William Blount at Farragut

TG24

This game was eerily similar to Ooltewah except for one very important key. The penalties at Ooltewah were not legit. Last night, WB committed the penalties (foolish penalties I might add). You see, I can see the difference. We all know what happened at Ooltewah. Last night was a gift from WB to Farragut..but quite honestly, it was first a gift from Farragut to WB. Here is a great recap of one of the strangest games I have ever seen.

1st Half......Both teams get in scoring position twice, but neither teams are able to score.

3rd quarter..Farragut scores on its opening drive and makes it look easy. 7-0

WB is unable to move the ball and has to punt. Farragut gets inside the WB 20 and is called for holding followed by an offensive Pass int and backs them up out of field goal range They try one anyway catching WB offguard on 4th and 32 and down it at the 5 (remember the crazy high school rule). WB unable to move it again and is forced to punt.

4th quarter. Farragut gets down to the 9 and has it 2nd and 1. One more score here and it is over. Sterling scores but it is called back for holding. On the next play, Lawrence is flushed out and is called for intentional grounding all the way back to the 36. Farragut has to punt and it goes into the end zone. Wb takes over at the 20 and score on an 80 yd RB pass to tie the score.

Farragut returns the kickoff to the 15. On offense, they are called for a personal foul on the Farragut sideline and end up having to punt. WB takes over on the Farragut 40. They get 1 first down and makea 45 yd FG to take the lead 10-7.

Farragut unable to move on the next drive and is forced to punt. WB gets it on their own 40 and gets a 1st down to get the clock under 3:00. They get another 1st down to seal the win (Farragut now out of TO's) but it is called back for holding. Wb has to punt and Farragut starts on their own 21 with 56 seconds and no TO's trailing by 3.

1st Down...12 yd completion for a 1st down.

1st Down...Incompletion

2nd Down..Icompletion

3rd Down (35 seconds left)...QB Lawrence forced out and throws it up for grabs.

It falls incomplete but WB called for roughing the passer.

1st Down (F 49yd line 24 seconds left)...Incomplete

2nd Down.....Incomplete down the right sideline but WB is whistled for Pass Int.

1st Down (WB 36 yd line 9 seconds left) Pass over the middle is too high and WB

intercepts as time runs out. WB whistled for Pass Int.

1st Down....(0 sec left) Farragut kicks 37 yd FG to tie the score.

Overtime

Farragut gets the ball 1st and scores with ease on the 2nd play. XP is good 17-10

WB 1st Down...Walker for 1 yd

2nd Down....Pass Incomplete...Dead ball Unsportsmanlike on WB

3rd Down (from the 24) Pass Incomplete

4th Down (from the 24)...Farragut lets Baskin run right down the seam and he

catches the pass with ease for a TD (absolutely inexcuseable by Farr)

On the PAT, Farragut is off sides which of course is dead ball in High school. Wb goes ahead and kicks it and it was blocked. I say this because I think this got in PK's head a bit. Ball is moved to the 1 where I think WB might go for it if they had a TO left because they are having difficulty stopping Farragut. They decide to kick and he flat out missed it to the right. Final 17-16 Farragut as WB drops their 2nd region game...both inwhich they led by 3 with under a minute left and their opponent's pinned in their own territory. Both games WB was flagged all the way down the field and they end up losing. As I mentioned..the Ooltewah game was a shaft job. The Farragut game was poor, inexcuseable plays by the WB defense.

I, unlike some of you clowns on here, know the difference between good calls and bad. Not all calls against my team are bad. Last night was an example. And I will guarantee Meadows will not be whining either..he knows the difference also.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My point exactly. How about blaming the lack of poise? Every week it is the same ole thing. The refs..the opposing fans...I just hope Coach Meadows keeps his mouth shut on this one. This makes that whole newspaper article lose so much credibility. I wonder what the fireside chat will sound like this week? Hope WBCheermom was at the game :D Good win Ads.

Loves HS Football, why don't you quit classifying a whole program by a couple of people. Who has complained about the loss at Farragut? Who has whined about the officials? All you try to do is instigate junk by being silly!

thanks for clearing things up for all of us :D The same situation..almost the same penalties...the Ooltewah penalties were MADE UP?? and these were legit?? Of course they were legit. They were legit last time. The unsportsman like and all those penalties were unusually committed by the Govs? The Proof is in the pudding and the pudding doesn't taste well for you .Give us all a break ETCOACH. Nothing you can type or say has merit now. Blame the lack of poise not the refs. Read what you wrote. Does it really make sense? ANOTHER one of the strangest games?? Nothing strange about losing your composure and getting enough penalties to put the opposing team back in the game. I know..I know..heard it many times..like I predicted penalties would cost the Govs on this one.

