Knoxville Webb @ Knoxville Catholic

SliderSport

Shhhhhhh! Don't tell that to gridironguy. Apparently, he knows everything. Maybe he will be man enough and admit he was wrong, but I doubt it.

Wrong? How am I wrong? You obviously lack reading comprehension skills. Once again, I am having to repeat myself. This will be the last time. If you still cannot understand after this, I will just leave you to wallow in your own ignorance. From my last post:

If the call was for a late hit on beeler (the News-Sentinel says it was, but then again they are horribly inaccurate when it comes to High School sports), then no question it was a bad call.

Assuming the poster two posts ago is correct, then the News-Sentinel was right (a miracle in and of itself, considering how often they are wrong) and it was a bad call. JUST LIKE I SAID OMGZ?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just to solidify the past post, i have a friend in the webb athletic department who i talked to and verified, the call had nothing to do verbally, there had been no previous warning and it would've been an unsportsmanlike, not a personal foul, if something was said. the call was made for a physical act which beeler supposedly did to hartmann. obviously a horrible call. the knox news sentinel was disgraceful. they treated the call like a joke.

Wrong? How am I wrong? You obviously lack reading comprehension skills. Once again, I am having to repeat myself. This will be the last time. If you still cannot understand after this, I will just leave you to wallow in your own ignorance. From my last post:

If the call was for a late hit on beeler (the News-Sentinel says it was, but then again they are horribly inaccurate when it comes to High School sports), then no question it was a bad call.

Assuming the poster two posts ago is correct, then the News-Sentinel was right (a miracle in and of itself, considering how often they are wrong) and it was a bad call. JUST LIKE I SAID OMGZ?

Who's the idiot? You're the one that said things like, wait to pass judgment. Or, we don't know that the call was made for something Beeler said? You don't need to repeat yourself. I understood you the first time you posted. You're problem is you lack common sense. It was abundantly clear why the referee threw the flag to anyone with half a brain that was watching the game. We didn't need to speculate like you on why the flag was thrown (something Beeler said...LOL). It was OBVIOUS that official was flag happy and to make that call in overtime is garbage (what I've been saying all along). From my first post the argument was that it was a bad call. You insisted on telling everyone that we need to wait to pass "judgment." Well, no we don't Einstein. You wanted to turn this into something it was not. Like, omg, like, do you understand now? :lol:

You still do not understand, so as promised, I will leave you now. It's become quite obvious that you are incapable of understanding the simplest facts, and with that in mind, you are simply a lost cause. I do have one request though. May I have your name so that I can have a good laugh when I read about you in the Darwin Awards IV?

Edited by gridironguy

You still do not understand, so as promised, I will leave you know. It's become quite obvious that you are incapable of understanding the simplest facts, and with that in mind, you are simply a lost cause. I do have one request though. May I have your name so that I can have a good laugh when I read about you in the Darwin Awards IV?

You're in for a big surprise as soon as you get out of high school and into the real world. I can promise you that I understand your argument, if that's what you really want to call it. If you have any friends around while reading this post, I must ask that they slap some sense into you. I wish you all the best......you're gonna need some help. Now please, go away.....far, far away....

Edited by Buzzman

...the knox news sentinel was disgraceful. they treated the call like a joke.

I couldn't agree more!! For the News Sentinel writer to lead the story by saying a "A funny thing happened Friday night in Webb School's attempt to tie Catholic in overtime" is complete CRAP!

Funny to who? Funny to the Catholic fans, coaches and players who realized they were lucky to be in the game. Webb pushed them to the limit and did so by playing a total of about 15 kids!

Change the word "funny" to "odd" in that first paragraph and it is 100% true and accurate. "Odd" best decsribes why in the world an official, knowing the situation of the game and emotions, would make such a pathetic call in the first place. The Webb querterback did nothing that a couple of Catholic players hadn't done as well.

This writer thought it was funny... obviously the Webb players, coaches and fans disagree.

If i were a webb fan, player, coach, parent, or supporter i would be writing an editorial to the news sentinel. As the previous post said, i dont think the call, or the loss was very funny to anyone in the webb community. MOre, the author writes, Webb looked like a contender the entire game, umm they were leading at half and they sure looked like they were in contention on tv, only being behind for the 3rd quarter more or less in the second half. Also no interviews for any webb players, or coaches, but smith is a UT recruit so fulmer must want him bad.

I have the game on tape. You guys are blind. There was plenty of time for Beeler to get words out, and the official was definately close enough to hear anything he said. HOWEVER, the News-Sentinel claims that the flag was for a post-play shove, and if that's the case, it was certainly a bad call. There was a shove, but not nearly enough of one to call that penalty.

Was the flag for trash talking or a blow to the head? In basketball you get a technical foul for trash talking so I guess in football they give an unsportsmanship penalty. 15 yards was pretty harsh. I'm a fan of Catholic but I have to admit that Webb played a great game. Catholic looked lethargic at best. However they stepped up late when they needed to and they should be pretty hyped for the Fulton game. Webb was a lot faster than I anticipated.

Edited by ScottA11

I was able to catch the last part of the game on CSS. That call on Webb was horrible. How can an official make that call in overtime? Terrible officiating! It shouldn't have even been called in the first place, much less with the situation that both teams were in.

I agree that had to be the worst thing I have seen ... certainly no physical contact warrented that PF ... I did not see the game but saw just the end of play ... did I hear from someone correctly that Hartman kinda hit Beeler under the chin on the ground ???? I have seen it hear that Beeler said nothing but I wonder what the official said he heard .. If I was Webb that official would never call another game of mine ..... OT ..these kids had fought hard and for some overzealous official to get all high and mighty and decide to decide the game on his own is ridiculous ..

Hated to see a great game end that way, even as a Catholic fan. There was a punch thrown prior to the shove. Given the situation though, a good ref would have let it go with a warning. Webb played a great game and the toughness of their schedule was evident in they way they played. We've not gained much with our weak non-conference schedule. I don't think anyone was overlooking Webb for Fulton. To alot of these guys, the Webb game is just/more important than Fulton.

See boys and girls, thats why bad sportsmanship wont get you anywhere! It gave Webb there 5th straight loss to Catholic! If they would have learned this 10 years ago, everybody would have seen a 2nd overtime! This is why we preach good sportsmanship at KCHS.

GO IRISH!

Too bad the call was a late hit call ;-p The call and what the News Sentinal had to say about it was complete garbage!