William Blount at Farragut

TG24

Hey loveshsfootball. I did not blame anyone except our team for losing the game. Nothing you say ever has merit because it is always the same old bull. You just want to agitate, and, unfortunately, I have been stunk in. You might love hs football, but you don't post as though you know anything about it!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My intention was not to agitate you etcoach. :lol: Calm down I have a feeling you guys might win this week, if you keep your cool. but then again, what do I know? :lol:

Hey loveshsfootball. I did not blame anyone except our team for losing the game. Nothing you say ever has merit because it is always the same old bull. You just want to agitate, and, unfortunately, I have been stunk in. You might love hs football, but you don't post as though you know anything about it!!!!!!!!!

My intention was not to agitate you etcoach. :D Calm down I have a feeling you guys might win this week, if you keep your cool. but then again, what do I know? :lol:

I am sorry. I just want many of you to realize that we do not (at least I do not) blame refs for losses (except Ooltewah). As a matter of fact, if it had not been for the refs, we would not even been in the Farragut game.

I've got a question for those of you who are more familiar with the rules.

WB got several calls in our last possession (pre-overtime) that Farragut accepted. The bottom line is that for 5 yards or so, we ate 5 seconds off the clock, plus the 25-second clock was reset. I wasn't sure that the clock was supposed to start after a penalty, but it did.

Two questions:

1) Wouldn't it be advantageous to get a few more minor penalties (holding during a run play, for example) so that the 25 second clock gets reset in order to chew up the clock.

2) I think there was too much time, but I don't recall Farragut sending anyone after Kase Whitehead on our last punt. If he had just run around toward the endzone and stood there until someone caught him and/or he downed it, it could have eaten quite a bit of time off the clock. Since Kase would then free-kick from the twenty with no rushing, I'd bet he could boot it about as far as he did. My thought is that the Farragut team (again, I don't think they rushed the kicker) would have been caught off-guard while he strolled to the endzone and dodged tacklers to chew up time.

Thanks for your input.

are you talkin about when WB got a false start the clock kept on rollin after they marked off the penalty? if so i was wondering the same thing. couldnt u just get a false start a bunch of times and run out the clock that way.

yes, false starts i believe i supposed to stop the clock, not positive on that tho, however defensive penalties like offsides do not stop the clock, because then the defense could just stop the clock by taking a 5 yard penalty in hopes of getting the ball back instead of using a time out

It is one of the craziest rules not only in high school, but in college and the NFL. If a team is smart enough when they are trying to burn the clock, they would wait until there was about 4 seconds on the play clock and have one of their lineman raise up and take a false start. After the 5 yards is marked off, they will reset the play clock and you can run another 25 seconds off. Had WB did this instead of taking the delay, they would have given the Admirals the ball with only 30 seconds left. WB, as a lot of teams do, took the delay of game penalty which does kill the clock. I do think, however, that if you try to do that a couple of times and the officials feel that you are doing it on purpose, they give you a delay and stop the clock. But I am confident that you could get away with it at least once. Me and my buddy have been talking about teams doing this for a couple of years, but we have never seen it done. Comments??