This game was eerily similar to Ooltewah except for one very important key. The penalties at Ooltewah were not legit. Last night, WB committed the penalties (foolish penalties I might add). You see, I can see the difference. We all know what happened at Ooltewah. Last night was a gift from WB to Farragut..but quite honestly, it was first a gift from Farragut to WB. Here is a great recap of one of the strangest games I have ever seen.

1st Half......Both teams get in scoring position twice, but neither teams are able to score.

WB is unable to move the ball and has to punt. Farragut gets inside the WB 20 and is called for holding followed by an offensive Pass int and backs them up out of field goal range They try one anyway catching WB offguard on 4th and 32 and down it at the 5 (remember the crazy high school rule). WB unable to move it again and is forced to punt.

4th quarter. Farragut gets down to the 9 and has it 2nd and 1. One more score here and it is over. Sterling scores but it is called back for holding. On the next play, Lawrence is flushed out and is called for intentional grounding all the way back to the 36. Farragut has to punt and it goes into the end zone. Wb takes over at the 20 and score on an 80 yd RB pass to tie the score.

Farragut returns the kickoff to the 15. On offense, they are called for a personal foul on the Farragut sideline and end up having to punt. WB takes over on the Farragut 40. They get 1 first down and makea 45 yd FG to take the lead 10-7.

Farragut unable to move on the next drive and is forced to punt. WB gets it on their own 40 and gets a 1st down to get the clock under 3:00. They get another 1st down to seal the win (Farragut now out of TO's) but it is called back for holding. Wb has to punt and Farragut starts on their own 21 with 56 seconds and no TO's trailing by 3.

1st Down...Incompletion

2nd Down..Icompletion

2nd Down.....Incomplete down the right sideline but WB is whistled for Pass Int.

Overtime

Farragut gets the ball 1st and scores with ease on the 2nd play. XP is good 17-10

On the PAT, Farragut is off sides which of course is dead ball in High school. Wb goes ahead and kicks it and it was blocked. I say this because I think this got in PK's head a bit. Ball is moved to the 1 where I think WB might go for it if they had a TO left because they are having difficulty stopping Farragut. They decide to kick and he flat out missed it to the right. Final 17-16 Farragut as WB drops their 2nd region game...both inwhich they led by 3 with under a minute left and their opponent's pinned in their own territory. Both games WB was flagged all the way down the field and they end up losing. As I mentioned..the Ooltewah game was a shaft job. The Farragut game was poor, inexcuseable plays by the WB defense.

I, unlike some of you clowns on here, know the difference between good calls and bad. Not all calls against my team are bad. Last night was an example. And I will guarantee Meadows will not be whining either..he knows the difference also.

don't think I'd be whining again either :D

1st Down...Incompletion

2nd Down..Icompletion

Overtime

Excellent synopsis of the game etcoach. You are ever the professional.

I also do not think you will hear anyone associated with the program complaining about the officiating. Govs were just not able to close the deal again. The late hit on the quarterback was a loss of concentration. The 2 interference calls against WB were as a result of kids trying to make plays. Hard to fault effort, but have to do so without the penalty. 45 yards in penalities on the last drive, including a penalty to give them the opportunity for the game tying field goal. We have to learn to close the deal.

The Govs were dead on the scene until the 9:00 minute mark left in the game, and then lightning struck on the 80 yard completion from Garner to Clevenger, and then they had new life the remainder of the game.

Sorry to disappoint you but there will be no fireside chat this week (I know how much you look forward to those), but we were able to complete the broadcast at the game last night. We will try to get it back on for you next week.

thye beat em tonight but I think WB is starting a pattern if they lose then the officials called way to many penalties. Hmm Just get to the point whee officials can't steal it from you... You still get to play OR ritht?

Hey Denlron and lovesfootball .... you might try try reading the posts on here from WB folks before you chastise us much more. You two have a nice little conversation going on with "zero basis."

One Farragut fan said "penalties killed both teams" and one WB supporter noted that the Gov's "lost their poise." NO ONE "blamed" the referees for this game ... so the "starting a pattern" statement might be a little unfounded.

