Waverly @ Lewis County

15 NWTF 08

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So much for the whole being tougher across the river!!!

I wouldn't get my nose too far up in the air. Yes, it was 24-0. No it wasn't a blow out. In fact it was a close competitive game. The difference was Waverly had 5 turnovers and a blocked punt. Now I know that is part of the game, but it did factor into the scores, in fact two of the scores. Lewis County had the better team but only about 7-8 points better.

Now for the nitty gritty. Lewis County scores off of two turnovers. Waverly dominates in the second half but couldn't punch it in after having the ball inside the 5 twice. Lewis County averaging around 400 yards a game, needed two late runs with Waverly trying to pull the ball out to get over the 200 yard barrier for the game. (220) to be exact. 42 of those came on one play the only pass they completed. In fact Hatton didn't pass 100 until then. Lewis County only had 72 yards total offense in the second half and 28 of those came on those two runs at the end of the game with Waverly pulling at the ball.

Waverly had 157 for the game. Good game, just hated to see the turnovers make it look like a lopsided game, which it wasn't. Good luck the rest of the year Lewis County, you have a good team.

Edited by papatiger

I wouldn't get my nose too far up in the air. Yes, it was 24-0. No it wasn't a blow out. In fact it was a close competitive game. The difference was Waverly had 5 turnovers and a blocked punt. Now I know that is part of the game, but it did factor into the scores, in fact two of the scores. Lewis County had the better team but only about 7-8 points better.

Now for the nitty gritty. Lewis County scores off of two turnovers. Waverly dominates in the second half but couldn't punch it in after having the ball inside the 5 twice. Lewis County averaging around 400 yards a game, needed two late runs with Waverly trying to pull the ball out to get over the 200 yard barrier for the game. (220) to be exact. 42 of those came on one play the only pass they completed. In fact Hatton didn't pass 100 until then. Lewis County only had 72 yards total offense in the second half and 28 of those came on those two runs at the end of the game with Waverly pulling at the ball.

Waverly had 157 for the game. Good game, just hated to see the turnovers make it look like a lopsided game, which it wasn't. Good luck the rest of the year Lewis County, you have a good team.

I heard.......not sure.....but it was 24-0 at the half.....is that correct?

I heard.......not sure.....but it was 24-0 at the half.....is that correct?

Yes. That's correct. Lewis had one really good drive getting a touchdown. Got a safety. Got another on a tipped pass interception that was returned to the 4 yard line. A punt that was blocked on about the 30.

Second half saw Waverly dominate but couldn't get it into the endzone. Twice inside the 5 yard line. ONe of those would have been a touchdown but intercepted an underthrown pass where a Waverly receiver was wide open in back of end zone. Lewis County only had 72 yards total offense in second half. Starters played the whole game. Hatton had two of the last 3 carries with Greve carrying the other.

Total yardage for game Lewis County 220 yards, Waverly 157 yards.

Waverly 5 turnovers.

Waverly,

You finally found out what place team you are in the region....3rd.I believe you are a good team, just not as talented or fundamentally sound as the top 2 teams in the region. The playoffs will be a better measuring stick for your skills; compared to some of the best you have faced. I am also very proud to call Waverly a part of 6-2a. Good Luck.

Panthers,

You are a very good team, but don't be satified. Keep working to get better. THe main motivation for you this week was that someone called the Panthers,"soft" ..........Let that sink in a little bit region 6-2a.

S O F T !

Well anyone who has played us knows that we are anything but a "soft" team. Just ask Waverly, there were very big hits on both sides of the ball , but we OUTHIT every team we beat. And we have beat 7 teams so far. That is the name of the game.

You have to be able to turn on your own motor, I knew of one player who would make up things about the man he was going up against,"So you are the guy who hit my sister!?" Do anything that gets your motor going.

Also, Go out there and be PHYSICAL, and if you do, will beat everyone you go up against.Good luck to you the rest of the season and keep up the great work.

P.S.

Another shutout for the Panther Defense.

Yes. That's correct. Lewis had one really good drive getting a touchdown. Got a safety. Got another on a tipped pass interception that was returned to the 4 yard line. A punt that was blocked on about the 30.

Second half saw Waverly dominate but couldn't get it into the endzone. Twice inside the 5 yard line. ONe of those would have been a touchdown but intercepted an underthrown pass where a Waverly receiver was wide open in back of end zone. Lewis County only had 72 yards total offense in second half. Starters played the whole game. Hatton had two of the last 3 carries with Greve carrying the other.

Total yardage for game Lewis County 220 yards, Waverly 157 yards.

Waverly 5 turnovers.

Yeah, I don't know how they beat you guys. Oh, I forgot..... they didn't, Waverly just didn't play very good and blah, blah, blah. :thumb:

It's kind of funny, really...

Panthers are 8-0.. have scored 254 points and given up 24 through 8 games.

But pretty much every week, we read about how the games were much closer than the final score indicated. The only thing I have seen by watching this team is that they turn it on and turn it off pretty much as needed. I guess that makes the final scores always closer than what appeared?

Good luck to Waverly come playoff time. If the offense catches up with the defense, you could make some noise.

The only thing that kept this from being a blowout was the fact that Lewis County jumped out to a 24-0 lead and lifted the throttle. No, the coaches didn't call off the dogs...The players, as they have done all year, reverted back to playing at the level of their competition. They came out a little deflated in the second half. The first half showed what Lewis County was capable of when both the offense and defense were clicking. Do you honestly think that Lewis County is only a TD better than Waverly? Waverly didn't give up. They played hard the whole game. Lewis County only played hard the first half. Apparently, they only needed to play hard the first quarter.

As for the turnovers....please tell everyone which ones were unforced. Because, from where I was watching, every turnover was directly due to a Lewis County player making it happen. Collin Lancaster caused two fumbles by hitting the guy carrying the ball hard enough to jar it loose. Interceptions were due to the QB having to get rid of the ball before he wanted to, and Lewis County players being in position to make the play. As for turnovers, you forgot to mention Lewis County's turnovers. We seemed to have a little trouble in that area, too. The difference was that we capitalized off Waverly's turnovers. Waverly couldn't make anything happen when they had the chance. Waverly had only 13 yards total offense in the first half. Kids are kids, and when they go in at the break dominating a team in every facet of the game that was supposed to be a formiddable adversary, then there's going to be a bit of a let-up when they come back to play the second half.

There's always two sides to every story. You imply Waverly beat itself. I imply Lewis County had a let-down in the second half. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. Usually is.

Yes, it was a competitive game. No, it wasn't close. No way can 24 points be considered close, unless you were expecting the beating to be much more severe. Our region has 2 really good teams and one decent team. Waverly is that decent team.

Waverly is probably a top 20 team in 2A. That's nothing to be ashamed of. They are a good team with a lot of fight. Lewis County needed to see this type of team because it had been weeks since the starters played in the 4th quarter.

Good luck next week against Camden. You'll need it.

First and foremost, Ernest T. Bass is a millionaire. Enough said. If I don't know more than Ernest T. what does that mean for you? Because I know more in my little toe than you. No, I don't know Waverly will get beat bad. The only way Waverly gets beat bad is turnovers. I said I thought Lewis would win. Deep inside I really think that Waverly can and will pull this off. Just trying to keep from pouring fuel on the fire. dawgsfan go back to pee wee ball like Hickman is playing now. :lol::D

Hickman beat you 28-0. When bobby sharpe says he was lucky to beat them he must mean it. Man they will be tough in 2A. :thumb::)

Edited by turbo