Clinton @ Halls

HaveitYourWay

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clinton is coming off a tough loss at rival AC. Halls is coming off of a nice win at Karns. How's Clinton look? Records can be deceiving when having played AC, Oak Ridge and Maryville already this year.

Not sure I would put AC in that group because that was AC's FIRST win of the season.

Onto the game........Halls will win this one easily by a score of 41-7.

I do not think Halls should have this marked in the win block befor the kick off. I think Halls will get all they want from Clinton. Clinton has got to be tired of being the 3-4A door mat and start fighting for respect. Halls is really not where they would like to be or where they normally are. Halls has not played a good program all year yet but Clinton has. I am picking Clinton in the up-set on Halls' turf.

I do not think Halls should have this marked in the win block befor the kick off. I think Halls will get all they want from Clinton. Clinton has got to be tired of being the 3-4A door mat and start fighting for respect. Halls is really not where they would like to be or where they normally are. Halls has not played a good program all year yet but Clinton has. I am picking Clinton in the up-set on Halls' turf.

I am afraid you could be right FBE. I think Halls has shown a weakness when playing teams with speed. I have heard that Clinton has some this year. Last year Halls beat Clinton because the defense never let Clinton out of its own backfield. That will not happen this year. I expect a high scoring game. (If Halls O can execute without turnovers. I hope Halls can find a way to win at home.

Go Big Red.

Halls is really not where they would like to be or where they normally are. Halls has not played a good program all year yet but Clinton has.

I agree Halls is not where we want them or where they normally are, but to say that Sevier County, Central and West are not "good" is bizarre. They're not Maryville caliber yet, of course, but they are good. Gibbs and Karns are a different story.

All you have to do is look at the person that wrote,"halls has not played a good program yet", to know that it was Maryville pud whacker. Everyone knows that Maryville is the only school in E. Tenn. worth a crap.

Halls has played 2 good programs and 1 that is on the way back. Now the Karns and Gibbs poorgrams, well nuff said.

By the way FUBE, who was the last region team to beat Maryville in the regular season?

I agree reddevil1. Halls has two wins against opponents who are a combined 1-8 so I have no misconceptions on this being a tough game. In fact every game this year will be a tough game for the youthful Halls squad unless they unleash the tiger. The tiger has been unleashed in the two wins and not even got out of the cage in the three losses. So to keep the Clinton fans off balance to what I mean and the Halls fans who know what i'm talking about, plus a rellentless pass rush like we saw last week against Karns should be a recipe for a huge win again for this program.

If the weather is unkind or we continue to put the ball on the ground Clinton is more than capable with their running back Acres to make us pay. This game we have a big advantage with the offensive & defensive line to dominate. We may not win huge but a win nevertheless will put us at .500 ball. After the Central & West games most people said we would be lucky to win two games this year.

If you check the AC Clinton stats AC manhandled the dragons on the line of scrimmage. AC is down this year with very little offense and their starting sophomore QB was injuried in their second game. So they will continue to have a rough season. But if we play smart and get on them early I think we get another W Friday night.

I just hope we don't look ahead to the Powell game the following week. Lets take one game at a time. :)