hampton AT COSBY who wins

Bulldogs#1

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok as for the fumble... you guys are right it never happened... i would know because im the one that recovered it. the reason it never happened is because it wasn't a fumble. it was a strip. while he had forward momentem he was swinging the ball out wide like i do i took it. i had it 3 seconds before thew whistle even blew. i was just bobbleing it.

As for the hit... well i cant say because i dont really rememberand i havent watchied it on film yet. form what ive heard it was clean. and even if it wasnt i still think its on the field where it happened. i dont remember much of last night at all. i had a slight overbite before yesterday but today its normal. heh that cant be good. it hurts to chew and thats lame because i love food. i really hope im better before hamptons game. otherwise i wont get my shots at adumb townsend.

other than that, unaka needs to scram(no offence) and hampton and cosby need to have a hamton and cosby topic about hampton and cosby. this means you unsportsmanlike mom. get over it.

now i predict a close game, dont use how bad we beat you unaka compared to you because i got some bad news for ya!!!

1. different teams strategies and players work different agaist different teams!!!

2. ANY TEAM CAN BEAT ANY OTHER TEAM ON ANY GIVEN NIGHT!!!

so yea, i hope thats how you think, well be a push over cause that will make it that much sweeter if we win.

one last thing, sumwill shut your mouth your making cosby look bad. use some reasoning in your post because " we are 6th in the state" is kind of lame and we all know that rankings dont mean squat friday night. you know good and well who adumb is and you dont need to act like he cant rock your world because if you are who i think you are then youd best pipe down and concentrate keeping ahold of that tips sheet, cause next weeks will be big!

ps if anything i said doesnt make sense or is just plain mean its from lack of nutrition or head injury because i cant close my mouth yet, its hard to chew.

JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW WHO I AM I AM NOT WHO YOU THINK I AM SO I AM NOT GOING TO SHUT MY MOUTH LITTLE ONE I USED TO PLAY FOR COSBY AROUND 11 YEARS AGO AND I JUST THINK THAT YOU ALL CAN BEAT THIS TEAM IF YOU PLAY HARD ENOUGH COME FRIDAY NIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sumwill lose

Sumwill win

Sumwill keep their mouth shut after Friday night

Sumwill know who Adam Townsend is again and again and again

Sumwill whine

Sumwill hurt

Sumwill see nothing but Adam's dirt

Sumwill like this post

Sumwill not

Sumwill from Cosby will bring all they got

Sumwill wish they had never spoke

Sumwill wish they had never wrote

Sumwill give the Bulldogs his number 1 vote

Sumwill lose

Sumwill win

Sumwill whine

Sumwill hurt

Sumwill like this post

Sumwill not

thats good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sumwill lose

Sumwill win

Sumwill whine

Sumwill hurt

Sumwill like this post

Sumwill not

I believe this took the spot as the best post. :blink:

You have got to be on drugs. Hampton will wipe the field with Cosby and make them feel like they are running backwards. You barely beat Unaka and you had help from the refs to do that.

they aint nobody goin to wipe thefield with the eagles lady. your just mad cause we beat you twice in a row and spoiled ( boo hoo hoo) your alls home coming. we may get beat but the dogs will know that we were there. :ph34r:

Ever try to buy a Cosby shirt at wal-mart in Newport , how about a stadium blanket , of course not! your a CCHS man and you prove it more so every day. Sure Wal-Mart will hang some Cosby stuff next to the cchs stuff for display, but they never have any you can buy. As far as the Coca Cola display goes your right and I don't understand why everyone gets so upset because they don't have a display for Cosby, thats not a LOCAL company, and I understand neither is wal-mart but go to Greeneville they have stuff for every school in greene county , yes even West Greene who hasn't won a game in 2 years. Sevierville same thing , Theres a jealous bug runnin rampant in Newport now , always has been in B-Ball they can't stand football success too in Cosby.

Yes, I am a CCHS alum and yes I'm their beat writer, but unlike some folks I hope Cosby wins every game they play. I think Coach Shelton and his staff do a tremendous job, and have brought the program a long, long ways from the Darrell Miller and Randy Sturgill days. It does the schools little good to compete against each other, especially when they are not even scheduled play.

And before I continue, let me say that my original post was not intended to further fan the flames of the debate or to pour gasoline on the fire, but to clear up the situation as best I knew how. I dont think anyone is looking to mistreat Cosby or Cocke County.

The kids at Cocke County and Cosby each equally bust their rear ends to go out there on Friday nights and compete.

As for merchandise? I'd be curious to see who the manufacturer and the distributor of the merchandise is. I see the generic stadium blankets you refer to, and see them for several schools and I've seen some for Cosby. Perhaps Cosby fans need to call those folks who make that. It may simply be a supply-and-demand thing. The Wal-Mart in Johnson City has a lot more Science Hill stuff than they do for David Crockett and Daniel Boone. If Cosby fans got after the company, let them know there is a demand, I'd bet they'd manufacture a lot more, because demand = money.

As for a jealousy bug, I'm not quite sure. When the scores were announced on Friday night in Newport, the Cosby leading Unaka always got a good cheer. Just as vice-versa went down at Cosby last week. I think most folks realize its all relative, Cosby has an upswing of talent to the 2A to low-mid-pack 3A level, while Cocke County has a downswing of talent to the 2A to low-mid-pack 3A level.

I do think people do tire of the "unequal treatment/coverage" thing though and I made the post to clear up the misconception that someone, somewhere was mis-treating the Cosby football team. I simply dont think thats happening and hope not, because its never good to cheat or mistreat anyone, especially kids who have no control of the situation at hand.

As for the unequal coverage...I know we're very conscious of what we put into the paper and how much we put into the paper because of this. I think we provide both schools with above-and-beyond coverage. In many other markets the bigger high school gets all the coverage, while the smaller high school gets something every once in awhile. Living in the Tri-Cities, you see Science Hill and Dobyns-Bennett get the heap of the coverage, while the Sullivan Directionals and Pioneer Schools (Boone/Crockett) get very, very little and are even at times pushed aside for Gate City, Virginia...

Good luck to both schools on Friday, they both have tough tasks ahead of them with very good teams on the Horizon. Hope Cosby heals up, because if last weeks game was smash-mouth football, this game will be a lot worse than that from the physical standpoint.

Edited by PTSportsWriter