High School Football Memories

rednecktiger

ok, we have bn gittin blasts from the past in our local newspapers and noticed games like waverly and mcewen...and bn wonderin bout wat games we really awsome in the past so lets try this.....

wats ur best 1a or 2a high school football game memories....

i know mine so far is probably the waverly vs. adamsville game in 2005...waverly's 1st homecoming victory in almost 8 years, the game seemed so intense, the fans were so wild.....game went into overtime like so many other of waverly's games, waverly was an underdog....but still came away with big W thanx 2 players like bj jewel, chris browning, casey wagg's, corbin jones, michael forrester and many more great players....but alot of the thanx goes 2 1 of waverlys best kickers i have ever seen, #55 corbin jones who made the game winning field goal 2 win in ot 23-20

ok, we have bn gittin blasts from the past in our local newspapers and noticed games like waverly and mcewen...and bn wonderin bout wat games we really awsome in the past so lets try this.....

wats ur best 1a or 2a high school football game memories....

i know mine so far is probably the waverly vs. adamsville game in 2005...waverly's 1st homecoming victory in almost 8 years, the game seemed so intense, the fans were so wild.....game went into overtime like so many other of waverly's games, waverly was an underdog....but still came away with big W thanx 2 players like bj jewel, chris browning, casey wagg's, corbin jones, michael forrester and many more great players....but alot of the thanx goes 2 1 of waverlys best kickers i have ever seen, #55 corbin jones who made the game winning field goal 2 win in ot 23-20

well ill go ahead and start with my old school gibson co....i have 3 games...first one is when gibson co. was in 7-3a and we were on the dreadful 38 game losing streak and we went to obion central and won 20-13....my second game was that same exact year when gibson co. played peabody and gibson co. kicked the game winning field goal with 3.6 seconds left on the clock as we won 10-7..my third memorable game was last year when ole westview rolled into gibson co. thinkin they were going to roll...it was 31-14 with around 5 minutes to go on the clock gibson co. mounted a come back and won the game 34-31

My game would have to be one of these two.

Week 1 of the 2005 Season. Waverly vs. Hickman Co. The Tigers knew that this game would be a tough one, and well...i've found what i posted last year.

Wow, what a game. The game was postponed for an hour then we got er goin again. Hickman Co. had the lead at the half 7-0. Not much action in 3rd. The 4th quarter came and The Tigers got on the board with a TD. Then wavo got the ball back and tried bout a 15-20 yrd FG with a few tics left but it was wide left. Then came OT with the game tide 7-7. No scores were made in the first series. The 2nd tho was full of action. The tigers started out the OT series and got a TD pass to J.T. Blue and also got the PAT which puit them 14-7. Hickman county then ran the ball like they did all night, and got a TD. They then decided to go for 2 and end it one way or the other. They got the 2 point conv.. Waverly had 4 forced fumbles, and looks sound on defense, passin was alright, but the wetness of everything wasn't helpin anyone. Hickman County's runnin game was dominat the whole game...i'm not sure if the Hickman Co. even completed a pass all night. It was exciting and glad to be back on Friday's...Good game by both teams...but Hickman Co. wins 15-14 in OT..

IT was a heartbreaker, and what fans were left there after the monsoon went through, but this game was still great. I will never ever forget the image of JT catching that ball on the 3 and driving in during the 2nd OT. Well, I'll also neer forget that HC player crossing the Goal Line on that 2pt conversion....man

That second game was a quarterfinal game of last year. Huntington Milan game. It was amazing. I;d never seen HS ball played like that. And i LOVED it. One of the best parts, it was below freezing the whole game. Man, incliment weather has an affect on my liking of the games..lol

My most favorite game is last year 1st round palyoff between Richland and East Robertson. Richland was a 4th seed and a heavly underdog. We knew going up there if we play like we were capable of we could pull the upset. We were ready for the game. we were winning at halftime 7-0. The second half we play our butts off and won 13-7. It was the most happiest monments of my life. The fans was so supported of us and we gave them what they wanted. I will never forget that game.

my best memory is from my senior year at forrest high(class of 99), we played at franklin road acadamy and we played to a 14-14 tie at end of regulation. the game went 6 overtimes and we won 53-50. the funny thing about the game was that both teams couldnt stop the other from getting a first down on the first part of the other teams drive and then the defenses would hold up causing punts. that is the way the whole game went basicly so when overtime started each team just kept scoring and the game went on forever because both teams had good kickers. finally forrest held fra to a field goal and we scored on a bootleg pass on 4th and goal from the 2. it was amazing but the most tiring game i think i have ever been through because so many of us played 2 ways for both schools. :justwrestle:

1987 Greenback vs Webb it was billed as the battle of the unbeaten number ones. We were number 1 in Class 1A they were number 1 in 2A. We went into there house and won 10-7 on a field goal that was kicked by Shane Hair, it was his one and only field goal that year. It was the hardest game I played in.

Gordonsville vs. Smith County in 1998.

7 lead changes and Gordonsville won 34-32.

That was the last time GV won that game.

Also in 98, GV Vs. Upperman.

Upperman was ahead 21-8 at halftime, and GV came back to win. I can't remember exactly what the score was.

GV vs Westmoreland 1996 and 2006.

1996 GV won in the pouring rain and three overtimes.

2006, GV was down 20-6 going into the fourth quarter. They came back and took the lead 26-20 with about a minute left. W-land caught a hail mary pass in the endzone with 11 seconds left, but was called back by a block in the back.