It's as simple as reading the posts, guys.

No windows broken out, no tires slashed, no one maimed, injured, --or killed (as at least one Maryville supporter has stated he fears might happen eventually at WB). We lost a heartbreaker on a "wide right" extra point in a very exciting game between two fine schools.

I've been involved with WB athletics from the start of the school (79-80). Like any other school--EVERY OTHER SCHOOL--we have our share of people who sometime do not behave with a lot of class and sportsmanship. But we have several more people who support the program, don't run their mouths, don't belittle players from other teams, don't judge other programs on the basis of a few random acts. I have my 3 kids in the school that I graduated from and that I support and that they are zoned for and I'M PROUD OF IT.

Congratulations Farragut on a good game. You "stepped up" and won the game. Good luck the rest of the way. I hope to see our whole region do well when it comes play-off time.

Hey Govman..I vote for you to do the fireside chats from now on. You are a first class guy. I mean that.

Hey Denlron and lovesfootball .... you might try try reading the posts on here from WB folks before you chastise us much more. You two have a nice little conversation going on with "zero basis."

One Farragut fan said "penalties killed both teams" and one WB supporter noted that the Gov's "lost their poise." NO ONE "blamed" the referees for this game ... so the "starting a pattern" statement might be a little unfounded.

It's as simple as reading the posts, guys.

No windows broken out, no tires slashed, no one maimed, injured, --or killed (as at least one Maryville supporter has stated he fears might happen eventually at WB). We lost a heartbreaker on a "wide right" extra point in a very exciting game between two fine schools.

I've been involved with WB athletics from the start of the school (79-80). Like any other school--EVERY OTHER SCHOOL--we have our share of people who sometime do not behave with a lot of class and sportsmanship. But we have several more people who support the program, don't run their mouths, don't belittle players from other teams, don't judge other programs on the basis of a few random acts. I have my 3 kids in the school that I graduated from and that I support and that they are zoned for and I'M PROUD OF IT.

Congratulations Farragut on a good game. You "stepped up" and won the game. Good luck the rest of the way. I hope to see our whole region do well when it comes play-off time.

govman you're 100% correct. we have our share of people at farragut too. but about the game, i'm excited for our win but i hate to see any team lose like WB did. they just lost their focus. on the final pass play of regulation, the Gov LB just unloaded on sterling while the ball was still 10 yards in front of him. i dont know why you do that other than a lack of focus. i hope this will ignite the admirals again and i hope the govs can recover to finish the season strong and make the playoffs. good luck next week against the cats.

Sounds like both teams had a chance to win this one. One point in overtime. Kudos to both the players and coaches on both sides for a hard fought game.

This is a testament to the fact that the five top teams in this regions are pretty even. This is going to be a very competitive final few weeks for the entire region.

It is very tough to lose close games, but WB does not have to hang their heads. I know they wanted to win these close ones, but they have a very talented team -- great defense and strong running game. They are definitely playing very well against some great competition.

Hope both teams have a strong finish.

govman you're 100% correct. we have our share of people at farragut too. but about the game, i'm excited for our win but i hate to see any team lose like WB did. they just lost their focus. on the final pass play of regulation, the Gov LB just unloaded on sterling while the ball was still 10 yards in front of him. i dont know why you do that other than a lack of focus. i hope this will ignite the admirals again and i hope the govs can recover to finish the season strong and make the playoffs. good luck next week against the cats.

CU06,

My vision was blocked on the play, but another WB fan on the sideline told me the same thing. The "roughing the passer" was a killer too. Oh well... Sterling is a fine back ... definitely as good as any we've seen this year. I was impressed with your qb on several of his passes too ... good arm. And that fullback/linebacker/punter kid is just a competitor ... he played with a lot of passion. Good luck the rest of the way. I think whatever teams make the playoffs from our region will represent us well!!!

CU06,

My vision was blocked on the play, but another WB fan on the sideline told me the same thing. The "roughing the passer" was a killer too. Oh well... Sterling is a fine back ... definitely as good as any we've seen this year. I was impressed with your qb on several of his passes too ... good arm. And that fullback/linebacker/punter kid is just a competitor ... he played with a lot of passion. Good luck the rest of the way. I think whatever teams make the playoffs from our region will represent us well!!!

Sooooooooo, since the WB fans have seen both the Owls and Admirals. How do U see this up coming match ?

BTW-How's the frog?wb_frog_150.gif

Edited by rigger101