Maryville V Knoxville West

JWW

I think this game will be like last years game. West played Maryville tough last year in the 1st half. Maryville was ahead 14-12 at the half. Maryville outscored West 27-0 in the 2nd half. I think the halftime score will be Maryville 21-14. Maryville will pull away in the 2nd half and win 38-21.

West is good on offense. But! Their defense will never stop Maryville. If Maryville can limit the fumbles they are hard to stop.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no way West has enough defense to stop Maryville. They'll pile up points and frustrate the West Rebels. Could be close for a while, like RR said, but I believe in the end, that the Red Rebels win by at least 24.

My guess on the final region standings: Maryville, Central, West, Powell.

My take for what its worth. I agree with West staying close the first half and then Maryville slamming the door shut by the third quarter. Jake Ryan is a very capable QB and has a excellent supporting cast but lets face it the Maryville D is still the best around and have quality to go up against quality and then some.

I still think West will easily beat Powell and stun Central. I have West looking at #2 and Central #3 behind the Rebels. From there its a toss up. Powell has home field advantage and some big name players and a Qb thats seems to be the whole offense at the moment. After the South Doyle game you will think they will mix the gameplan up again like they did in surprising Farragut. Halls hasn't crumbled after the thrashing at West and won't go away quietly. For Halls to take this one the offensive line has to come to play. If both the running game and the passing game stays on track they will give Powell all they want and could sneak in at #4.

I saw Jake Ryan on the Channel 6 sports news tonight and he said that the West team was under no preasure for the game this week. He also said that West was going to try to beat the Titans on Friday night.

Maryville has been refered to in many different ways the past few years but I hope we are a better High School team that the Titans are a Pro Team!

I saw Jake Ryan on the Channel 6 sports news tonight and he said that the West team was under no preasure for the game this week. He also said that West was going to try to beat the Titans on Friday night.

Maryville has been refered to in many different ways the past few years but I hope we are a better High School team that the Titans are a Pro Team!

Hold it Rebel9. Is Maryville playing West or "the Titans" this week?

If West, I pick the Rebs by my normal margin ... 4 - 6 touchdowns.

If Titans, I pick the Rebs by 3 tds. Would have just favored them by two, but with Haynesworth out for TN, I think one of my favorite Maryville studs--Zane Winders-- would probably get a late 4th qtr score on one his amazing scrambles.

Well Since Marvulle is playing west I say Marvulle by 17 if they were playing the Titans Id say Marvulle by 28, with Ole Haynesworth kicking to kids in there head which gives marvulle with 2 unsportsman like conduct flags getting them into fieldgoal range with that being said they win by 31~!