Biggest Rivalry in 1A

bosox52104

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gordonsville vs. Watertown

Gordonsville vs. Trousdale

Gordonsville vs. Smith County and Westmoreland. I know those two schools are 2A but, they are big rivalries. Westmoreland used to be in G-ville's region back in the 80's. It's not what it used to be but it's still big.

Almost everyone in Smith County goes to the SC vs. G-ville game.

Greenfield vs. South Fulton is a big rivalry. These two teams have fallen from grace a bit, but I know both teams dislike each other. My father graduated from Greenfield in 75, and he still likes to see South Fulton lose to whoever they play. Now these teams play to prove the other team is worse, not really who is better. Hopefully they will both come back around in the future.

I know Marion County is 2A but South Pittsburg - MC has got to be one of the best involving a 1A team. The Boyd - SP is pretty intense too

One of the longest if not the longest in the state. There used to be a parade until it broke at in riot at the half way point between South Pittsburg and Jasper.

personally im a fan of the little known JCS and Fayette Academy rivalry that game was pretty intense but this also doesnt stand for just football in all sports even though the scores may not be close sometimes doesnt mean there is any respect going either way

I'll take the talent intensity down a notch and just talk hatred.

Whitwell and Lookout Valley.

Behold, a battle for 4th Place!

That's back when Bridgeport and Stevenson (now North Jackson) were still in the mix. Good times

Slick Rick says this is a board to talk Tennessee high school football. Slick Rick says no one really cares about teams from the state of Alabama. Slick Rick says go to CoachA.com if you want to talk Alabama high school football.

Slick Rick says the Marion/SP game is one of the best.