smell a visit by Rudy Kalis for that game.

Well, first of all, if you have read any of my posts, I have stated that Lewis County and Camden were the two top teams. But......I also said, you want steam roll us like you think you are going to. It will be a good game from start to finish. Just be overconfident and something might happen. Notice I said might. Remember, anyone can beat anyone on any given night.

Yes, D1 AA. The teams that everyone beats on for warm ups at the beginning of the year.

Well to be honest about the whole situation, I would be happy to be a warmup for some NCAA schools. I think some jealousy has stricken some of the Tigers. I think they might just have a pretty good team. But, when you mock our program so much, it doesn't say a whole lot about the teams that lose to Lewis County. Also, you will lose to Lewis County, in my mind there will be no question about that. Coach Sharp will push the team to get better wvery week< And he will settle for no less than perfection come week ten. I think you are just another bunp in the road. By the way how many NFL stars does Waverly house? I would say the same as any team in our region.

:thumb: Just keep the fire fueling

Don, did the 1980 team throw the ball very much? In 95, when we lost to the eventual state champs, we only attempted 93 passes in 13 games. That's 7 attempts per game. By the way, they won 14-0 the first half and we won 14-3 the second half..........

I was in school at Hohenwald then...Don could of course tell you exactly I'm sure, but if they threw it more than you guys did that year I would be surprised.