JCM-Northside

Yanker

I believe this game will come down to who brings their A game...both of these teams have weaknesses that can easily be exploited. North Side definitely needs the passing game to work to open up the run. But as we saw in Humboldt, if this happens North Side can be successful. North Side needs to control the line of scrimmage and have strong linemen who are capable of this. I haven't seen JCM this year, so I don't know what it will take for them to win, but I'm sure Yanker will let me know soon.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who's talking about any kid? I'm talking about the coaching staff. Last I checked, they're all adults.

Well if you can find it acceptable to bash a coach, then someone will find it acceptable to bash a player, and if you have already gone to the administration then leave it at that. What I do know is that coacht will shut htis site down if coach basking continues, so use your freedom of speech all you want, I am sure that you know what is best for the program, I mean it makes lots of sense to bad mouth the coach at this point. I wrote a little piece a year ago, I am going to see if I can pull that up.

Oh, what it must be like to be a coach. Win, win, win, why isn't my son playing, you are an idiot, why did you call that, Johnny should be your Quarterback, Why did you go for two, you should have gone for it. This is a small fraction of what coaches hear on a daily basis, and that is just what has already have happened, I do not even want to think about all of the advice a coach must get on the upcoming games. I watched the OSU, Texas game on Saturday and it struck me odd that BRENT Musberger has no clue about the game of football. As my friend told me that is why he is a play by play guy. He needs to do just that and quit trying to analyze everthing espesially while Gary Danielson is sitting there to give game analysis. As long as Brent has been watching and calling games he is clueless. Probably never played a down. I say this because I hear mamas and daddies all of the time talking about coaches (please forgive them for this) and players who are not their children, like they know their jobs better than the coach,

or even the abilities of another player. Most of the time they do not know the ability of their own kid. I saw a parent after a game this year throwing a fit about her sons playing time, talking about the coaches being idiots, mistreating her son. Well for parents like that, it is great that you care about your children as you should, but please lets leave coaching to coaches. If you want to do some one elses job, why dont you start picking up trash on the side of the highway or something productive. DO you have any clue what telling your son that the coach does not what he is doing sounds like. Well it would be like me telling Betty Crocker how to cook. I can cook but I do not believe that Betty needs me telling her how to fix her dinner. Please think with me on this one, think about your job and how you would feel if everyone thought they could do it better than you, even those with no experience at it. I am a very positive person and why can we as parents and supporters of high school athletes be the same way.

Oh, what it must be like to be a coach. Win, win, win, why isn't my son playing, you are an idiot, why did you call that, Johnny should be your Quarterback, Why did you go for two, you should have gone for it. This is a small fraction of what coaches hear on a daily basis, and that is just what has already have happened, I do not even want to think about all of the advice a coach must get on the upcoming games. I watched the OSU, Texas game on Saturday and it struck me odd that BRENT Musberger has no clue about the game of football. As my friend told me that is why he is a play by play guy. He needs to do just that and quit trying to analyze everthing espesially while Gary Danielson is sitting there to give game analysis. As long as Brent has been watching and calling games he is clueless. Probably never played a down. I say this because I hear mamas and daddies all of the time talking about coaches (please forgive them for this) and players who are not their children, like they know their jobs better than the coach,

or even the abilities of another player. Most of the time they do not know the ability of their own kid. I saw a parent after a game this year throwing a fit about her sons playing time, talking about the coaches being idiots, mistreating her son. Well for parents like that, it is great that you care about your children as you should, but please lets leave coaching to coaches. If you want to do some one elses job, why dont you start picking up trash on the side of the highway or something productive. DO you have any clue what telling your son that the coach does not what he is doing sounds like. Well it would be like me telling Betty Crocker how to cook. I can cook but I do not believe that Betty needs me telling her how to fix her dinner. Please think with me on this one, think about your job and how you would feel if everyone thought they could do it better than you, even those with no experience at it. I am a very positive person and why can we as parents and supporters of high school athletes be the same way.

Nobody is forcing any coach to coach. I believe they get paid to put up with everything that comes with the position. If they can't take the fans, parents, players, and alumni, they have the option to quit. I don't pity or feel sorry for anything they put up with. It's part of their job.

