Waverly @ Lewis County

15 NWTF 08

The only thing that kept this from being a blowout was the fact that Lewis County jumped out to a 24-0 lead and lifted the throttle. No, the coaches didn't call off the dogs...The players, as they have done all year, reverted back to playing at the level of their competition. They came out a little deflated in the second half. The first half showed what Lewis County was capable of when both the offense and defense were clicking. Do you honestly think that Lewis County is only a TD better than Waverly? Waverly didn't give up. They played hard the whole game. Lewis County only played hard the first half. Apparently, they only needed to play hard the first quarter.

As for the turnovers....please tell everyone which ones were unforced. Because, from where I was watching, every turnover was directly due to a Lewis County player making it happen. Collin Lancaster caused two fumbles by hitting the guy carrying the ball hard enough to jar it loose. Interceptions were due to the QB having to get rid of the ball before he wanted to, and Lewis County players being in position to make the play. As for turnovers, you forgot to mention Lewis County's turnovers. We seemed to have a little trouble in that area, too. The difference was that we capitalized off Waverly's turnovers. Waverly couldn't make anything happen when they had the chance. Waverly had only 13 yards total offense in the first half. Kids are kids, and when they go in at the break dominating a team in every facet of the game that was supposed to be a formiddable adversary, then there's going to be a bit of a let-up when they come back to play the second half.

There's always two sides to every story. You imply Waverly beat itself. I imply Lewis County had a let-down in the second half. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. Usually is.

Yes, it was a competitive game. No, it wasn't close. No way can 24 points be considered close, unless you were expecting the beating to be much more severe. Our region has 2 really good teams and one decent team. Waverly is that decent team.

Waverly is probably a top 20 team in 2A. That's nothing to be ashamed of. They are a good team with a lot of fight. Lewis County needed to see this type of team because it had been weeks since the starters played in the 4th quarter.

Good luck next week against Camden. You'll need it.

1st- lewis county does have a really great team

2nd-lewis county did dominate the first half

3rd-lewis county did not let up in the second half, they came out playing just as hard, the difference was that waverly knew they had to fight even harder to have any chance at coming back. it was to no avail because you can't get down by 24 to a good team like lc and expect to win.

4th-because of two or three great plays by lewis county the score goit out of hand early, lewis county made the most of thier opportunities and waverly did not. i don't believe that waverly is 24 points worse than lewis county, maybe 10 points. congratulations panthers and we will try again this week for the upset of the big bad lions. actually we don't think they are big and bad, because of their reputation, befcause the game has to be played on the field.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. That's correct. Lewis had one really good drive getting a touchdown. Got a safety. Got another on a tipped pass interception that was returned to the 4 yard line. A punt that was blocked on about the 30.

Second half saw Waverly dominate but couldn't get it into the endzone. Twice inside the 5 yard line. ONe of those would have been a touchdown but intercepted an underthrown pass where a Waverly receiver was wide open in back of end zone. Lewis County only had 72 yards total offense in second half. Starters played the whole game. Hatton had two of the last 3 carries with Greve carrying the other.

Total yardage for game Lewis County 220 yards, Waverly 157 yards.

Waverly 5 turnovers.

Lewis County had 220 yards rushing and 46 passing for a total of 266 total yards.The score was 24- 0 at the half and I believe Waverly had 13 yards total yards the first half. and as you saw if you were at the game, Lewis County was not going to let score, since the second half keeps getting brought up, how many times was Waverly stopped on downs? No way does Waverly score on LC defense :thumb:

Edited by chucky

why are these fairview people on here? i have watched you guys play and i have been to all the l.c. home games and can tell you there is no way you would run away with this division. you beat hickman by i think 7 yea we only beat them by 7 but we had like 5 or 6 turnovers and there only touchdown came from us fumbling on like the 3. so the way i see it we are pretty close teams but i think fairview couldnt handle the physical play of lc. maybe we will get a chance to see this in the playoffs.

1st- lewis county does have a really great team

2nd-lewis county did dominate the first half

3rd-lewis county did not let up in the second half, they came out playing just as hard, the difference was that waverly knew they had to fight even harder to have any chance at coming back. it was to no avail because you can't get down by 24 to a good team like lc and expect to win.

