Milan at Humboldt

bulldawgs#1

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

School administrator has been to house several timse to check and he has infact been at the place of residence which he is enrolled at MHS under.

just wondering i heard a little on the radio about the house still having phone service or something to that affect and then heard that his mother is still living in madison county u know anything on this

But you don't go on the air and report something as fact when in fact it hasn't been ruled on.....It's shoddy reporting at best and yes,if he is ruled eligible then everyone that has jumped the gun on this has some explaining to do.....Even if he is declared ineligible next week the simple fact of the matter is the T.$.$.A.A. hasn't made a ruling on this situation as of today.......I'm with bulldawgs#1,I don't see where the problem is in the first place....

I think they reacted to Murphy Fair saying that he's 100% sure. They said it was unofficial, so they left it open to be just a rumor.

I didn't know why the player was in question. Its just about a player moving from his previous school? Thats crazy.

Edited by montague1

just wondering i heard a little on the radio about the house still having phone service or something to that affect and then heard that his mother is still living in madison county u know anything on this

I knew this whole thing was over a phone line lol. But I mean the kid has been living in Milan. When his parents decided to transfer him his dad called the T$$AA several times and asked how he could go about this legally. Supposedly they weren't real helpful but he wen't about it the right way and did everything they told him to do.

Like I said I'd place odds this is usj. The kid trasferred from there and came to Milan. After their little experience over here in Milan a couple of weeks ago and Mr. Alreds letter to headmaster so and so along with a lot of people not to happy about the way they played....attempt at revenge???

Edited by bulldawgs#1

I knew this whole thing was over a phone line lol. But I mean the kid has been living in Milan. When his parents decided to transfer him his dad called the T$$AA several times and asked how he could go about this legally. Supposedly they weren't real helpful but he wen't about it the right way and did everything they told him to do.

lol that figures another tssaa mishap

I heard this on the radio last night after I was leaving Paul Ward Stadium. Crazy is about the only word I can think of to describe it (well there is another one, but im not going to use it here :rolleyes: ). Even if TSSAA does rule he was ineligible, I really don't see how this is going to hurt Milan much at all, I mean the 2 region losses were over the 2 bottom teams! Milan is still going to hold tie breakers over pretty much everybody (thats a prediction from a die hard Huntingdon Mustang fan), and still has a good chance to be around the top of the region...

What ever they decide I wish yall boys the best of luck, and we'll see yall Friday night!

Rule states you must move 20 miles from the school previously attended. Player in question lives on the north side(outside the 20 mile circle) of Milan inside MSSD. Where's the problem?

And I was very dissapointed in 96.5, Bill Haney and Murphy Fair. 96.5 was told everyone they we're the first to break the news!!! To be honest they all sounded more or less excited to be reportin this.

I was in studio when Haney first called. I don't know if you were listening at the time it first was reported, but the fact that you claim we were excited is ridiculous and tells me you're thinking a little too much with your emotions here.

What we were was stunned, shocked, surprised, because of the potential magnitude of this story. It should also be noted that, until 9:30 at least, we said they were unconfirmed reports. On my way home, I heard Victor Parkins on 101.5 and immediately called back to 96.5 to let them know what Victor said about the reports not being true.

I also said don't start piling on Milan yet until we know what happened.

I heard this on the radio last night after I was leaving Paul Ward Stadium. Crazy is about the only word I can think of to describe it (well there is another one, but im not going to use it here :rolleyes: ). Even if TSSAA does rule he was ineligible, I really don't see how this is going to hurt Milan much at all, I mean the 2 region losses were over the 2 bottom teams! Milan is still going to hold tie breakers over pretty much everybody (thats a prediction from a die hard Huntingdon Mustang fan), and still has a good chance to be around the top of the region...

What ever they decide I wish yall boys the best of luck, and we'll see yall Friday night!

very classy post super i wish the mustangs the best of luck the rest of the season except for next weeek maybe we can play in the quters again if yall get everything clicking

Rule states you must move 20 miles from the school previously attended. Player in question lives on the north side(outside the 20 mile circle) of Milan inside MSSD. Where's the problem?

And I was very dissapointed in 96.5, Bill Haney and Murphy Fair. 96.5 was told everyone they we're the first to break the news!!! To be honest they all sounded more or less excited to be reportin this.

Let me address a few things in this thread. I was with John on the air on 96.5 around 9 PM when we got the call from Bill Haney. Bill came on and dropped the news on us, sourcing his news from Murphy Fair. Had this been a call from a casual fan, I would have dismissed it immediately. However, when you have men of Bill and Murphy's stature, you have to treat it as news. Both of those men are responsible individuals who have contributed a portion of their lives covering Milan football (in Bill's case) and all of Tennessee football (in Murphy's case). When those two speak about high school football, you have to listen. In that situation, we can't casually dismiss what they say.

If you listen to our shows regularly, you know that the overall tone of both the 5-7 and 7-9:30 shows on 96.5 are positive shows, and that we don't tolerate name calling or criticism of coaches or programs.

To say that we were excited to report that Milan was 0-5 is incorrect. If the broadcast had been televised, you would have seen that the look on our faces was not excitement. It was stunned disbelief. As a part of two of the four shows on 96.5 on Fridays, I can assure all of you that we try as hard as possible to be impartial to all West Tennessee teams.

We were trying to process this news live on the air, note the sources of the news, and discuss the potential impact on Region 7-2A. We also noted near our 9:30 sign off that these types of issues are usually self-reported, that Coach Morris runs a class program, and that Milan had the right opponents left on their schedule to still make a run at the Region title if the news is true. We also pointed out that people shouldn’t be taking shots at Milan because most of these issues are not intentional but are oversights that nobody caught until it was too late.

If you continued to listen, you heard Murphy Fair go on the air on the show following ours around 10 and explain what he knew and how he knew it. A man of his reputation is not going to be throwing false accusations around on the air, and knowing that about him, we had to go with his news when it was presented to us around 9.

And as John noted above we also said to wait and see exactly what the specifics are when the details are released.