hampton AT COSBY who wins

Bulldogs#1

Stick to writting the sports! Youre no weather man :huh: Wait you could be, I live about a minute away from the school and it has rained on and off all nite, so I guess you could qualify as a weather man. B) Just kidding root those Roosters on hard against them Canes tomorrow, hopefully Crawford and the boys can pull the upset! :lol:

I'm good enough to work for one of the Knoxville outlets doing weather. Its either going to be cloudy, rainy or sunny each day. :lol:

Good luck to both teams on Friday. Both face stiff challenges. Cocke County faces an athletic Morristown East team. Cosby faces an athletic and physical Hampton team in their toughest test of their regular season.

I'm impressed at the way both sides handled themselves. I was really worried Things could've really unravelled themselves after the one letter to the editor in Sunday's paper. I think and hope cooler heads have prevailed after realizing the one opinion was a minority opinion.

Good luck to the Eagles tonight. B)

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eagle3314, I would like to apologize for all the mean things I said to you back in June. Its been tough to handle this year. I've never been used to losing. Its terrible and its humbling, but I was really touched by your team's desire to win and love for the game when you came to Cloudland. The coaching staff love their players and the players gave back in return. Just very impressed with the discipline and toughness showed by Cosby. I feel this team has what it takes to knock Hampton off. I won't lie, I would love to see it happen. I'll have my fingers crossed when I watch the news tonight. To the Lowes brothers, Rone, and Shelton. You guys are the leaders. Believe in yourself and your team. If you wasn't good, you wouldn't be 7-0. Put all the naysayers to silence.

And may I make a suggestion: Use Jody Lowe in the backfield more. He is a more deadly weapon than you think. He is much faster than anyone from Hampton and the more he gets the ball, the more chances of Cosby reaching paydirt. Please trust this logic. I know the game more than people give me credit for. Jody Lowe is the knife in the dark. You will have to use him more against Hampton's defense. Good luck and I hope you all win. Fingers crossed in Roan Mt.

eagle3314, I would like to apologize for all the mean things I said to you back in June. Its been tough to handle this year. I've never been used to losing. Its terrible and its humbling, but I was really touched by your team's desire to win and love for the game when you came to Cloudland. The coaching staff love their players and the players gave back in return. Just very impressed with the discipline and toughness showed by Cosby. I feel this team has what it takes to knock Hampton off. I won't lie, I would love to see it happen. I'll have my fingers crossed when I watch the news tonight. To the Lowes brothers, Rone, and Shelton. You guys are the leaders. Believe in yourself and your team. If you wasn't good, you wouldn't be 7-0. Put all the naysayers to silence.

And may I make a suggestion: Use Jody Lowe in the backfield more. He is a more deadly weapon than you think. He is much faster than anyone from Hampton and the more he gets the ball, the more chances of Cosby reaching paydirt. Please trust this logic. I know the game more than people give me credit for. Jody Lowe is the knife in the dark. You will have to use him more against Hampton's defense. Good luck and I hope you all win. Fingers crossed in Roan Mt.

Thanks King for the support of the Hampton Bulldogs. Its kinda odd that you would say something like that since Hampton and Cloudland is so close. Do you remember that these are Highschool kids playing. As a adult kids look up to us and here you are hating Hampton a school 15 miles down the road. Why no

support? What did Hampton do to you? O well I still hopes Cloudland does good its not the same for them to lose. And I will always pull for Carter County schools and Elizabethton because this is my home town and I want our home town kids and coaches to do good. P.S. Go Johnson County Longhorns o yeah they kicked our butts I am still pulling for them! My Home Town! Show some RESPECT!

Edited by hamptonbigdogs

Doesn't sound like you are humbled to me....sounds like you are bitter -- toward Hampton because we are winning!!!! Who cares Dogs' we don't need, the King wanna be's support anyway!! GO DAWGS....countin' down to kick off! :thumb:

To try to pull the poor King out of another mess, what he is trying to say is that there are alot of people who dislike Hampton becouse of one of there coachs and players. Most people look at the both of them and say that when the going got tuff (saying Cloudland wasn't going to be as strong) they pulled out and went to another school. That left a bitter taste in the mouths of Cloudland fans and players so it doens't matter if Hampton was 15 miles away of 3 miles away there are true fans who will pull against Hampton even if they are playing Unaka. I am one of them fans who doesn't like what has happened in the past few years, and don't usely pull for Hampton but my nephew plays at Hampton so I have slacked up a bit on them and even attended some games this year when Cloudland is not at home. Now next year is going to be a different story and I well go back to my bashing ways but for now I am going to and keep peace in the family and say, Oh do I have to Go Bulldogs stay healthy!

coach lunsford did more for cloudland than anyone, you all should appreciate what he did for youall and support him no matter what shool he is at, he seems to be a pretty good guy and one heck of a coach

Would you feel the same way if it happened to you?????

Would you feel the same way if it happened to you?????

Right, not going to say that Cloudland didn't have good teams with Lunsford but say his name in the wrong croud in Roan Mtn and it may not be a pretty site. Point I am trying to make is sometimes like if I was a coach and was going to leave a school that I had been coaching at for years then I would try to go into a different Region of move up to 2,3,4A just to keep old friends and players and not hurt any feelings.

Right, not going to say that Cloudland didn't have good teams with Lunsford but say his name in the wrong croud in Roan Mtn and it may not be a pretty site. Point I am trying to make is sometimes like if I was a coach and was going to leave a school that I had been coaching at for years then I would try to go into a different Region of move up to 2,3,4A just to keep old friends and players and not hurt any feelings.

Coach Lunsford did leave us once. He left, but he came back to us. When he was at Cloudland, I wanted to beat him so bad (our team, I had already left by then.)

The only thing that I know is Cloudland had success before him, but when he came, he brought it to a new level, and if flowed all the way through youth club football. He is a great coach, regardless of where he is. I didn't hold a grudge and I dont think anyone would that really thinks about it. He is a respectable man, and a passionate coach. We are better because he is here. The kids will tell you that. And as far as the King goes, You have a right to your opinion, everyone does, but I think its sorry that you can't find it in yourself to pull for us. It's your choice, but remember, we have a date with Cloudland coming up, so just keep on posting!! And i have a riddle for you guys , when is a trip thats 5 to 10 minutes longer than one that is an hour and a half. Give up? Tonight, when the home team goes to their cars and starts home!! Go Dogs!

Aren't you guys forgetting the fact that he left Hampton to go to Cloudland in the 1st place?

Yes we have a date with Hampton come week ten. None of the Cloudland boys are intimidated by Hampton. They have a decent team this year and I don't hold that against them, but I think it is time for a new champion to emerge and represent this region. I hope Cosby can do it. Get'm Eagles!