I believe this game will come down to who brings their A game...both of these teams have weaknesses that can easily be exploited. North Side definitely needs the passing game to work to open up the run. But as we saw in Humboldt, if this happens North Side can be successful. North Side needs to control the line of scrimmage and have strong linemen who are capable of this. I haven't seen JCM this year, so I don't know what it will take for them to win, but I'm sure Yanker will let me know soon.

You are correct my "Buffalo Hunting Nomadic Wonder", the YANKER will now let you kinow. First of all, I have a friend who is good friends with Coach Massey and he sounds like a great guy, so I do not "hate" NS. This game could be low scoring because you will not move the ball much on us and our offense is not real potent. Our talent and hunger for a victory will propel JCM to just that. I will have the score tomorrow. As to how NS can win this one, a freak act of nature...a sinkhole swallowing the JCM starters early in the game. A NS win is as likely as that!!! The YANKER has spoken!!! I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To the Wise Individual who said that a Coach deserves everything they get. You have no Idea what all they "GET." These are Fathers and Husbands that receive more abuse than you could ever imagine as well as their families. Yes they did choose this professional, but not for the Money. They love seeing young people excel in every aspect of their lives. And I am sure that you are not the one they call when in need or come to see when they are grown and successful. You can bash coaches all you want, I guess it's your right. But walk in their shoes before you become such a "EXPERT."

You are right. The supplement is minimal at best for the time spent. Coaches spend an average of 4 hours after school practicing which sometimes can go til 9:30pm on the game field under the lights, not to mention, driving all over God's creation for tape, studying tape a couple of hours each day, scouting teams on off weeks, dealing with grades, TSSAA eligibility paperwork, parents, players, faculty, booster club, the press, and ordering supplies, and the dreadful lining the field for 4-5 hours on a thurday nights. Maybe instead of ousting the coach, just getting them in the hotseat will get more focus on the task at hand. How about waiting till the season is over and reevaluate?

Edited by formerCoach81

If you know anything about football in this area then you should know that there has not been a program that has been as down as North Side in the past few years. Is that the coaches fault????? Maybe, Maybe not. As the Volunteer General and I have already discussed on another post, much of the decline came with the rezoning of students as Liberty opened. It has been tough for our program to rebuild from this for we took a BIG hit. There are many factors that play into the decline of a team, not just the coach. North Side has improved and has steadily improved over the past few years, even though the win-loss record may not show this. But at no time do I recall this forum being used to bash the coach or to call for his firing...that is not the purpose of this site. If you want to pursue that adgenda, then maybe you should start your own web site for that purpose. I want people who use this site but maybe aren't familar with the NS program to think we have class and I'm sure that the many regular JCM supporters who use this forum feel the same. You are not just talking to a few...your words could reach thousands across the state. Represent your program with class.

Nobody is forcing any coach to coach. I believe they get paid to put up with everything that comes with the position. If they can't take the fans, parents, players, and alumni, they have the option to quit. I don't pity or feel sorry for anything they put up with. It's part of their job.

As expected, you missed the point, The joy it must be to be a coach, as far as I know, there are no coaches on here complaining, I was simply saying that they must really enjoy what they do because they do put up with fools on a daily basis. I have no heard any coaches complain about this or want any pity, or definitely ask you to feel sorr for them, I again simply say, they must really enjoy working with kids to put up with fools on a daily basis.

To the Wise Individual who said that a Coach deserves everything they get. You have no Idea what all they "GET." These are Fathers and Husbands that receive more abuse than you could ever imagine as well as their families. Yes they did choose this professional, but not for the Money. They love seeing young people excel in every aspect of their lives. And I am sure that you are not the one they call when in need or come to see when they are grown and successful. You can bash coaches all you want, I guess it's your right. But walk in their shoes before you become such a "EXPERT."

Well spoken NSIndian.

Teachers/Coaches. How many occupations are there that you can do a job to what you feel like is the best of YOUR ability but you are judged on how successful teenagers perform on the field or in the class?