Oak Ridge Wildcats go to McMinn Co

OakRidgeCat

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McMinn is a very good football team. They have the best running back in the region in Trace McDermett and they also have a pretty good QB. Their QB has some wheels. They are running out of the I formation this year. Their bread and butter are sweeeps and powers. McMinn's problem this year is turnovers. If they don't turn the ball over McMinn will give Oak Ridge a run for their money. McMinn outgained Farragut 2 weeks ago by about 150 yards and lost because of 5-6 turnovers. Anyways Oak Ridge better bring their A-game!

Stop McDermott and you stop their offense.

Not so fast my friend from Bradley.....Obviously you did not see this past Friday nights game againist a decent Rhea Co. team....McMinn took the handcuffs off of the QB and let him utilize his athletic ability to make some plays and our FB was very effective. As usual Trace had a good game rushing for over 200 yards. I still think that our pass protection is not quite as good as it needs to be. Anytime you play OR it is a tremendous challenge becuase of their tradition and number of quality football players that they are able to put on the field. Our football team is looking forward to that challenge and it should be a competitive game with the team making the least mistakes winning this one. GO TRIBE!!!

STOP McDermott and you'll stop McMinn McDermott had almost 40 carries against Rhea Co friday the Rhea defense just let him get going and didnt stop him in the backfeild the Rhea-McMinn game was closer than the score shows.

McDermott is a very good bad he is fast, strong, and has some great moves he run over 2 of Rhea County's linebackers that i had never seen get plowed over by someone less than 250+ lbs.

We've had trouble stopping a good back between the tackles. Should be a good ball game. What is the McMinn defense like. And how do you have a record 2-3 with a back like McDermott? Too many turns?

Well lets see againist Ooltewah I believe we had 3 turnovers and lost 24-14, againist Cleveland we had 4 and lost 24-14 and @ Farragut we had 5 and lost 35-18. After the Farragut game we were -7 in turnovers. We have a good team with alot of good athletes but have made way to many mistakes againist good football teams like Ooltewah and Farragut and there you have the 2-3 record.

Our defense is quick but have been without our starting middle linebacker for the past two games because of a torn hammey.