DB Indians Host Sevier Co.

ArtVandalay

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for Corey Watson not getting the ball thrown his way, look for DB to attack him just as much as any other player. Coach Clark just point blank does not build his playbook to any one player on D. It seems to me that the all Big East and first team D player will have a real test for the first time this year. I am looking forward to a defensive game from both teams!

Roll Tribe Roll

Roll Tribe Roll

If your offense has to throw to Corey Watson's side of the ball DB is in for a very long night. I have seen film on him and he is amazing. With the size he is at many who are not aware of his ability would overlook him. He is the best athlete on the field and the great thing for SCHS is he has ample opprotunities to have the ball in his hands. Along with the rest of their offense, this will be the best Offense DB has seen yet. I hope you all continue to say SCHS will be blown out because it will be a very long and depressing night at DBHS for the home team if you do. SCHS wins this in a close one. Go Bears!

Coty Sensabuagh is a threat. If he had not had a couple of drops on sure TD's, he would have about 800 yds receiving already. #9's jumping ability makes him very tough to stop. In a 1 on 1 situation, play jump ball and Coty should beat anybody trying to cover him.

I am hoping that DB throws that dump screen to Pappas... he is hard to stop.

Good To Great

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

Well I am looking foward to hearing how the game goes due to being in Middle Tennessee. I think it will be a great hard faught game and will in no way be a blow out by either team. The game is too important to both teams with great talent on both teams. This is for the region. I hope DB isnt overlooking them.

Dobyns-Bennett has ONE of the best defenses.

Gallatin has three shutouts and has only allowed 32 points in six games, 18 of those last week after the score was 40-0.

DB has given up 37 point with just one shutout.

Very impressive for sure, but I don't think you can claim "the best" just yet.

Good luck DB, I'd love to meet ya'll in December!

The difference in db and gallatin is that db has actually played a couple of really good football teams. When we played Oak Ridge it was 21 to nothing about 7 minutes into the game, we are giving up all of these points at the end of the game when all of our sophomores are getting their playing time in. I bet you would love to meet us come december just so that you will still be playing in december.We will be there but i'm not thinkin im gonna see you all there

A few stats to contemplate…..

QB Stats

DB - Bo Burton, 55-89-2, 807 yards, 7 TDs thru 6 games

SC - Corey Watson 48-66, 607 yards 4 TDs thru 7 games

DB – top rushers thru 6 games

Marchez Barnes, 62 carries, 281 yards, 4.5 per carry, 5 TDs (47 yds/game)

Justin Sylvester, 33 carries, 218 yards, 6.6 per carry, 3 TDs

Bo Burton, 38 carries, 138 yards, 3.9, 5 TDs

Trevor McNew, 16 carries, 89 yards, 5.6 per carry, 1 TD

Andrew Pappas, 11 carries, 84 yards, 7.6 per carry, 1 TD

Sevier County – top rushers thru 7 games

Corey Watson 54 carries, 298 yards, 5.5 per carry, 6 TDs (42 yards/game)

Tyler Thomas 40 carries, 425 yards, 10.6 per carry, 8 TDs

Blake Wallace 28 carries, 194 yards, 6.9 per carry, 3 TDs

Shawn Hodge 24 carries, 130 yards, 5.4 per carry

Blake Cupp 18 carries, 128 yards, 7.1 per carry

2006 DB thru 6 games

(According to Tricitiesports.com)

Team Stats...........DB..............................Opponent

Rushing................1054 –275/game............365 – 61/game

Passing.................896 – 149/game..............527 – 88/game

Total Offense.........1950 – 325/game............892 – 150/game

Passes C-A............57-91 - 62%...................103-50 - 48%

Points...................210 – 35/game................37 - 6/game

Sevier County thru 7 games

(According to Knox News)

Team Stats...........Sevier Co.......................Opponent

Rushing...............490 –70/game..................372 – 53/game

Passing................318 –45/game..................128 – 18/game

Total Offense........808 – 115/game...............500 – 71/game

Passes C-A...........50-76 -93%.....................10-27 -37%

Points...................198 – 28/game................72 – 10/game

Sevier has 35% of the DB offense, but so far their defense has allowed 48% of what the DB defense has allowed. Somehow the tribe managed to keep points off the board. I guess its those clutch defensive stands and turnovers that makes the stats look misleading, Of course, TN high put up quite a few yards on DB, and I thought TN High played very well and is a good team (I thought they would beat South).

According to Tricitiesports, the total DB rushing yards are 1054, and adding up the individual rushing stats, the total is 1078, which means there are -24 yards in losses.

According to the Knoxnews.com, the total Sevier rushing yards are 808, and adding up the individual rushing stats, the total is 1302, which means there are -812 yards in losses. Sounds suspicious, or else Sevier suffer a lot of sacks.

Of course, I have not been watching Sevier Co games (to busy cheering on the Tribe), but is appears that the Sevier Stats published by the Knoxville paper are wrong.

The stats that are clear are the points. The offenses look matched, point wise, but the DB defense comes out on top in that category. As usual, I give DB the edge with the intimidating defensive play, and an offense that can take advantage of the resulting field position. The DB kicking game will also give DB an edge.

It will be hard fought, but DB takes this game by at least 17 points.

I believe these stats are a little off, for instance, I saw Wallace rush for that many yards in only one game...I know the online stat services get a little behind sometimes. SCHS has a very impressive backfield...the kind I'm used to seeing from DB...Could be a track meet!!! <_<

I am ready for an upset with D-B. I am sick of hearing D-B this and D-B that. Honestly, I wasn't very impressed with them and if they ever come across a team as good as THS that can hold onto the ball better in the 2nd half, they WILL be beat.

I hope Sevier Co. comes home with a win. It's time to upset D-B!

if you werent really impressed with them then you must think you have a really bad team down there at tennessee high. if you can watch that game(a "rivalry game") and still say that you are not impressed with db there is something wrong with you. You are just mad at db for handing your butts to you on a silver platter and you want to see them get beat.