Henry county - Liberty

the prophet

Why that hate for the crusaders? I thought all you Jackson folks stuck together.

I'm going with the underdogs. Liberty wins this one by 7.

After the first two years of playing JCM, they refused to play us again. What should be a great cross town rivalry with good gates for both teams hasn`t been played the last two years.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only games in which both teams have winning records. Sometimes there are some exceptions early in the year, but that is the general rule.

Thanks for the info, VG. I think one reason this thread is so dead is that everybody wants to talk about Munford. We need, as fans (I don't doubt the players and coaches are already doing this), to focus on Liberty. I know of two games they have played. One was against Humboldt, an undefeated team, that they only lost 10 to 7. Liberty should have won that game but had several fumbles. That was their first game, I think, and I am sure they are not making those same mistakes. Another was against Huntingdon, always a good team, and they only lost to them by maybe a touchdown. We need to take this one week at a time, folks. Liberty is the kind of team that can sneak up on you. They have some great players. Their defense stays right on top of you which means we need to open up the passing game. Correct me if I am wrong on any of the facts because maybe I have heard wrong.

Hey, VG! The top ten ways you know you won't make play-off thread - what do you think about the specific team and coach bashing?

Edited by realredpride

Thanks for the info, VG. I think one reason this thread is so dead is that everybody wants to talk about Munford. We need, as fans (I don't doubt the players and coaches are already doing this), to focus on Liberty. I know of two games they have played. One was against Humboldt, an undefeated team, that they only lost 10 to 7. Liberty should have won that game but had several fumbles. That was their first game, I think, and I am sure they are not making those same mistakes. Another was against Huntingdon, always a good team, and they only lost to them by maybe a touchdown. We need to take this one week at a time, folks. Liberty is the kind of team that can sneak up on you. They have some great players. Their defense stays right on top of you which means we need to open up the passing game. Correct me if I am wrong on any of the facts because maybe I have heard wrong.

Hey, VG! The top ten ways you know you won't make play-off thread - what do you think about the specific team and coach bashing?

I think you hit the nail on the head RedPride! And I am just as guilty as any wanting to talk about Munford. Liberty is a scary team to me. Their size surprises me and I think their record is deceiving. I know they will be speedy. It is hard to guage them against their wins/losses so we have only to watch them on film and prepare, prepare, prepare. Like you said, the coaches and kids will be ready Friday night I have no doubt.

I looked on the map to see where Liberty is. I was surprised to find out that it is way out East near Pringles Park. All we have to do from Paris is go to Huntingdon and get on Hwy 70 south, cross the interstate and turn right on Watson Rd. That is a pretty easy drive IMO. Can't wait for Friday!!!

This year it seems like other teams fans are not posting much, why I don't know? I think that will pick up with last 4 games. I have seen more Munford, SS & NS fans a posting for previous games. Yanker/VG will always post with us not matter who HC plays. Thanks Yanker/VG. We try our best to weigh in on some of your games.

Without the other teams posting, it just leaves Patriot fans talking among ourselves. I hate to say it maybe we just run out of things to talk about, don'tcha think?

Example: VG have you tried the new Redbone Restraurant in Jackson?

The YANKER never runs out of things to talk about!! I AM THE YANKER!!!!! (How did you like that my unadviceful friend)??

I think you hit the nail on the head RedPride! And I am just as guilty as any wanting to talk about Munford. Liberty is a scary team to me. Their size surprises me and I think their record is deceiving. I know they will be speedy. It is hard to guage them against their wins/losses so we have only to watch them on film and prepare, prepare, prepare. Like you said, the coaches and kids will be ready Friday night I have no doubt.

I looked on the map to see where Liberty is. I was surprised to find out that it is way out East near Pringles Park. All we have to do from Paris is go to Huntingdon and get on Hwy 70 south, cross the interstate and turn right on Watson Rd. That is a pretty easy drive IMO. Can't wait for Friday!!!

Looking for a good game this Friday. Coming off a win Crusaders will be ready for another. Pats will be ready to keep that from happening. I also looked at map on Yahoo. When did they name Hwy 70 between Huntington and Jackson "Broadway of America"?? I guess if you take that route you can tell everyone that you were on Broadway! :rolleyes: