Lewis County VS Adamsvillie

dudumonaghan

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This "could" be a good game. If Lewis County looks past A'ville and the Cardinals play the best game of the year then the upset could occur. I do think Lewis County will win by the score of 28- 17, but stranger things have happened. Last year the game was very close at half-time, but the cardinals wore down after that and it ended up something like 28-0. This year the defense is a lot stronger and just might hold up a little longer. I am not saying that the Cardinals are the better team this year, but I think this could be a little test for Lewis County. The Cardinals have only allowed 6 pts a game in the region and are holding opponents to just over 100 yards of total offense. I know they have not faced to the top tier teams yet, but I think those two teams will know that they played a Cardinal team that will not quit.

I wish both teams the best of luck, and an injury free game.

This "could" be a good game. If Lewis County looks past A'ville and the Cardinals play the best game of the year then the upset could occur. I do think Lewis County will win by the score of 28- 17, but stranger things have happened. Last year the game was very close at half-time, but the cardinals wore down after that and it ended up something like 28-0. This year the defense is a lot stronger and just might hold up a little longer. I am not saying that the Cardinals are the better team this year, but I think this could be a little test for Lewis County. The Cardinals have only allowed 6 pts a game in the region and are holding opponents to just over 100 yards of total offense. I know they have not faced to the top tier teams yet, but I think those two teams will know that they played a Cardinal team that will not quit.

I wish both teams the best of luck, and an injury free game.

lewis co. dont over look nebody

I think Adamsville is a program headed in the right direction but I don't think they are quite ready to spring the huge upset just yet. They will earn much respect along the way and could easily wind up in the playoffs.

Now one last thing about the Houston County game, just for those who get most of their information from here. I have read several posts lamenting Lewis County's performance... as being basically lackluster. Here's the final scoop:

Lewis County had 367 yards rushing and 43 passing for 410 yards total offense. The starters played the first half and one series in the third quarter.

Houston County ran 25 times for 49 yards and and were 4-22 passing with 3 interceptions for 22 yards. Total offense equaled 71 yards on 47 plays. 43 of those 77 yards came in the fourth quarter on their touchdown drive against the second team defense.

The Panthers had12 different running backs carry the ball.

I have went back and watched the game twice to see what I was missing? It could have been 50+ for the Panthers very easily if the starters hadn't come out with 8 minutes left in the third quarter. As I think R Combs stated in a Camden post, the biggest dissapointment is that our subs were beaten for the first time all year by another team's starters.

For a down week, I think 410 yards to 71 yards is acceptable.

I think Adamsville is a program headed in the right direction but I don't think they are quite ready to spring the huge upset just yet. They will earn much respect along the way and could easily wind up in the playoffs.

Now one last thing about the Houston County game, just for those who get most of their information from here. I have read several posts lamenting Lewis County's performance... as being basically lackluster. Here's the final scoop:

Lewis County had 367 yards rushing and 43 passing for 410 yards total offense. The starters played the first half and one series in the third quarter.

Houston County ran 25 times for 49 yards and and were 4-22 passing with 3 interceptions for 22 yards. Total offense equaled 71 yards on 47 plays. 43 of those 77 yards came in the fourth quarter on their touchdown drive against the second team defense.

The Panthers had12 different running backs carry the ball.

I have went back and watched the game twice to see what I was missing? It could have been 50+ for the Panthers very easily if the starters hadn't come out with 8 minutes left in the third quarter. As I think R Combs stated in a Camden post, the biggest dissapointment is that our subs were beaten for the first time all year by another team's starters.

For a down week, I think 410 yards to 71 yards is acceptable.

The expectations are really high when you put up stats like that and it seems like you had an off night... :lol: