milan

bulldoggfan

I actually feel bad for Milan and Jeff Morris in this situation. I'm sure Coach Morris did everything he could to cover all the bases and make sure everything was square last spring and this summer when the player was trying to transfer. That said, I'll be suprised if Milan does not have to forfeit those games based on the facts of the situation. Atleast Milan will still likely make the playoffs.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually feel bad for Milan and Jeff Morris in this situation. I'm sure Coach Morris did everything he could to cover all the bases and make sure everything was square last spring and this summer when the player was trying to transfer. That said, I'll be suprised if Milan does not have to forfeit those games based on the facts of the situation. Atleast Milan will still likely make the playoffs.

Great post, because the word from Morris and Todd (MHS Principal) is that they contacted Ronnie Carter and the TSSAA and made sure they were going by the book and doing everything as legal as it could be done. Whatever the outcome, I feel that it should be said that no one is to blame by any means. Not the coaches, parents, or administration. It's just an unfortunate situation that hopefully will turn out o.k. this week.

Well I talked to one of the USJ coaches today. The player played for them last year. But he decided to play for Milan instead, so his family buys a trailor in Milan, but still lives at their previous resident. This is not a bonafide change and resident and it seems the TSSAA made a mistake by allowing this player to play.

Well I talked to one of the USJ coaches today. The player played for them last year. But he decided to play for Milan instead, so his family buys a trailor in Milan, but still lives at their previous resident. This is not a bonafide change and resident and it seems the TSSAA made a mistake by allowing this player to play.

If this is the case, and the TSSAA is the one that made the mistake and they are now changing their minds, then I don't believe Milan should be punished. If what everyone here is saying is true, that Milan went through all the proper channels and took every available step to make sure everything was by the book, then they should not be forced to forfeit games.

Just my $.02 worth.

Everyone sure seems to thinkthey know what's goin on.

From what i heard, the player and his mother live in milan. When did it become anyone elses business, the tssaa's or anyone else's, what is going on in the parent's marriage. Isn't it at least possible that they were haveing problems and decided some time apart would searve them well? I don't know the family personally, so i don't know if that is what happened or not. I'm just saying, if the kid lives in milan with a parent then who's business is it to question why?

From what i heard, the player and his mother live in milan. When did it become anyone elses business, the tssaa's or anyone else's, what is going on in the parent's marriage. Isn't it at least possible that they were haveing problems and decided some time apart would searve them well? I don't know the family personally, so i don't know if that is what happened or not. I'm just saying, if the kid lives in milan with a parent then who's business is it to question why?

This is not the case.

It is very easy to fool schools when situations like this occur. The issue is not whether they used the trailer, the issue is whether or not the family was in the process of a divorce or selling their original house. That makes it very difficult for the school to investigate. Even when everyone is trying to do the right thing, someone can fall thru the cracks. The question is, " What was the intention of the family to precipitate the move? "

It is very easy to fool schools when situations like this occur. The issue is not whether they used the trailer, the issue is whether or not the family was in the process of a divorce or selling their original house. That makes it very difficult for the school to investigate. Even when everyone is trying to do the right thing, someone can fall thru the cracks. The question is, " What was the intention of the family to precipitate the move? "

Answer: For him to play football at Milan.