HOW BOUT THEM SKYHAWKS

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OC,you posted in the Tech thread how we barely beat "lowly" Murray State in OT.?

Sorry,but I guarantee "lowly" Murray St. could walk all over an Austin Peay team that is not even an OVC team(yet).

A team that put it to you guys most of the night.

Come on to Cookeville... <_<

Smack talkin' on the OVC thread...I love it!! :D

THE SQUAD :)

Murray is AWFUL and can't beat o__..well you know...Please don't say "you guys" to me about UTM,I'm only on the train till they lose.... :thumb:

ON A SERIOUS NOTE........

TENNESSEE-MARTIN RADIO ANNOUNCER INJURED IN HIT-AND-RUN ACCIDENT, WIFE KILLED

October 5, 2006

MARTIN, Tenn. --- Longtime Tennessee-Martin play-by-play announcer Tom Britt and his wife Martha were tragically hit by a vehicle Thursday while out for their morning walk near their home in Beech Bluff, Tenn.

Martha Britt died as a result of the accident. Tom Britt is listed in stable condition at a Jackson, Tenn. hospital.

"Tom Britt's contributions as a broadcaster for Tennessee-Martin athletics are significant. We pray for his full recovery, and our thoughts are with Tom and his daughter, Amy, at the loss of Martha Britt," said Dr. Nick Dunagan, Tennessee-Martin chancellor.

"Martha was an exceptional educator who touched many lives during her career. She will be missed," Dunagan said.

Tom Britt is a WBBJ-TV news anchor and has been a play-by-play announcer for Tennessee-Martin athletics for the past 26 years. Martha Britt was the principal at Isaac Lane Technology Magnet Elementary. Their daughter, Amy, earned her bachelor's and MBA degrees at Tennessee-Martin.

PRAY FOR HIS FAMILY...........

October 5, 2006

MARTIN, Tenn. --- Longtime Tennessee-Martin play-by-play announcer Tom Britt and his wife Martha were tragically hit by a vehicle Thursday while out for their morning walk near their home in Beech Bluff, Tenn.

Martha Britt died as a result of the accident. Tom Britt is listed in stable condition at a Jackson, Tenn. hospital.

"Tom Britt's contributions as a broadcaster for Tennessee-Martin athletics are significant. We pray for his full recovery, and our thoughts are with Tom and his daughter, Amy, at the loss of Martha Britt," said Dr. Nick Dunagan, Tennessee-Martin chancellor.

"Martha was an exceptional educator who touched many lives during her career. She will be missed," Dunagan said.

Tom Britt is a WBBJ-TV news anchor and has been a play-by-play announcer for Tennessee-Martin athletics for the past 26 years. Martha Britt was the principal at Isaac Lane Technology Magnet Elementary. Their daughter, Amy, earned her bachelor's and MBA degrees at Tennessee-Martin.

I saw this on TV before I went to the game...

Our prayers are with the Britt & UT Martin families.

THE SQUAD

Edited by THE SQUAD

Did I read right where this was UTM's first road conference win since 1996?????

I wouldn't doubt that one bit. UTM has been perennial doormats for years.If you didn't know the history of the "Pacers" then you don't know much about the history of UTM...

Stay on that UTM bandwagon of 2006!

Ya'll are riding high now!

THE SQUAD :thumb:

Did I read right where this was UTM's first road conference win since 1996?????

That is correct. They beat SEMO that year. But get this that win in 1996 was the only OVC win for the Skyhawks till the 2003 season. 7 years between conference wins!!! That is insane. I just hope the students and the town of Martin get behind this team, they sure deserve it.

October 5, 2006

Such a tragedy. A very good couple who served their community. A very good friend of mine taught with Ms Martha yrs ago. Keep us posted on Tom's physical condition. Prayers go out to this family.