Oak Ridge Wildcats go to McMinn Co

OakRidgeCat

i doubt that.

Central lost to Bearden and Farragut beat Bearden and Farragut played like crap vs. Central and Powell(who also had a brand new offense that no one had seen).

so get over yourself. when or should i say if maryville moves up then u can talk.

Maryville is too happy winning in 4A to move up to 5A otherwise they wouldve already been in 5A.

i guess i cant blame u though. thats all maryville has is football. they barely compete in everything else.

Edited by ihavenofriendzz

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i doubt that.

Central lost to Bearden and Farragut beat Bearden and Farragut played like crap vs. Central and Powell(who also had a brand new offense that no one had seen).

so get over yourself. when or should i say if maryville moves up then u can talk.

Maryville is too happy winning in 4A to move up to 5A otherwise they wouldve already been in 5A.

i guess i cant blame u though. thats all maryville has is football. they barely compete in everything else.

dont get this 4A and 5A crap started again (im sick of hearing about that) im a fan of 5A football and always have been but maryville is undoubtedly the BEST FOOTBALL TEAM IN THE STATE all classifications included

Coming from an Owl fan, I have to agree. They look awesome. I do think they would have some closer games in 5a do you agree? I am not stupid enough to say they would not still win out but it seems that the competition would be a little tougher? Agree?That Maryville program hits on all cylinders. I hope and I am sure they will be state champions again.

dont get this 4A and 5A crap started again (im sick of hearing about that) im a fan of 5A football and always have been but maryville is undoubtedly the BEST FOOTBALL TEAM IN THE STATE all classifications included

You may be right but...

Maryville 38 - Clinton 12

Oakridge 35 - Clinton 9

Maryville 48 - Heritage 6

Oakridge 37 - Heritage 0

Oakridge 10 - Dobyns Bennett 33

Maryville ? - Dobyns Bennett ?

Just the facts. The implications are obvious and I don't think what you suggest is a given. But it really means nothing.

I would love to see DB and Maryville play each other, some how, some way, this year. But they just don't want to take on the likes of Oakridge or DB do they? Perhaps they can put their schedule where their mouth is next year and schedule a regular season game with one of us.

Edited by DBGRAD70

You may be right but...

Maryville 38 - Clinton 12

Oakridge 35 - Clinton 9

Maryville 48 - Heritage 6

Oakridge 37 - Heritage 0

Oakridge 10 - Dobyns Bennett 33

Maryville ? - Dobyns Bennett ?

Just the facts. The implications are obvious and I don't think what you suggest is a given. But it really means nothing.

I would love to see DB and Maryville play each other, some how, some way, this year. But they just don't want to take on the likes of Oakridge or DB do they? Perhaps they can put their schedule where their mouth is next year and schedule a regular season game with one of us.

DB and Maryville scrimmaged before the season started. Wasn't a blowout but Maryville was better. I would like to see them play now though.

Congrads to McMinn. What a great ball game. Can't take any thing away from that group of kids Oak ridge fan or not. Oak Ridge is gonna have to get scrappy to make the playoffs. Any time you loose a game your supposed to win it makes thing tough. I have waited to post because It would be easy to fly off the handle.

This year is very unfortunate for the seniors. I am a Oak Ridge fan all the way. I try to be realistic. This senior class just isn't what last years senior class was. Not in numbers or talent. There just isn't as many play makers. You gotta realize these juniors have not had to carry the load until this year. To me its just like watching any one that is really good at something their talent makes what they do look easy. For the past two years the former junior and senior class has had the talent to make this senior class as sophs and juniors basically spectators on Friday nights. This years Oak Ridge team is basically mentally a JV team playing Varsity. The mental mistakes ect. are very JV like. I don't think it is right to be arrogant and say OR is gonna win just because they are OR.

I absolutely think it humble to say the way things are at OR this year is just a temporary thing. A natural cycle in High School Sports. The kids that have been playing JV the past several years are playing Varsity this year for the first time as seniors they are learning the hard way just having an OR on your helmet doesn't mean you are gonna win against teams OR is traditionally supposed to beat. I think a very valuable lesson that will manifest itself in a return to prominence in the next two years is being ingrained in the Juniors and sophs minds. I know it is thought but rarely said a lot of people in OR didn't like Stevens getting the job. Those people are opportunist that are taking advantage of a year that isn't going very good for a lot of reasons to throw Stevens the QB and others under the bus. That's not fair to the players or the coaches. Is it Stevens fault they haven't progressed as he had hoped. I don't think so, what was he supposed to do throw in the towel after the DB game. If memory serves me correct didn't Sevier Co. win the state a few years ago. Every once in a while a group of kids come along and elevate a traditionally mediocre program and vice verse.

Friday was McMinns night to shine. I am a fan of all the kids that work hard and make a commitment to do what they do for nothing more than a love for the game in general. Can we second guess the decision to go for the win Friday sure. Nothing wrong with that. I don't know how many people heard what Stevens said to David Clary after the game. He said if he had that situation to do a hundred times he would do the same thing. I respect that. In my humble opinion I thought he should have went for the win at the end of regulation and in OT I would have ran it instead of trying a pass when the QB was 13 of 21 on the night. But really who is to say. There are many different ways to look at that situation. If it had worked Stevens is a hero right now. The people that didn't like going for two I suppose reasoned that the defense was in a better position to stop McMinn and win the game in the second overtime. The D has been carrying the offense all year. Nothing wrong with that either.

