HOW BOUT THEM SKYHAWKS

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor call on the UTM coaches on the 4th and less than 1 call. We were able to get 3-4 yards a carry and our punting has been horrible all season. We need to pull our punters scholarship, he is horrible. Right now I am upset cause I think we just lost our shot at the playoffs.

How does the OVC playoff scnerio work? I remember it is very, for a lack of better word, stupid from last season.

How many at large teams make the 1-AA playoffs anwyay?

The OVC champion usually goes don't they??....And they would be 9-2 with a win over Murray,it would be hard to say they don't deserve to be there....I guarantee you if Eastern or J-State had a 9-2 record and an OVC championship,they would be in no problem...

All right, I looked into my own question a little bit.

The OVC has a funky tiebreaker. Because UTM, TSU, and EIU will all tie assuming all plays out as should, the next tiebreaker is the record against the 2nd and third place teams, in which EIU would be the conference winner and get the automatic bid.

I read on i-aa.org (probably the best 1-AA site on the net) that UTM should get in the playoffs regardless as long as they win Saturday, but we shall see. I hope they do!

I will say this. I went to the 1-AA title game in Chattanooga last year, and it was a blast. No matter who makes it, if you like football then go down for it. It was fun.

Edited by Solomon

16 teams make the playoffs in I-AA. 8 conferences get automatic bids that are given to their conference champion. The OVC is one of those conferences. Then the committee picks the next 8 in through mostly rankings and GPI.

Anygivensaturday.com is another great website for I-AA football.

GPI could really hurt Martin. Currently ranked 25th and the only OVC team i nthe Top 25.