Wk.6 Sullivan South @ TN HIGH

HiGipper

MG I’ve been trying not to say this for the simple fact that I wanted to give South the credit that they deserved for winning the game Friday. But the truth of the matter is that the Viking team that played in the South game Friday night wasn’t the same team that we have seen this entire season prior to this game!!! South fans may think I’m trying to make excuses but I’m sorry…it’s the truth! South somehow controlled the line of scrimmage…and with no disrespect to them meant…our down linemen have been up against much better and have done well against all. What I mean by much better is statistically superior. THE VIKINGS JUST CHOCKED!!!! Do I think South is the better of the two teams…no. Do I think they were the better team Friday night…yes without a doubt!!! South played with LOTS of emotion because they obviously had something to prove. Phillips was almost flawless and his receivers ran their routs and caught the ball. It’s not hard to figure out who the MLC MVP will be this year. I think South needs to take a look back and realize that THS is a much better team than what they saw Friday night. But I’m sure that’s not going to happen…so we’ll see you in the playoffs.

And about the passing game…YOU’RE RIGHT!!! But don’t think that the coaching staff isn’t and hasn’t been stressing this to their players.

Actually cap...it's the other way around, the players have been tryin stress this to the coaches not the coaches to the players. The players know they need to pass, the coaches ( 1 for sure) are just to stubborn to let #10 throw the ball.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see that you are fairly new to the boards (or at least new to this alias)…you’ll get use to me. I don’t mean any harm…I just like to mix it up with the guys on here…push a button or two to stir up the pot. :o I do however do my best to give credit where credit is do and just like most on here, I appreciate talent when I see it. With that said…I appreciate the consolation bone you threw to this dog but I have to disagree with you on your assessment of the game. I don’t think there was anything the Vikings could have done to change the outcome of the game last Friday night. The Rebels were simply the better team that night in every aspect and Philips was obviously on point! The Vikings will find it very difficult to stay in the game with even a lesser team if they repeat the performance that they put on in this game. I’m not trying to take away from the South win, it’s just that I have seen the Vikings play all year and know what they are capable of and that was easily their poorest effort to date. And that’s including the DB game. Not saying the outcome would have been any different Friday night but it would have been a better game if the Vikings had showed up. The Rebels played an almost flawless game and if they can ride this wave for the rest of the year (as bad as I hate to say it) I see them giving Mo West a run for their money this year. Credit due…credit given!! :lol:

I was at the Castle for the DB game and yes, you had them on the run. In the end it was, in my opinion, a lack of diversity that beat Bristol. Turnovers aside, I feel that in todays football enviornment being one dimensional is a tolling of the death knell. And that was my heated, foaming at the mouth, why can't you see the problem, argument with Stacy Carter which dates back to the 05 campaign. Had we not changed the game plan for the game with you we would have been slaughtered. You have to create diversion. The tempo of the game, the level of talent, the tremendous expectations from these kids, all combine to make todays atmosphere much different than in the 70's. So from seeing you play against DB I saw that we were in the shiz. I knew we would be buried if we did not change. Change we did and that brought us new momentum...new direction. Yes, I too think we have a chance with MWest now. As for you, you have it all...the Oline, the Dline, the backs, the great kicking game, the tradition. You just need another tool...your passing game. And I think that is what Stubbs will do. You are better than us you just had a bad game? I don't know about that. We're different. You look stronger, more intense. Your play is fierce. But when adversity strikes you look confused, diffused. Granted, you came back each time. I guess what I would like is to play you again. I think if we met again in the Region then a tale would be told!

Morristown West will beat South or Tennessee High by 3 touchdowns on their worst night. Maryville will beat Morristown West by 4 touchdowns on their worst night. Thats how week at football we are up here. And yes, DB will get beat in the playoffs to. Theres just not enough talent up here to prepare any of us for the teams out of Knoxville, Chattanooga, and Middle Tennessee.

DB will make it to the finals and then lose. MWest will not prevail this year. Yes, our Rap is weak but our chances are better now than in the past 20 years.

