hampton AT COSBY who wins

Bulldogs#1

im pretty sure it is the season rushing record,but it might be both.im almost positive he had over 1800 rushing yards and missed a game or two cause of disipline.Cosby played a tough schedlue then too,im pretty sure they were 2A also.

Bubba had exactly 3,900 yards over his soph., junior, and senior years (1,046 in '98, 1,044 in '99, and 1,810 in 2000). He played some as a true freshman, but I'm not sure how many yards he had. Career = at least 4,000 yards

Birdie had 3,681 yards over his last 3 years (1,034 in '91, 1,197 in '92, and 1,450 in '93). I'm not sure if he played as a freshman or not.

Imagine having Bubba, Birdie, and Chris in the same backfield! That would be an awesome Wing-T! ;)

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I lied but only because I have to respond to this idiot. First of all, I am not the person that said anything about me being any kind of top mind in any part of the state. Second of all, if I did have an idea about stopping Townsend and the Bulldogs it wouldnt be very smart to break out my gameplan on here now would it? As for stopping Hampton I dont think you can, I think they can be slowed but dont know any one that can totally shut them down. They are very sound in every aspect of the game offensively and our best bet is to try to stop the run. But we'll see what happens. Travel safe Bulldogs see you at the Nest Friday night. ;)

I'm sorry but I thought for some reason you and eagle3314 were one in the same. You seem to answer for each other. Looks like you got your hands full.

Any Unaka or Cloudland fans......

Can Cosby stop Hampton's run game even if they bring some people up into the box? If they do can their corners handle Townsand, Milhorn, Lyons, Irick one on one?

No. Absolutly no way they can stop Hampton's run. Slow it down, maybe alittle. But there is no way on God's green earth Cosby can STOP Hampton's running game.

Edited by Rangerbook06

Any Unaka or Cloudland fans......

Can Cosby stop Hampton's run game even if they bring some people up into the box? If they do can their corners handle Townsand, Milhorn, Lyons, Irick one on one?

cosby (especially the 2nd half) showed real good team speed, they stopped the sweeps and most plays that took a coupla seconds to develop.. however; early in the game they couldnt stop the downhill type quick hitters in between the tackles (it wouldnt suprise me if hampton opens up with 33 lead to test that gap) .. they will hafta really work hard to stuff the box, which will open the cosby d up to milhorns end around, and I think lyons is gonna be a bad matchup for cosby sec, especially inside the 20, where he can run that post/corner

Edited by unakafan07

Cosby stopped Adam to about 200 yards last year, on a dry field,he is much better. Hampton also has several play makers. Best receiver in region 1. I really believe Cosby is a good team, They have some good talent and they play their butts off. I just think they are truly playing one of the top 4 teams in the state this week. If Cosby loses,it won't be a shame.If Hampton will play to their potential and they stay healthy,this team could win it all.

Your wrong Pujo Adam likes to play in the (MUD) and (RAIN) it makes him slick and hard to tackle. Thats what he told me anyway. Also his stats for last year against Cosby with a broken wrist in the 3rd qt 29 atts for 227 yards. But like I said about the Unaka game key on Adam and you have Lyons, DJ, Milhorn, E.J., Jaynes, Irick, and I am not going to tell the rest if you know what I mean Hampton fans. Plus the 12 different sets of (O) we run if I was Shelton and the def cord I would be about to pass out from now from the lack of sleep. I know I am and I don't even coach God Bless Hampton and Cosby and Stay Healthy and Good Luck!

im pretty sure it is the season rushing record,but it might be both.im almost positive he had over 1800 rushing yards and missed a game or two cause of disipline.Cosby played a tough schedlue then too,im pretty sure they were 2A also.

yes we were in 2a then with south greene powell valley and i think hampton was in our region also but not for sure

Your wrong Pujo Adam likes to play in the (MUD) and (RAIN) it makes him slick and hard to tackle. Thats what he told me anyway. Also his stats for last year against Cosby with a broken wrist in the 3rd qt 29 atts for 227 yards. But like I said about the Unaka game key on Adam and you have Lyons, DJ, Milhorn, E.J., Jaynes, Irick, and I am not going to tell the rest if you know what I mean Hampton fans. Plus the 12 different sets of (O) we run if I was Shelton and the def cord I would be about to pass out from now from the lack of sleep. I know I am and I don't even coach God Bless Hampton and Cosby and Stay Healthy and Good Luck!

He may like playing in the mud, but I think he is a much better player on a dry field. Mud is the great equalizer. I want him on my team in either case. Is Friday ever going to get here.

Hey -- PUJO You sure do a lot of posting on here -- when do you ever work?? :thumb:

No really- just to let you know I enjoy reading your thoughts on everything -- don't always agree but still enjoy.

Look for a real good game Friday night.

I guees I'm sort of retired, work on the net. Deal in a few antiques. Gives me plenty of time to work with my kids and keep up with football.

We are not going to agree, but we can still respect the others opinion. I fully believe Hampton will run over Cosby like a mack truck, You think I'm crazy. What the heck Hampton has been good all year, but I believe the team you are going to see is better . These boys are fired up this week, they haven't had anything to get fired up about in quite some time. They have refocused. Its not all that fun to practice all week knowing you might get to play about half a game. These boys are getting ready to play a full game. GETTTTTTTURRRRDUNNNBULLDOGSSSSSSSS

Last year at the Cosby and Hampton game the sc ore was 22-6 Hampton. Hampton had a terrible game, also Adam Townsend had over 200 yards rushing. I look for it to be worse this year. I saw the King's father at the Unaka game, and he said that he didn't think that Cosby had anything for Hampton. Won't be long now, however the AP Poll has Cosby ranked 6th and Hampton ranked 8th.