State Tournament Brackets

mjuhb

Where's the love, Flash? You just don't believe that CAK can do it, do you? Like you said, let's hope we get to see. You know that I have the utmost respect for Coach Mac and his squads. Some of the best that TN has had, and probably will have. Also, while CAK's opponents are not the caliber of FRA's they are a tad bit better than .500. (The win loss is 46-42-7. That's above .500 though close to it I must admit, and no where near the record of FRA's opponents).

I haven't looked at the brackets too closely... what would have to happen for them to meet? The guys usually met in the quarters, not sure about this year.

Don't know about CAK...have not seen tehm. I was going off Eurosport regarding the records....the schedule there shows under .500.....I've seen Bearden and Notre Dame (they look pretty good). I would be interested to see how CAK would match up there. As far a Futbalfan's comments...I think we'll just have to wait and see!!?? :rolleyes:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know about CAK...have not seen tehm. I was going off Eurosport regarding the records....the schedule there shows under .500.....I've seen Bearden and Notre Dame (they look pretty good). I would be interested to see how CAK would match up there. As far a Futbalfan's comments...I think we'll just have to wait and see!!?? :unsure:

Flash, you know who I love...you should also know what I REALLY think. No offense intended, I was only kidding with all the serious "who can take who" discussion. :unsure::D

• 4 weeks later...

Thought this would be worth bumping....

State Champions are on the way who will they be....?

D2 -- should be either St. Agnes or BGA. It would be nice to have the two best teams playing each other in the state finals.

A/AA -- should be FRA once again...not sure what other teams in that division have as much individual talent from top to bottom as FRA. Couple that talent with great coaching and you should have yourself a winner.

AAA -- this division is all over the place and anyone can win this year. I'm not even going to attempt to guess this one.

A/AA -- should be FRA once again...not sure what other teams in that division have as much individual talent from top to bottom as FRA. Couple that talent with great coaching and you should have yourself a winner.

It would probably be a mistake to count out Notre Dame, who beat FRA 2-0 earlier in the season. CAK, Chatt Christian, and USJ all have a shot.

The next 2 1/2 weeks should be very exciting.

It would probably be a mistake to count out Notre Dame, who beat FRA 2-0 earlier in the season. CAK, Chatt Christian, and USJ all have a shot.

The next 2 1/2 weeks should be very exciting.

I'll have to take the time to actually look at the brackets, but I would love it if the top 4 teams could actually face each other in the state semi finals (but history has shown that usually 2 of those top teams meet earlier).

If I had to pick a favorite top 4 (in random order)

CAK (come on, I had to put them first!)

FRA (I do hope that they face CAK sometime - put Flash and my debate to rest)

Notre Dame

CCS

with USJ coming in a VERY close #5.

Too bad we can't do a bracket contest like the NCAA!

Why not? Let's start with the region games and we'll pick Region Semis, Finals, Sub-State, and all 3 rounds of state.

1 pt. for Region Semis.

3 pts. for Region Finals.

5 pts. for Sub State.

7 pts. for Quarters

10 pts. for Semis

15 pts. for State Final.

Or we could increase the points. I'm up for it if anyone else is.

It would probably be a mistake to count out Notre Dame, who beat FRA 2-0 earlier in the season.

Key word here is "earlier in the season." Wouldn't put a whole lot of weight on that game.

But, FRA has to come out of a very strong district first, as history has shown. Agreed that Notre Dame should not be counted out, as well as CAK, Knox Catholic, CCS and the two of the following: FRA, CPA, David Lipscomb or DCA.

Edited by dubyah

Why not? Let's start with the region games and we'll pick Region Semis, Finals, Sub-State, and all 3 rounds of state.

1 pt. for Region Semis.

3 pts. for Region Finals.

5 pts. for Sub State.

7 pts. for Quarters

10 pts. for Semis

15 pts. for State Final.

Or we could increase the points. I'm up for it if anyone else is.

Sounds good. I'll start a thread. Ballots must be completed by 10/24. I'll do one for A/AA. I don't know enough about the other divisions.