Who is the band that u come to a football game to watch?

Bassfishing_205

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
What a ridiculous post! Nobody goes for the band.

However,

Smith County's is pretty good for a 2A school. They could give the 5A schools a run for their money.

:unsure: our school is 1a and we have a pretty good band and also make the playoffs regularly. we were put out by jo byrns in the game that would have sent us to the championship. our band usually put at least 100-125 fans in the seats and most go just the see the band. i like football and band myself. our motto is that the football team plays prior to and immediately following the bands performance. go collinwood high school marching trojans...

• 3 months later...

Football without band is like eating a moon pie without RC Cola.

Does an All-State band exist for each region, class, and state? It would be interesting to see All-State bands from each class play during half-time for each class championship game. It would make the championship game interesting to see the final two from each class with a champion crown during halftime. A pool of judges across the state could decide the outcome in the competition for the All-State Band.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad at least a few people realize where the best programs in the state are. D-B is no doubt one of the top. Programs such as Mcgavock, Cleveland, Ooltewah, and Fred J. Page should also be mentioned however. In response to the earlier question, I don't think D-B has competed in BOA recently. I'd like to see them enter BOA so we could see where they stack up agaisnt other programs from across the country. I'm sure they would fare very well there.

:roflol: our school is 1a and we have a pretty good band and also make the playoffs regularly. we were put out by jo byrns in the game that would have sent us to the championship. our band usually put at least 100-125 fans in the seats and most go just the see the band. i like football and band myself. our motto is that the football team plays prior to and immediately following the bands performance. go collinwood high school marching trojans...

Go Trojans

• 2 weeks later...

There are few single A bands that come to mind. Throughout the season most schools that I see do not even produce a halftime show. I follow Oneida and they do a good job especially considering that there has been so much turnover at the director's position. However, Harriman deserves mention as their band puts on a great show year in and year out. Hopefully, some of the smaller schools in the area will be able to strengthen their programs in the coming years.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...