Coffee County vs. John Overton

katesfloied

I was at the game... well, for most of the game at least. It started lightning and pouring and CC gave up some big plays and a turnover, so I left. At the half, it was 6-3 CC. The defenses were playing exceptionally well. After halftime (which was extremely boring with no shows BTW), the Raiders scored a TD making it 13-3. After that, Overton just snapped out of their slumber and CC seemed to start making some mistakes. The rain helped Overton by probably causing the turnover by CC, which allowed them to score. What happened next was two or three BIG runs by the Overton RB. The Raider D was caught out of position on both. After that, I left. It is quite amazing that it was all defense in the first half and all Overton offense in the 4th quarter. Overton scored three or four of their TDs in the 4th quarter alone. CC scored one in the entire second half. It was a real disappointing end to a real interesting and hopeful beginning. That is why we thought that CC might just pull out a win last night, SemperFiBlue (from MTSU who got STOMPED today by Oklahoma!). If you are going to just base all HS teams on what they always have been, don't bother posting. Teams change every year.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the game... well, for most of the game at least. It started lightning and pouring and CC gave up some big plays and a turnover, so I left. At the half, it was 6-3 CC. The defenses were playing exceptionally well. After halftime (which was extremely boring with no shows BTW), the Raiders scored a TD making it 13-3. After that, Overton just snapped out of their slumber and CC seemed to start making some mistakes. The rain helped Overton by probably causing the turnover by CC, which allowed them to score. What happened next was two or three BIG runs by the Overton RB. The Raider D was caught out of position on both. After that, I left. It is quite amazing that it was all defense in the first half and all Overton offense in the 4th quarter. Overton scored three or four of their TDs in the 4th quarter alone. CC scored one in the entire second half. It was a real disappointing end to a real interesting and hopeful beginning. That is why we thought that CC might just pull out a win last night, SemperFiBlue (from MTSU who got STOMPED today by Oklahoma!). If you are going to just base all HS teams on what they always have been, don't bother posting. Teams change every year.

GREAT POINT SUKRILLUX,HOLD ON SEMPER IM GETTING A TEXT FROM MY ESPN MOBILE OKLAHOMA JUST SCORED AGAIN. 59-0, 59-0, 59-0!!!!!WELCOME TO BIG TIME FOOTBALL.GOOd LUCK COFFEE COUNTY THE REST OF THE YEAR!!!!HOW IS THE BIG BOY GONZALEZ DOING?

Edited by sparta boy

GREAT POINT SUKRILLUX,HOLD ON SEMPER IM GETTING A TEXT FROM MY ESPN MOBILE OKLAHOMA JUST SCORED AGAIN. 59-0, 59-0, 59-0!!!!!WELCOME TO BIG TIME FOOTBALL.GOOd LUCK COFFEE COUNTY THE REST OF THE YEAR!!!!HOW IS THE BIG BOY GONZALEZ DOING?

:rolleyes: You think I'm bothered because we lost 59-0 to the best team in the country in 1-A? Middle Tennessee going up against Oklahoma is like White County trying to take on Nease, Florida. Only instead of losing 59-0, White County would be soundly beaten 500-0.

:thumb: You think I'm bothered because we lost 59-0 to the best team in the country in 1-A? Middle Tennessee going up against Oklahoma is like White County trying to take on Nease, Florida. Only instead of losing 59-0, White County would be soundly beaten 500-0.

best team in 1a?thought they were 15,and yes 59-0 bothers you :rolleyes: what instrument did you play in the band?ill let you go i guess your probably late for your rally!!!Good luck with north texas state they are more your teams level.

best team in 1a?thought they were 15,and yes 59-0 bothers you :rolleyes: what instrument did you play in the band?ill let you go i guess your probably late for your rally!!!Good luck with north texas state they are more your teams level.

Oklahoma is undefeated in my book royally screwed over by a suspended Pac-10 officiating crew. The polls don't reflect the true strengths of each team. If Oklahoma had the chance to play Ohio State, the Sooners would win convincingly.

As for North Texas, they are probably more down on our level and it's good that we have these games. Tennessee Tech and Tennessee State truly need to stick to playing teams more down on their level like Garner-Webb and Prarie View A&M as if the 44-0 and 38-9 losses to Middle Tennessee and Vanderbilt wasn't proof of that.

Edited by SemperFiBlue

Oklahoma is undefeated in my book royally screwed over by a suspended Pac-10 officiating crew. The polls don't reflect the true strengths of each team. If Oklahoma had the chance to play Ohio State, the Sooners would win convincingly.

As for North Texas, they are probably more down on our level and it's good that we have these games. Tennessee Tech and Tennessee State truly need to stick to playing teams more down on their level like Garner-Webb and Prarie View A&M as if the 44-0 and 38-9 losses to Middle Tennessee and Vanderbilt wasn't proof of that.

i finally agree with you!!!!!tech needs to play at there level as well as mtsu.by the way im a michigan fan so insult tsu ttu fu and whoever else!!!!!! still hadnt told me what instrument you played when you were in the band in high school.By the way in less than 10 tears when mtsu goes back to the ohio valley conference maybe youll get a ring or 2.How many fans does mtsu really get per game minus the inflated numbers to keep them eligible for 1a.

Edited by sparta boy

Please someone block this fool!!

amen how is gonzalez doing?is he still injured.

Unless he was hurt in the Cumberland Co. game, he had the big cast on his hand off. Of course, I dunno what happend in the practices leading up to the John Overton game. Since I wasn't at the game Friday night I can't really answer that question for you. So hopefully that helped just a little.

Unless he was hurt in the Cumberland Co. game, he had the big cast on his hand off. Of course, I dunno what happend in the practices leading up to the John Overton game. Since I wasn't at the game Friday night I can't really answer that question for you. So hopefully that helped just a little.

yes thanks!!!!!! he is a big man and looks athletic.