Dobyns-Bennett 1-0 Oak Ridge

mjuhb

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't see the game but I spoke to some OR fans and they said DB had 14 on the field the entire game - something about home town advantage. Having played both OR and DB this past weekend I'd say Oak Ridge is a much better team and probably don't deserve the fall they took in the week 7 poll.

Edited by soccer67

Get ready, here come the excuses. :lol:

BigReno,

I must admit, DB had a great win over OR even though there are claims of home cooking. I guess it can be argued that good teams will overcome bad officiating (but I guess some could argue against this).

The DB/Greeneville match was a great one as well. Should make for a great region championship if both teams make it that far. By the way, does anyone know the number of fouls called against each team (DB and Greeneville) ?

What about DB and OR ?

BigReno,

I must admit, DB had a great win over OR even though there are claims of home cooking. I guess it can be argued that good teams will overcome bad officiating (but I guess some could argue against this).

The DB/Greeneville match was a great one as well. Should make for a great region championship if both teams make it that far. By the way, does anyone know the number of fouls called against each team (DB and Greeneville) ?

What about DB and OR ?

Not as many against Greeneville as there should have been. Those girls were consistently going after the knees and legs of DB's players. Their dirty play was evident to everyone in attendance.

Not as many against Greeneville as there should have been. Those girls were consistently going after the knees and legs of DB's players. Their dirty play was evident to everyone in attendance.

I was in attendance at the G'ville - Dobyns-Bennett game and I didn't see anything of the such. I thought it was a hard fought, fair game and both teams played extremely well. I'm sure if it was as you assert, there would have been cards given out. As I recall, there was not 1 card issued for either team. How was the Dobyns-Bennett - Oak Ridge game? Any comments from the Oak Ridge fans.

Edited by Ilovethisgame

As we all know, soccer is probably the only sport that the best team does not win. I would agree that there were quite a few calls not made by the ref against DB, especially since OR had the same ref against Farragut & he called EVERYTHING!!!

Oak Ridge was not on its top game offensively & DB just happened to get a rebounded shot in the goal. There aren't any excuses that matter because DB got the win, whether home cooked or not. I'm sure these two will probably meet in sub-state again and revenge will be felt.

As we all know, soccer is probably the only sport that the best team does not win. I would agree that there were quite a few calls not made by the ref against DB, especially since OR had the same ref against Farragut & he called EVERYTHING!!!

Oak Ridge was not on its top game offensively & DB just happened to get a rebounded shot in the goal. There aren't any excuses that matter because DB got the win, whether home cooked or not. I'm sure these two will probably meet in sub-state again and revenge will be felt.

I agree. OR will win Region 2 and get a rematch with DB in sub-state.