Cosby @ Unaka in Mtn East Conf Action

HighSchoolFanatic

Can 3-2 Unaka bounce back after back-2-back shutouts? Part 1 for 6-0 Cosby has already taking place, as they defeated 1 team from Carter County on the road. Is an upset if sum ppl call it an upset in the making? Despite the distance between the schools, I expect a good hostile environment "Up and Down the Creek." Unaka will want a lot of revenge from last yr and Cosby wants 2 host Hampton next week ranked higher.

Edited by HighSchoolFanatic

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can 3-2 Unaka bounce back after back-2-back shutouts? Part 1 for 6-0 Cosby has already taking place, as they defeated 1 team from Carter County on the road. Is an upset if sum ppl call it an upset in the making? Despite the distance between the schools, I expect a good hostile environment "Up and Down the Creek." Unaka will want a lot of revenge from last yr and Cosby wants 2 host Hampton next week ranked higher.

This one will be alot closer than some might think. Unaka has to get over the Hampton game. I think they have the right coach to get them back where they need to be. Cosby better come ready to battle 4 quarters. Its pretty rare when I go to see a game other than, Cloudland or Hampton, I'll be there for this one. Its going to be a good one. Highschool football,priceles

This one will be alot closer than some might think. Unaka has to get over the Hampton game. I think they have the right coach to get them back where they need to be. Cosby better come ready to battle 4 quarters. Its pretty rare when I go to see a game other than, Cloudland or Hampton, I'll be there for this one. Its going to be a good one. Highschool football,priceles

NE TN High School Football, Priceless.

Homecoming crap i dont think i can handle another one LOL!!! as for the ranking i dont like it i would much rather be the underdog its alot easier to motivete that way. Unaka will be a challege for sure. much inmprove and ensor is doing a good job. holding hampton to 20 1st half piont tells me that they are playing very well. see you all friday.

shelton

Homecoming crap i dont think i can handle another one LOL!!! as for the ranking i dont like it i would much rather be the underdog its alot easier to motivete that way. Unaka will be a challege for sure. much inmprove and ensor is doing a good job. holding hampton to 20 1st half piont tells me that they are playing very well. see you all friday.

shelton

A coach two years ago said he felt like he had to tote the homecoming float everywhere for about 2 months..

I think the Cosby admin want another homecoming for the huge crowd that'll be there for Hampton..

Coach Shelton, ur a great coach, im not lyin. But the best decision u made was 2 get rid of tha idiot of announcer Cosby. Now I know Unaka's announcer isnt real professional, but I can say tha cuz he's my kinfolk. He just dont say bad things bout things bout the opponents. Otha than tha u guys are 1st class. Expect a big crowd on good ol Stoney Creek. Good Luck.

Edited by HighSchoolFanatic

I think the kids are prolly fine from the Hampton game, the frustration there wasnt from coming away with a "L", but the way it transpired, alot of people thought that the game plan didnt allow us a chance to be competitive ..

its just hard to get a handle on our team right now, we dont have any kind of identity or consistincy.. for example through our first 4 games, we started 3 different running backs (and not because of injury, but coaches decision) our 5th game we didnt even use a running back.. we dont appear to be getting better as the season progresses .. so far we beat 3 teams we should have beaten and looked bad to 2 teams when we were the underdog .. here comes another game where we are the underdog..

the coaches dont seem to make adjustments well, after hampton realized we would never run it, they were either blitzing or dropping 8 to cover.. we kept doing the same thing anyway.. the cosby game should be a good game matchup wise, if we can scheme right for them .. im sure they will be well prepared for anything we try tho..

well, i just hope nobody on either team gets hurt . i know it will be a hard hitting and most of all CLEAN and FUN game. not like the one we had against cd but that is another story. hope it stays dry as well. have a good week and god bless. :lol:

Unaka beat CD 39-6 and Cosby beat CD 41-13 and still had there starters in! Unaka has the better defence in this game and all you have to do is stop the Lowe twins and that is a big all! Unaka will have to run between the tackles and stop the passing atack of Cosby. Go get-em Unaka, you have Cloudland and Hampton pulling for you!

Unaka beat CD 39-6 and Cosby beat CD 41-13 and still had there starters in! Unaka has the better defence in this game and all you have to do is stop the Lowe twins and that is a big all! Unaka will have to run between the tackles and stop the passing atack of Cosby. Go get-em Unaka, you have Cloudland and Hampton pulling for you!

Cosby pulled all of their offensive starters with about 7-9 minutes left in the game and most od the defensive starters shortly there after. Second team scored once on the doaksters STARTERS and could have been twice had they wanted too.

I actully look for a defensive struggle Friday night... I don't think it will be as low scoreing as last year, but I don't think there will be alot of points put up... But this is, BY FAR, the best deffense Cosby has seen so far...

but our offense hasnt helped us out one bit lately.. our defense cant play on a short field all night long..