Lewis County VS Adamsvillie

dudumonaghan

lewis will win this, adamsville will let it be known that they are there in the 1st half atleast....i dont see aville lastin to long, lc has too good of a team and will easily wear them down quick......but good luck to both teams and im hopin that aville will try their hardest 2 wear lc down at least a lil bit so that when we travel 2 lc next week we can mayb come close to a win....

Lewis Co: 31

Adamsville: 9

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Lewis county will be facing a hungry defense in the Cardinals. If something should happen and a few turnovers creep in they could be in for a fight. I know Lewis County has the better team all around, but you do not have to be better alll of the time. You just have to be better on the Friday night you play each other. I look for some eyes in the region to be opened up this week. Adamsville should be 3-0 in region play right now. I think our biggest problem has been offensive consistency. If we can build on the momentum from last week we could compete for the final playoff spot with the Richland/Stewart County winner.

I do not mean to sound like I am taking anything away from Waverly or Lewis County. Both teams are good teams and have deserved everything they have worked for this year. I congratulate them both.

I think this will be a good battle between a solid offense that likes to run the ball and a defense that loves to gang tackle and be very stingy at times. I think the drive will be well worth it for this game even if we lose.

New prediction:

Adamsville- 17

Lewis county- 24

Hope it is injury free for both teams.

I think Lewis county will be facing a hungry defense in the Cardinals. If something should happen and a few turnovers creep in they could be in for a fight. I know Lewis County has the better team all around, but you do not have to be better alll of the time. You just have to be better on the Friday night you play each other. I look for some eyes in the region to be opened up this week. Adamsville should be 3-0 in region play right now. I think our biggest problem has been offensive consistency. If we can build on the momentum from last week we could compete for the final playoff spot with the Richland/Stewart County winner.

I do not mean to sound like I am taking anything away from Waverly or Lewis County. Both teams are good teams and have deserved everything they have worked for this year. I congratulate them both.

I think this will be a good battle between a solid offense that likes to run the ball and a defense that loves to gang tackle and be very stingy at times. I think the drive will be well worth it for this game even if we lose.

New prediction:

Adamsville- 17

Lewis county- 24

Hope it is injury free for both teams.

How do you say Adamsville should be 3-0 in region. Waverly clearly won the game 10-0 over them. Plus the phantom block in the back took another touchdown away on the punt return. Adamsville is a tough team, but Waverly clearly had the better team. Waverly's starting running back didn't even play that game either.

How do you say Adamsville should be 3-0 in region. Waverly clearly won the game 10-0 over them. Plus the phantom block in the back took another touchdown away on the punt return. Adamsville is a tough team, but Waverly clearly had the better team. Waverly's starting running back didn't even play that game either.

As I said earlier Waverly deserves everything they have worked for this year. I did not bash Waverly, but they never threatened to score until late in the game and that was a field goal. Adamsville had two drives that were stopped by their own penalties nothing Waverly did. Those drives should have ended in points but they did not and we lost. Take away the screw up by the ref and you did not reach the redzone until the field goal. By that time the score would have probably been diferent. That would have made a big difference in th eoutcome of that game. Again, I congratulate Waverly for doing what it had to to win that game. I am now hoping we can put together a 3 game win streak in a couple of weeks so we can finish fourth behind LC, Camden, and Waverly.

I am not saying that we are a lot better than Waverly, but in all reality we should be 3-0 in the region.

Edited by cardfan

Off Topic I know... Who was the Aville middle school coach who got upset and thought that it was a good idea to physically shake and verbally abuse a young chain crew member at the game last night? I think they said his last name began with a P. I heard about it this morning but I was not at the game. Was anyone there that is following this forum? I would like to here both sides of the story. if true what precedent is that setting for the players and fans to witness.

Congrats to Lewis co on the shut-out B)

This was a nail-biter in the first half. It was 7-0 at the end of the 2nd quarter. Lewis County has developed a very bad habit of starting slow. This isn't the coaches fault. They try every way possible to make the team mentally ready for the game. The problem is that LC is good, and they know it. The kids know they are the team to beat in the region and have overlooked the last two teams and started out sluggishly, letting a weaker team hang around way too long. If they start out like this against Waverly, they are going to get smacked. Adamsville's D-line OWNED LC's O-line in the first half. There's not really a kind way of putting it. Lewis County needs to start getting in the habit of playing from bell-to-bell with the killer instinct that an undefeated, #3 ranked team should have.

I know it sounds odd for me to come here and make these statements after scoring 39 and shutting out the other team, but if you were there, you know exactly what I'm talking about. Everybody just wants the team to play up to their potential and not start the game on cruise control.

well if lewis county plays like that next week, i really see the tigers w/ a chance to beat them....im not sayin this jus as a tiger fan but honestly...im glad the adamsville was able to hold them to 7 points in the 1st half..that is sumthin big for them, but i bleive they need to start workin on conditionin a lil more bcuz if they coulda jus done tha same tha 2nd half then they coulda had a chance.....i believe adamsville is the closest team that matches waverly and adamsville usually only lasts the 1st half...so if wavelry can keep our head straight and play a lil better than tonight and lewis county can play like they did tonight, look to see an upset next week!! hope this fall break helps the tigers git concentrated solidly on this comin week's game agiainst the panthers....go tigers!!

well if lewis county plays like that next week, i really see the tigers w/ a chance to beat them....im not sayin this jus as a tiger fan but honestly...im glad the adamsville was able to hold them to 7 points in the 1st half..that is sumthin big for them, but i bleive they need to start workin on conditionin a lil more bcuz if they coulda jus done tha same tha 2nd half then they coulda had a chance.....i believe adamsville is the closest team that matches waverly and adamsville usually only lasts the 1st half...so if wavelry can keep our head straight and play a lil better than tonight and lewis county can play like they did tonight, look to see an upset next week!! hope this fall break helps the tigers git concentrated solidly on this comin week's game agiainst the panthers....go tigers!!

Well, it was more of what Lewis County was allowing Adamsville to do than Adamsville having command. So, it's not really accurate to say that LC was "held" to 7 by Adamsville. LC was a different team in the second half. The starters only played the 3rd quarter and about 3 minutes of the 4th and scored 4 TDs. The second string tacked on another one just as soon as they were put in. If LC comes out asleep at the wheel like they have the past two weeks, the game will be tight until they wake up. It just drives all the adults CRAZY watching all that potential on the field going at 60%.