I don't know if OR will make the playoffs this year. I posted early in the season they could go 6-4 if they do I don't think it is because the players and coaches wanted it that way and they haven't laid down and just let it happen. Ya'lls opinions are as valid as mine. I could be wrong but you could be too. The time the juniors and sophs are getting to play to me is just like money inn the bank. If that experience is what it takes to make OR a force to be reckoned with in the upcoming years (and I think it is)

as unfortunate as it is for this class of seniors it will have been worth it. stink it up stop playing the blame game and do the right thing go to the games support the kids cheer when they do well try to pick them up when they fall short and have the confidence in the program that the sun will shine on the mighty wildcats again sooner rather than later.

Just one last thing The Owls better enjoy it while they can they will be embarrassed by OR in the upcoming seasons and Maryville FANS better hope they don't schedule DB or OR cause a good old fashion butt whoopin would probably make most of those arrogant fans jump off a bridge. Why don't they move up to 5A well I don't think that is too hard to figure out.

Congrads to McMinn. What a great ball game. Can't take any thing away from that group of kids Oak ridge fan or not. Oak Ridge is gonna have to get scrappy to make the playoffs. Any time you loose a game your supposed to win it makes thing tough. I have waited to post because It would be easy to fly off the handle.

This year is very unfortunate for the seniors. I am a Oak Ridge fan all the way. I try to be realistic. This senior class just isn't what last years senior class was. Not in numbers or talent. There just isn't as many play makers. You gotta realize these juniors have not had to carry the load until this year. To me its just like watching any one that is really good at something their talent makes what they do look easy. For the past two years the former junior and senior class has had the talent to make this senior class as sophs and juniors basically spectators on Friday nights. This years Oak Ridge team is basically mentally a JV team playing Varsity. The mental mistakes ect. are very JV like. I don't think it is right to be arrogant and say OR is gonna win just because they are OR.

I absolutely think it humble to say the way things are at OR this year is just a temporary thing. A natural cycle in High School Sports. The kids that have been playing JV the past several years are playing Varsity this year for the first time as seniors they are learning the hard way just having an OR on your helmet doesn't mean you are gonna win against teams OR is traditionally supposed to beat. I think a very valuable lesson that will manifest itself in a return to prominence in the next two years is being ingrained in the Juniors and sophs minds. I know it is thought but rarely said a lot of people in OR didn't like Stevens getting the job. Those people are opportunist that are taking advantage of a year that isn't going very good for a lot of reasons to throw Stevens the QB and others under the bus. That's not fair to the players or the coaches. Is it Stevens fault they haven't progressed as he had hoped. I don't think so, what was he supposed to do throw in the towel after the DB game. If memory serves me correct didn't Sevier Co. win the state a few years ago. Every once in a while a group of kids come along and elevate a traditionally mediocre program and vice verse.

Friday was McMinns night to shine. I am a fan of all the kids that work hard and make a commitment to do what they do for nothing more than a love for the game in general. Can we second guess the decision to go for the win Friday sure. Nothing wrong with that. I don't know how many people heard what Stevens said to David Clary after the game. He said if he had that situation to do a hundred times he would do the same thing. I respect that. In my humble opinion I thought he should have went for the win at the end of regulation and in OT I would have ran it instead of trying a pass when the QB was 13 of 21 on the night. But really who is to say. There are many different ways to look at that situation. If it had worked Stevens is a hero right now. The people that didn't like going for two I suppose reasoned that the defense was in a better position to stop McMinn and win the game in the second overtime. The D has been carrying the offense all year. Nothing wrong with that either.

I don't know if OR will make the playoffs this year. I posted early in the season they could go 6-4 if they do I don't think it is because the players and coaches wanted it that way and they haven't laid down and just let it happen. Ya'lls opinions are as valid as mine. I could be wrong but you could be too. The time the juniors and sophs are getting to play to me is just like money inn the bank. If that experience is what it takes to make OR a force to be reckoned with in the upcoming years (and I think it is)

as unfortunate as it is for this class of seniors it will have been worth it. stink it up stop playing the blame game and do the right thing go to the games support the kids cheer when they do well try to pick them up when they fall short and have the confidence in the program that the sun will shine on the mighty wildcats again sooner rather than later.

Just one last thing The Owls better enjoy it while they can they will be embarrassed by OR in the upcoming seasons and Maryville FANS better hope they don't schedule DB or OR cause a good old fashion butt whoopin would probably make most of those arrogant fans jump off a bridge. Why don't they move up to 5A well I don't think that is too hard to figure out.

Wow , I was mostly just breezing through this long winded diatribe :justwrestle: , but Maryville caught my eye ... is the answer to your 5A QUESTION supposed to be , "Because WE'RE SOOO skeered OF DEM DAR bIG BOYS "! I guess when you're having trouble winning a " real " game ... it always boosts the confidence when you talk about how bad you would beat some one in an imaginary game . :lol: You may have to take up permanent residence in your " HAPPY PLACE " this year , for you to remain happy .