Why is Marryville so good?

WHScoacher

Obviously, Marryville is the best team in Eastern Tennessee. They are ranked 23rd in the U.S. They have not always been the powerhouse that they have been the in recent years. What is the difference? Is it coaching, the kids, the community, or a combination? Can that success be copied in other programs here in East Tennessee?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

With Maryville it is the perfect combination of good coaches, good players, community and school support and commitment to the program, and a very good feeder system. The coaches are able to get the players to buy in to the system at a young age coming up through that feeder system. That puts them ahead of the curve from day one of their high school careers.

A solid coaching staff that is able to get the players to come out and buy into it make the program. There must be strong support from the school's staff and the community.

I agree the "open zone" helps to perpetuate the program, good players want to play at a good program, but the program must be established first.

Of course I'm sure if Hamblen County had open zone we at Mo West would get good players from Mo East which would help the Trojans (of course Mo East would say the opposite).

The bottom line:

Maryville is good because they have good coaches, good support, and good players that buy into being the best.

Its easy Recrutin. We got us

Burnette from halls

Maples who lives in six mile from heritage

Tanner Caylor who lives in walland from hertiage

Tank Baker who lives in friendsville from william blount

Thats four pretty good tuition students

:D thank goodness for tuition kids!!!!

Burnette doesn't live in Halls anymore. His parents bought property in Maryville, and he lived with his dad there until mom and sis could move in the new house StarsNBars built. :thumb: Just kidding, about who built the house, that is. His folks are plenty capable of building a nice house. They're great folks and I have nothing but admiration for them. I just like to tweak all the Red Rebels who are so touchy about the recruitin' subject.

Maryville is great because of the synergistic combination delineated by Footballfan15 and HTV.

They are so good because they recruit so well and they play down in a lower classification that they should not be in. I heard they were going to change their name to the Tennessee Rebs since they recruit the whole state so well. Tomorrow night all that recruited talent will get a spanking and that out of date flag you all wave will fall in shame as it did many years ago. Central Bobcat

And don't forget Aaron Douglas a UT signee all ready from Farragut. Has his parents even moved yet?

and Tyler Clendenen moved from Webb I wonder why?

Great programs get great players short & simple. Not a knock on the program Maryville just has a coach named Quarles thats head & shoulders above anyone in the East Tennessee area.