Cosby @ Unaka in Mtn East Conf Action

HighSchoolFanatic

I'm really not trying to be a smart ace, but shouldn't Cloudland and Hampton be at their ballgames? :D

If Hampton was going to be in a real game, I would be there. But, I think Unaka will be in a real game and I like to watch real football. Cloudland is playing an unknown. I have seen Unaka and Cosby and Unaka is much more disclipline.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Hampton was going to be in a real game, I would be there. But, I think Unaka will be in a real game and I like to watch real football. Cloudland is playing an unknown. I have seen Unaka and Cosby and Unaka is much more disclipline.

Yeah, Hampton is playing all the way down in Knoxville... Where is Grace playing their home games? I know last year when we went down there and played it was at CAK... Real nice facility... And I honestly think Cloudland is gonna get drilled... And I'd imagine with Donald Ensor as the coach, they are one of the most disaplined teams around.

Old24 says different getbehindtheline which is it or what is your second half the 2nd qt or the 4th qt and I bet you all had the second string or 3rd string against West Greene in the 1st qt but wasn't West Greene ahead of Cosby in the 3rd qt? Or was it the second half. I dont really care Cosby has already kicked our butts so I am pulling for Unaka and Hampton let me give you some more facts or lies which ever you choose. Oakdale 0-5, Cloudland 2-3 , CD 0-5, West Greene 0-5, Jellico 1-4, North Greene 2-3 you do the math!

First off backyard, make sure that you read the post before you reply. That was a reply to someone who said that Unaka had a better defense than Cosby, and I replied that if Unaka has the better defense than they must be outstanding since Cosby has only averaged giving up seven points per game. I don't care who you play, that is a strong defense over six games. Nothing was said about having the best D in the state. That would be a little far fetched. Also, when oldeagle24 said that our youngsters were in with seven to nine minutes to go, he ment the "whole second and thrid strings". What I meant was that we had many of our younger players in during the thrid quarter.

Unaka MAY be the best team Cosby has played so far this year. (I still think Cloudland may prove to be better.) I will say this Unaka will have the best D-fence Cosby has faced so far. If Cosby plays their BEST game they should take this one , and for all the Unaka fans who were at Cosby last week to see what your in for that wasn't Cosby's BEST. Cosby threw the ball well but nowhere near what they have been and the run game was just mediocre for us friday. If Unakas D-fence Is as good as I think it is and not as bad as the Hampton score made it look this could be a close game. Cosby's D is only giving up a hair over 7 points per game thats allowing points on their second teamers or it would be lower. You can say they haven't played anybody all you want that is still impressive. Unaka has only played 2 teams better than anyone cosby has played and they lost both of those games big so remember that Carter Countians before you start using that you don't play anyone crap.

Unaka MAY be the best team Cosby has played so far this year. (I still think Cloudland may prove to be better.) I will say this Unaka will have the best D-fence Cosby has faced so far. If Cosby plays their BEST game they should take this one , and for all the Unaka fans who were at Cosby last week to see what your in for that wasn't Cosby's BEST. Cosby threw the ball well but nowhere near what they have been and the run game was just mediocre for us friday. If Unakas D-fence Is as good as I think it is and not as bad as the Hampton score made it look this could be a close game. Cosby's D is only giving up a hair over 7 points per game thats allowing points on their second teamers or it would be lower. You can say they haven't played anybody all you want that is still impressive. Unaka has only played 2 teams better than anyone cosby has played and they lost both of those games big so remember that Carter Countians before you start using that you don't play anyone crap.

I pretty much agree here, I think UHS is probably the best you've seen so far, and if both teams come out and play their best, it should be good game.. I think your right that our defence is a bit better than the Hampton score made it look, so it should be close one way or the other.. 7 per contest is pretty good regardless of who you play, just because all it takes is one breakdown to give up a score on any friday night, so that tells me cosby hasnt had many breakdowns defensively..

I think what everyone is trying to say is that Cosby's D isnt proven itself against a quality opponent yet. Cosby fans should know how good the Ranger Defence is after last year(only difference is more experience). Should be a great game. Good luck to both teams.

I understand what your saying, but again I have to say that after six games, if you are only giving up an average of seven points per game that is a statistic that opposing teams need to focus on "NO MATTER WHO YOU HAVE PLAYED". I agree that this game should be a good one.

This game is extremely hard to figure out. On paper ,it don't seem like much a game. Unaka has played the better comp, but they got destroyed. Cosby has played weak teams, but the games haven't been close. I still say this one will be close. The team that can score 3 tds will win. Looks like a low scoreing game,with field position, penalties and turnovers being the key. I wouldn't want to bet alot of money either way.

I pretty much agree here, I think UHS is probably the best you've seen so far, and if both teams come out and play their best, it should be good game.. I think your right that our defence is a bit better than the Hampton score made it look, so it should be close one way or the other.. 7 per contest is pretty good regardless of who you play, just because all it takes is one breakdown to give up a score on any friday night, so that tells me cosby hasnt had many breakdowns defensively..

unakafan07, you sound like a pretty smart individual. I agree totally.

This game is extremely hard to figure out. On paper ,it don't seem like much a game. Unaka has played the better comp, but they got destroyed. Cosby has played weak teams, but the games haven't been close. I still say this one will be close. The team that can score 3 tds will win. Looks like a low scoreing game,with field position, penalties and turnovers being the key. I wouldn't want to bet alot of money either way.

Personally, I have seen every Cosby game and I saw alot of promise in Cloudland, Oakdale, and believe it or not West Green. I was very impressed with their desire to win. I think that with the right off-season work habits, all three of these teams could be winning programs.