4th-because of two or three great plays by lewis county the score goit out of hand early, lewis county made the most of thier opportunities and waverly did not. i don't believe that waverly is 24 points worse than lewis county, maybe 10 points. congratulations panthers and we will try again this week for the upset of the big bad lions. actually we don't think they are big and bad, because of their reputation, befcause the game has to be played on the field.

Are you the guy who guaranteed a win for Waverly? News Flash! A moral victory is still a loss. It's funny how you guys come here after the game and start throwing out "if's and buts" like Santa Clause throwing candy off the last float in the Christmas parade. Waverly lost. Lewis County won. Move on.

Oh, and Waverly might get a chance to play Lewis County again and try and redeem themselves. Then we'll all get a chance to see if this score was a fluke like all you guys are saying.

Yes. That's correct. Lewis had one really good drive getting a touchdown. Got a safety. Got another on a tipped pass interception that was returned to the 4 yard line. A punt that was blocked on about the 30.

Second half saw Waverly dominate but couldn't get it into the endzone. Twice inside the 5 yard line. ONe of those would have been a touchdown but intercepted an underthrown pass where a Waverly receiver was wide open in back of end zone. Lewis County only had 72 yards total offense in second half. Starters played the whole game. Hatton had two of the last 3 carries with Greve carrying the other.

Total yardage for game Lewis County 220 yards, Waverly 157 yards.

Waverly 5 turnovers.

Lewis County dominated the first half, scores 24 points

Waverly dominated the second half, scores 0 points....even with the ball inside the 5 twice

Kinda sounds like that Lewis County's defense dominated more to me

Edited by hunt4

Yeah, Lewis Co. took care of business. Scoreboard. If Waverly played as close as some people say, there wouldn't be a 24 point deficit. I'll say that the Tigers hung in there, but the Panthers Defense flexed some muscle to keep yall from clawin' back

Lewis County had 220 yards rushing and 46 passing for a total of 266 total yards.The score was 24- 0 at the half and I believe Waverly had 13 yards total yards the first half. and as you saw if you were at the game, Lewis County was not going to let score, since the second half keeps getting brought up, how many times was Waverly stopped on downs? No way does Waverly score on LC defense :thumb:

I really don't know why you all can't give Waverly any credit. No we didn't have just 13 yards at the half. It wasn't much better though 23 yards. No you didn't have 220 yards rushing!!! Whoever turned it into the Tennessean was from Lewis County. Not official. We have seen official stats. Lewis only had 220 total yards. Hatton didn't have 133. 115 I believe it was.

And this is to the idiot (926) that thinks that Lewis quit after half. NO WAY!!!! They kept trying as hard as they could. And yes Waverly didn't do much in first half due to Lewis County's defense, just like the Panthers didn't in the second half with Waverly's defense. Up until the last two runs that netted 28 yards (with Wavo grabbing for the ball), Lewis only had 43 yards total offense in second half. Starters played the whole game.

Lewis County has the better team, but by no means can anyone with any common sense say it was a blow out. Oh, by the way Waverly was stopped on downs 5 times, Lewis County was stopped on downs 4 times.

First downs Waverly 0 in first half 7 in second half

Lewis 5 in first half 5 in second half but 2 of those came in the last minute of the game.

As I said give credit where it is due. Waverly is a really good team. Lewis County is better, but no way 24 points better. Good luck Lewis on the rest of the year.

Tigers, it is on to Camden looking for a very obtainable victory. :angry:

Edited by papatiger

Are you the guy who guaranteed a win for Waverly? News Flash! A moral victory is still a loss. It's funny how you guys come here after the game and start throwing out "if's and buts" like Santa Clause throwing candy off the last float in the Christmas parade. Waverly lost. Lewis County won. Move on.

Oh, and Waverly might get a chance to play Lewis County again and try and redeem themselves. Then we'll all get a chance to see if this score was a fluke like all you guys are saying.

nobody is throwing out ifs and buts, i gave lc credit for being a very good team and winning. i did not guarantee a win and if you are from hickman you need to worry about your own team and not others but i guess since you can't win anymor games you must pick on teams that are winning. good job lc and lets put 6-2a at the top of the playoff heap