WHY DOES FAYETTE WARE HAVE A FORFEIT LOSS

big_mike0307

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My understanding is that in the Gibson County game an eighth-grader participated in the game for Fayette Ware. Thus, the forfeit happened as a result of using an ineligible player.

That is correct although the AP Poll still lists FW at 5-0 overall. What gives some of these people the right to vote when in reality they don't have the slightest clue as to what is going on.

I didnt understand why the kid was ineligible he's an 8th grader not a 20 year old 11th grader or somethin. people are going to use this to say that coach thompson is somehow still dirty or something. i think he just assumed as i did that 8th graders were eligible to play varsity ball. i did when i was an 8th grader at middleton we got beat but it wasnt by forfiet

Folks, the coach at Fayette Ware knows the rules. The bottom line is that he simply thought that he could get away with playing the illegal player. End of story. Fayette Ware is a 9-12 school only. Thus, there is absolutely no way this kid should have even dressed, let alone played.

Everyone already knows this coaches track record. It sure is not pretty. It does make you wonder what other rules he has broken (if any) in his short time at Fayette Ware.

Sounds like hes found himslef another hauss hes trying to get alittle more ready for h.s ball. He knew he was breaking the rules no matter if they were down by 100 pts and he was an 8th grader. the rules are there for a reason, he knew this and still played him.. Looks like the same old coach.Make no mistake he'll break every rule in the book to turn FW into another Melrose.

Sounds like hes found himslef another hauss hes trying to get alittle more ready for h.s ball. He knew he was breaking the rules no matter if they were down by 100 pts and he was an 8th grader. the rules are there for a reason, he knew this and still played him.. Looks like the same old coach.Make no mistake he'll break every rule in the book to turn FW into another Melrose.

To Coach Thompsons defense if I remember correctly the 9th graders at Fayette Ware are housed with the 8th graders.

To Coach Thompsons defense if I remember correctly the 9th graders at Fayette Ware are housed with the 8th graders.

Thats correct, 9th graders attend Northeast Middle School, along with the 8th graders, which is located a few hundred feet from Fayette Ware high school, so i dont understand the logic of the housing situation. Are the 9th graders allowed to play, since they are not actually attending classes at Fayette Ware?