Edited by compusatman

We lost to South, fair and square, There is no "well if we had showed up" or "well if this or that would have happened" The better team that night came out with the win. There is no well I still think the Vikings are better, maybe we can prove we are later in the play-offs, but for now, let the facts show the truth. And the "wat if we had a passing game" question is one to seriously be considered. I wouldn't blame this on any one person. The coaches want to throw more, Thomas wants to throw more, but its just not been the game plan. The line blocks for the run, but doesnt quite hold up for the pass. Has anyone watched when Thomas does try to throw the ball, the defense is through his O-line and in his face before he even looks up. #70 from South was on him all night. Its no wander he runs more than he passes, usually trying to get away from people. Let the fact of a let down game pass and move on to next week. Good luck to the rebels, but Lets go Vikes!!!

We lost to South, fair and square, There is no "well if we had showed up" or "well if this or that would have happened" The better team that night came out with the win. There is no well I still think the Vikings are better, maybe we can prove we are later in the play-offs, but for now, let the facts show the truth. And the "wat if we had a passing game" question is one to seriously be considered. I wouldn't blame this on any one person. The coaches want to throw more, Thomas wants to throw more, but its just not been the game plan. The line blocks for the run, but doesnt quite hold up for the pass. Has anyone watched when Thomas does try to throw the ball, the defense is through his O-line and in his face before he even looks up. #70 from South was on him all night. Its no wander he runs more than he passes, usually trying to get away from people. Let the fact of a let down game pass and move on to next week. Good luck to the rebels, but Lets go Vikes!!!

A team as good as the Vikings that can't or won't throw the ball is going to get the QB hurt. Every team for the rest of the year is going to have a #70 coming strong.

DB will make it to the finals and then lose. MWest will not prevail this year. Yes, our Rap is weak but our chances are better now than in the past 20 years.

If DB makes it to the final game they will win it all. West Tn. is even weaker in football than Upper East Tn. is. But I think it will be Ooltewah losing to Riverdale to deside who will be in the final against a team from the West.

Actually cap...it's the other way around, the players have been tryin stress this to the coaches not the coaches to the players. The players know they need to pass, the coaches ( 1 for sure) are just to stubborn to let #10 throw the ball.

I was under the same impression, but after talking to several of the players on different occasions the situation is different in their minds from what I thought. I was told that one coaches’ anger (probably the 1 you are talking about) reached the point of frustration because his instruction was not being carried out on the field. I was told the same story by more than a couple different members of the team.

I was under the same impression, but after talking to several of the players on different occasions the situation is different in their minds from what I thought. I was told that one coaches’ anger (probably the 1 you are talking about) reached the point of frustration because his instruction was not being carried out on the field. I was told the same story by more than a couple different members of the team.

I heard the same thing! :thumb:

You are better than us you just had a bad game? I don't know about that. We're different. You look stronger, more intense. Your play is fierce. But when adversity strikes you look confused, diffused. Granted, you came back each time. I guess what I would like is to play you again. I think if we met again in the Region then a tale would be told!

That is the hope and wish of EVERY Viking fan, coach, and player…but I’ve been round and round trying to figure out how it will happen! The only thing I can come up with is that one of us is going to have to take down the BEAST at the crossroads…which is obviously not going to be an easy task but is not out of the question!! In BEAST I mean MO WEST.

That is the hope and wish of EVERY Viking fan, coach, and player…but I’ve been round and round trying to figure out how it will happen! The only thing I can come up with is that one of us is going to have to take down the BEAST at the crossroads…which is obviously not going to be an easy task but is not out of the question!! In BEAST I mean MO WEST.

Not true. Assuming that South wins out and takes top spot, if the Vikes somehow stumble and place 3rd , they would be placed in the same bracket with South. Only one game would then separate the two and the possibility would exist for a rematch in the 2nd round.

What if ..... then ..... else ....., it doesn't matter. There are still 4 games left. South probably has the better remaining schedule than TN does. The Rebs will host the 'Clones this week, go to Unicoi, then finish at home with North & East. TN still must go to East, host Central, then finish up at Johnson Co. & at North.

However it turns out, good luck to both.

South @ The Castle rematch. Very possible.

#1 seed South hosts Boone in 2nd round and wins. #2 THS travels to MoWest and wins. THS will have earned home field because they beat the region 2's # 1 team.

(it is region 2's turn in the rotation to host round 3 but there are no region 2 teams left and THS gets the home rotation over South.)

Round 4 is in Knoxville/Chattanooga this year.