Lewis Co. vs. Houston Co.

THECHB

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You didn't reply LCHS Grinch. Wonder why?

Probably because I have had a few tests to study for the past couple of days, I apologize for keeping you waiting. Here it is , the cold, honest truth It wouldn't matter if we don't have a college prospect in the next twenty years at Lewis County as long as we keep those region trophies on our shelves. Also, we still will be a better football team for years to come. Who cares about the old Geezers that could, nothing against the old greats, but the past is actually history. I was trying to make a point that even though the past reminds us where a program has been, the present and the sudden future is all that really matters. A great program is not made with a great player going to a big school and making it into the NFL, it's that team record and overall play that keeps the fans in the stands year in and year out.Also which of these NFL stars will be playing against us in week 8?

NONE.

The THIRD ranked Tigers is all you will bring to the table.

Good Luck answering this one without foul language

Probably because I have had a few tests to study for the past couple of days, I apologize for keeping you waiting. Here it is , the cold, honest truth It wouldn't matter if we don't have a college prospect in the next twenty years at Lewis County as long as we keep those region trophies on our shelves. Also, we still will be a better football team for years to come. Who cares about the old Geezers that could, nothing against the old greats, but the past is actually history. I was trying to make a point that even though the past reminds us where a program has been, the present and the sudden future is all that really matters. A great program is not made with a great player going to a big school and making it into the NFL, it's that team record and overall play that keeps the fans in the stands year in and year out.Also which of these NFL stars will be playing against us in week 8?

NONE.

The THIRD ranked Tigers is all you will bring to the table.

Good Luck answering this one without foul language

Go Lions!

This was not a very good game for LC. They were flat from start to finish. It was one of those games where you are suprised to see the score is what it is because it felt much closer. But, hey....a win is a win. The bright spots were the screen passes from TJ to Chris. Chuck Dodson and Harley Deline played a good game. The defense approached the game like a Tuesday practice. Other factors were on the player's minds, I'm sure.

This was not a very good game for LC. They were flat from start to finish. It was one of those games where you are suprised to see the score is what it is because it felt much closer. But, hey....a win is a win. The bright spots were the screen passes from TJ to Chris. Chuck Dodson and Harley Deline played a good game. The defense approached the game like a Tuesday practice. Other factors were on the player's minds, I'm sure.

Great points on the game, I felt the same way after watching th game. Many og these factors should not have happened and also some leadership should have taken care of them before they happened.

As I stated three weeks ago, some of Lewis County and Camden's biggest challenges were going to be to keep from going to sleep in some of these games. Nothing personal against Houston County or the likes, but how motivated can you get for these games?

The coaches can scream, yell, persuade, cajole and banter all they want about how difficult these games might be but it's tought to get them going every week.

But still, it was 34-0 with 6:00 left in the third quarter when the second unit took the field. I am sure that if the coaches had left the starters in, the win would have been much more.

As I stated three weeks ago, some of Lewis County and Camden's biggest challenges were going to be to keep from going to sleep in some of these games. Nothing personal against Houston County or the likes, but how motivated can you get for these games?

The coaches can scream, yell, persuade, cajole and banter all they want about how difficult these games might be but it's tought to get them going every week.

But still, it was 34-0 with 6:00 left in the third quarter when the second unit took the field. I am sure that if the coaches had left the starters in, the win would have been much more.

The second unit also had the third string qb in, who fumbled at least twice, maybe three times. This also kinda helped slow the game down as far as scoring went in the second half.

I agree Don...keeping Lewis and Camden motivated will be the hardest things for the coaches, especially this season when there seems to be even more disparity between the top two and everyone else.

Listening to the game it seemed the Panthers lacked the focus they usually display, and I'm sure that Camden wil begin to show some of that also because of what has to be sheer boredom. I mean when you play teams like Westview and Huntingdon in weeks 0 and 1, and then have little or no competition at all (no offense to the rest of the region) and have to suddenly get "up" and play the biggest game of the season...well that would be a challenge for any coach. The biggest bright side I can see between now and week 10 will be when Camden plays Waverly. That is always a good competitive rivalry and Waverly looks to be the only team left to truly give Camden or Lewis co any push.

Going into week 10 you have to give the edge to Lewis co because of the off week in week 9 and also because they are the defending region champs but...there is something going on in Camden that's very special and I'm sure rcombs and others that follow the games week in and week out will attest to it. I can't wait until that matchup and in the mean while I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the ride :rolleyes: