Maryville ranked #23 in national poll

Rebel96

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again I respect and admire the Rebels football program and think they should be a mold for everyone in the state to model their program after but I have seen some of the super powerhouse private programs in the nation and they could most likely beat some college programs. If Maryville started to travel and play some of these schools then they deserve every acolade they get.

Congrats to Maryville.

It's nice to see an East Tennessee team get some deserved recognition.

We at Mo West know our road to the state leads through Maryville, we continue to strive to reach that point. To those of you posting threads about Maryville "recruiting" , get over it. the game is played between students of the high schools, why those students go there has no bearing on the game. Good players want to go to good programs it's always been that way and always will. I'm a Trojan fan and the father of a Trojan player but I respect what Maryville has done. Yes, it would make our road to the state easier if the Rebels weren't there, but they are so quit complaining & making excuses. Strive to take your program to that level. Again congrats to the Rebels and we'll see you in the playoffs. To be the best you have to beat the best.

I would just like to see maryville play some of the big boys, I do think they could be any team in Tennessee, I just want too see them prove it.

I agree with you on this one. Now grant it Maryville dose play Alcoa, Powell and Central in the regular season and in the post season normally sometimes they play Hixson,White Co., Rhea Co.,Cleveland, Red Bank, Central, Powell, Sullivan South, Mo-town West or East, Tennessee High and then normally Hillsboro or Melrose in the finals

Personally I would like to see them play someone who is also ranked like Hoover AL, Kingsland GA, Brynes SC, Independence NC, South Panola MS, Brookwood GA, Summerville SC, D-B, C.D. Hylton VA, or Warner Robins Northside GA.

But maybe do to financial reason they can't travel that far to play some of these schools but it would be nice to show Tennessee High School Football is For Real by beating another ranked school.

[quote name='TheWeapon11' date='Sep 26 2006 - 09:15 PM' post='826159908']

Who would win DB vs Maryville????????

Maryville and DB scrimmaged in preseason. The scrimmage was conducted similar to a game....first downs and such. Only punt and kick returns were not allowed. Maryville pretty much dominated the first teams.

From what I heard around Kingsport, during first team action the Rebels outscored the Indians 17-7 during little more than a half of play. DB fans were excited that they had actually kept the scrimmage this close.

Maryville would be just fine in 5A.

I agree with you on this one. Now grant it Maryville dose play Alcoa, Powell and Central in the regular season and in the post season normally sometimes they play Hixson,White Co., Rhea Co.,Cleveland, Red Bank, Central, Powell, Sullivan South, Mo-town West or East, Tennessee High and then normally Hillsboro or Melrose in the finals

Personally I would like to see them play someone who is also ranked like Hoover AL, Kingsland GA, Brynes SC, Independence NC, South Panola MS, Brookwood GA, Summerville SC, D-B, C.D. Hylton VA, or Warner Robins Northside GA.

But maybe do to financial reason they can't travel that far to play some of these schools but it would be nice to show Tennessee High School Football is For Real by beating another ranked school.

Besides the financial constraints for traveling, I have to agree with this post. Maryville needs to put decent 5A and DII teams on their schedule (WB and Heritage don't count). I think they can beat some of the top teams in KY. One other thing. Is there anyway Maryville can get off that Blount County rotation? I would like to see their football program go to the next level.