Oak Ridge Wildcats go to McMinn Co

OakRidgeCat

Coon, once again I hope you're right. We will have to play well to win. McMinn is just the second quality team we've played. Not bashing Clinton, but this is a step up from the quality of our four victories. (Clinton, Bradley, Heritage, Jeff Co.) I think these teams have won about five games between them. DB was a test we flunked and we have improved, but McMinn is real good test to see where we are at. I think it will be a close game and I'm hoping we can win it.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kat, I agree with you. We are getting better every week since the DB fallout, but we have a long way to go. Another thing that bothers me is the fact that after the first rotation comes out, there is a BIG fallout in talent/experience. We either choke or give up alot of points.

Let's hope the defensive backs figure out to play the ball instead of the player after the catch and to challenge the receivers and jam them at the line of scrimmage. This WILL be a test for the young and fast 'Cats, but I think the fast defense and progressive offense will be too much for the 'Kees.

Time to roll up the sleeves and take another test to see where we are.

I think our defense will give up points as well as having to make big plays in the kicking game. The offense will sputter, but too much speed will prevail.

I'll make another prediction this week:

OR:38

MC:17

Oak Ridge wins this one with ease, and cuts off the string of hope McMinn is hanging by in the playoff race. Anyone want to comment on how this excellent McMinn squad is marching into the playoffs now, or do you prefer to wait until after the Oak Ridge beating? No disrespect toward McMinn, but, we hear this EVERY year and so far....... it's the same ol' same ol'.

Edited by TG24

Baller,

yes DB is very good. They dominated OR that night in all areas. But OR fell apart also. OR is very young and they were overwhelmed by the magnitude of that stage. We fumbled and stumbled around, gave DB short field time and again. But, yes, they are really really good. Also, OR is 4-1 but tonite is a good test. Look at who we've beaten. Clinton, Bradley, Heritage, and Jeff. Co. I think they are about 4-16 combined.

I think Oak Ridge showed a lot of improvement last week. It was the first week they looked like they might be rounding the corner. Some peeps couldn't believe some OR fans, including me weren't thrilled about beating Bradley Co. It was lopsided but OR looked terrible. Last week they won and the score was lopsided again but I think OR looked so much better. I am a little concerned about Mcminn. Last year they were getting beat 21-0 just a few mins in the first quarter. They rallied back and OR was fortunate to finally break them. If that happens tonight how will the young cats respond?

OR 28

MC 17