Who is the band that u come to a football game to watch?

Bassfishing_205

It's too bad that a thread on the "BAND" forum about which bands folks like to see has to be hijacked by folks who seemed threatened by the marching band. What part of this thread was about football? What part of this question was "are football players tougher than band members"? What part of the initial topic was about "is band a sport"? It would be great fun to solve the "Which is tougher?" question once and for all. I say give all the band members pads and helmets for two weeks of football practice and give the football players marching uniforms and instruments for two weeks of band practice. At the end of two weeks, have the band members play a football game, and have the football players play a half-time show. A panel of impartial judges can be selected to see which group was able to do the other group's activity better. A winner will be declared! In the meantime, I'd like the rights to the video of the football players playing the halftime show, as I'd like to market it and become a youTube millionaire!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's too bad that a thread on the "BAND" forum about which bands folks like to see has to be hijacked by folks who seemed threatened by the marching band. What part of this thread was about football? What part of this question was "are football players tougher than band members"? What part of the initial topic was about "is band a sport"? It would be great fun to solve the "Which is tougher?" question once and for all. I say give all the band members pads and helmets for two weeks of football practice and give the football players marching uniforms and instruments for two weeks of band practice. At the end of two weeks, have the band members play a football game, and have the football players play a half-time show. A panel of impartial judges can be selected to see which group was able to do the other group's activity better. A winner will be declared! In the meantime, I'd like the rights to the video of the football players playing the halftime show, as I'd like to market it and become a youTube millionaire!

Ha ha! Love your post!

good idea an all but you cant learn ether in two weeks. An no one is threatened what ticks people off about this is the title you go to football games to watch football not watch the half time show. I dont know if who ever made this up if them meant to word it like this but thats what made me mad.

• 2 weeks later...

It is as simple as this. Why does band exist? They exist to support the football team. That is the sole purpose of their existance. Band parents may go watch their little band geek play but no one other than that. Without football there would be no band. In fact I would bet that virtually all of the student body would rather there be no band at halftime and they get to go on field and throw the ball around like at a JV game.

For any who might be interested that live in the area...Halls high school in northeastern knoxville is having a high school marching band competition saturday sept 22....if you want to see some good bands come out there and see the pride these kids have and what they do...and actually see the stands filled to overflowing.. you will be thouroughly entertained..

and for future knowledge... the band doesnt represent just the football team...they represent the school and the basketball teams....and they also have their own competitions and state championships... they play the whole school year.. so to say they only represent football and their wouldnt be a band if football wasnt their is a misconception... band was around long before football.... and as an ex football player myself... there was nothing better than hearing that band while coming out of the locker room and getting us pumped up before a game..

and during the game..

As my daughetr says.." If band were anymore easier, it would be football"

SOUTH PITTSBURG HIGH PIRATES

PRIDE OF THE VALLEY MARCHING BAND

and for future knowledge... the band doesnt represent just the football team...they represent the school and the basketball teams....and they also have their own competitions and state championships... they play the whole school year.. so to say they only represent football and their wouldnt be a band if football wasnt their is a misconception... band was around long before football.... and as an ex football player myself... there was nothing better than hearing that band while coming out of the locker room and getting us pumped up before a game..

and during the game..

Band was put into the schools to represent Football. Know your history there chief. Getting pumped up coming out of locker room is rediculous. You are an idiot. And as for what your daughter said she is probably convinced it is a sport. B/c of respect for you daughter I will not tell you the best thing about band. What a freakin joke.

and during the game..

You are exactly right!!!! :o

Band was put into the schools to represent Football. Know your history there chief. Getting pumped up coming out of locker room is rediculous. You are an idiot. And as for what your daughter said she is probably convinced it is a sport. B/c of respect for you daughter I will not tell you the best thing about band. What a freakin joke.

You are exactly right!!!! :o

Alright folks here is a fair checklists comparing the 2.

Heat

Band in shorts/shirts football in Helmets/Pads check to football. Movement Band=walking and jogging Football=Full speed sprints and cuts. Check football. Physical Activity Band is beating/blowing Football is collision/collision/collision check to football. Injury Band is sprained ankle/chapped lips/sore jaws Football is ACL/concussion/broken bones/etc. Check to football Time Both deserve checks on this topic.

Edited by cowboys

band put into schools to support the football team. if that was the real reason then its a shame. but Lord know that we are there for ourselves now. yeah we support the boys on the field but really friday nights are just a warm-up for the competition the next day. also we dont stop playing after the beginnign of november when football is over. we go through the rest of the year working on stuff to please us not worrying about who hears us. its all about us during concert season. its called mid-state, all-state, clinics, festivals, and oh yeah the best band trips ever!

band put into schools to support the football team. if that was the real reason then its a shame. but Lord know that we are there for ourselves now. yeah we support the boys on the field but really friday nights are just a warm-up for the competition the next day. also we dont stop playing after the beginnign of november when football is over. we go through the rest of the year working on stuff to please us not worrying about who hears us. its all about us during concert season. its called mid-state, all-state, clinics, festivals, and oh yeah the best band trips ever!

hate to bust your little bubble but football does not stop after the season, an it does not stop over the summer ether.