Single A - preseason top 8

grammar

There are 5 or 6 very talented guards who will split time. There probably isn't a set starter. It will be more by committee and whoever has the hot hand from night to night. However, they are all very fast and athletic.

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. Basketball is a game where the team who scores the most wins. It's not hard to score every possession when you have 6'10 and 6'8 in the starting lineup.

how many big men do you see running point? Not many

can you tell me who won the single a state title i can union city

union city had better guards than grace and beat them by 15 or 16 and should have been worse. The tallest player on union city team was 6'2 and their center was only 6'1 and was guarding Carter and doin a good job on him. if your guard cant get the ball down the court then your centers have a hard time scoring. And since you want to insult me by sayin i have no idea what i'm taking about see all the guards that grace lost off it starting 5 and i will tell you that will impact them more than if carter left ,just for the reason of ball pressure and shooting that what guard control during the game. if your guard cant get the ball up the floor then post men are worthless.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

union city had better guards than grace and beat them by 15 or 16 and should have been worse. The tallest player on union city team was 6'2 and their center was only 6'1 and was guarding Carter and doin a good job on him. if your guard cant get the ball down the court then your centers have a hard time scoring. And since you want to insult me by sayin i have no idea what i'm taking about see all the guards that grace lost off it starting 5 and i will tell you that will impact them more than if carter left ,just for the reason of ball pressure and shooting that what guard control during the game. if your guard cant get the ball up the floor then post men are worthless.

word to big bird...

Amen. Perfectly said, you can't score in the post without a guard who can feed em' the ball.

Chipper..I have to give you credit..You are U.C. all the way...But U.C. will be the 4th best team in the district this year behind Lake Co,Humboldt and Halls..so unless they pull a few upsets later in the region tournament ..will never make it to the state!

I dont think you have seen our team play over the summer and dont know who we have new and coming back from last year.We are going to be a better all around team this year than last.I like lake co and think they have a good squad,root them on when their not playing union city,but this year they want be able to beat union city.And for you picking us 4th in the district im not going to mess with that.I dont think lake co plays a strong enough non district schedule that will prepare them for the tournament.Need to schedule some bolivars,haywoods,libertys,so sides,dyersburgs,fayette wares etc.

I dont think you have seen our team play over the summer and dont know who we have new and coming back from last year.We are going to be a better all around team this year than last.I like lake co and think they have a good squad,root them on when their not playing union city,but this year they want be able to beat union city.And for you picking us 4th in the district im not going to mess with that.I dont think lake co plays a strong enough non district schedule that will prepare them for the tournament.Need to schedule some bolivars,haywoods,libertys,so sides,dyersburgs,fayette wares etc.

Chipper..You are right..I should have kept quiet..Lake Co 007 just informed me that U.C. has a transfer from J.C.M...By the start of the season,I'm sure you will have enough transfers to go with Brown to beat the Memphis Tigers..

Chipper..You are right..I should have kept quiet..Lake Co 007 just informed me that U.C. has a transfer from J.C.M...By the start of the season,I'm sure you will have enough transfers to go with Brown to beat the Memphis Tigers..

We do play some strong teams from Illinois and Kentucky in a Christmas tournament the past few years..About 5 games..And ..I'm not sure if you are familiar with Fulton Co..I know they are close to U.C...but they have a guy about 6'5 and is an excellent ball player as well as the guard..Both of them can play..And I believe both of them are back..Plus..we do play Brighton..Not a Bolivar or a Liberty..but a much bigger school and you never know what they may have from one year to the next!Plus..Middle College..They are no longer in our district..but we still played them.

Terrell Church and Brandon Herman will be great compliments to Carter McMasters and Patrick Shaughnessy. However, there is also Granger Hughes, Wallace Foster, Chad Goodman and Chris George who are all much improved. Also, Blake Jordan will be a major contributor inside giving Carter the ability to float to the perimeter.

You are Correct. Altough the guards this year may not be able to score like the ones last year, there will be much more depth on the team as a whole. Last year only about 7-8 people played a game. This year I imagine around 10 people will be getting important minutes.

What makes you think the young guards cant bring the ball up the floor? It will be hard to press Grace. Every time they break a press it will result in a layup from either a 6'8 or 6'10 kid. Now say the press works a 40% of the time (a unheard of success rate on a press) that means Grace shots around 60% from the field. And Carter can bring the ball up the floor, no big man in single A and take it from him. In a zone press it helps when you have a 6'10 guy standing in the middle to throw the ball up to.

Edited by redandwhiteforever

What makes you think the young guards cant bring the ball up the floor? It will be hard to press Grace. Every time they break a press it will result in a layup from either a 6'8 or 6'10 kid. Now say the press works a 40% of the time (a unheard of success rate on a press) that means Grace shots around 60% from the field. And Carter can bring the ball up the floor, no big man in single A and take it from him. In a zone press it helps when you have a 6'10 guy standing in the middle to throw the ball up to.

boy your cocky. dont let carter take the ball up the court against a team in district 14a he will come up on the short end of the stick i grant ya. If i'm a coach and i see a 6 10 guy bring the ball down the floor then i'm goin to pressure him. Pressure is desined to do two things first test the decision making of the ball handler and then to wear down the team which results in bad decision made by the opponents. And it is common knowledge that young guards decision making isnt as good as a vet. So then i dont have a dog in the hunt but i hope that temple wins and shows you who really run the show and from past rusults temple didnt lose to grace that bad last year with the core of the team returning i would be scared for you. And just a reminder your guards are gone and they just cant be replaced that quickly.

We do play some strong teams from Illinois and Kentucky in a Christmas tournament the past few years..About 5 games..And ..I'm not sure if you are familiar with Fulton Co..I know they are close to U.C...but they have a guy about 6'5 and is an excellent ball player as well as the guard..Both of them can play..And I believe both of them are back..Plus..we do play Brighton..Not a Bolivar or a Liberty..but a much bigger school and you never know what they may have from one year to the next!Plus..Middle College..They are no longer in our district..but we still played them.

Mrbigster i know the chipper personally he knows Jeff very well from Fulton. He is a good friend of mine but he is bias just like Me and you. I want to see my team win just like you want to see lc win like he wants to see union city win. I've told him that i think that lc is goin to state this year and he tell me the same thing about union city. but i'm goin to let it take place on the court because i cault alot of flack from boasting my lake county falcons and lose to union city last year. i'm even more confident that lc can win it all but we got to take it one game at a time and hope that lc brings their a game when need. sound off from lc.

boy your cocky. dont let carter take the ball up the court against a team in district 14a he will come up on the short end of the stick i grant ya. If i'm a coach and i see a 6 10 guy bring the ball down the floor then i'm goin to pressure him. Pressure is desined to do two things first test the decision making of the ball handler and then to wear down the team which results in bad decision made by the opponents. And it is common knowledge that young guards decision making isnt as good as a vet. So then i dont have a dog in the hunt but i hope that temple wins and shows you who really run the show and from past rusults temple didnt lose to grace that bad last year with the core of the team returning i would be scared for you. And just a reminder your guards are gone and they just cant be replaced that quickly.

All I was saying is, a press will not work well against Grace. If that makes me cocky, I guess im cocky. Well im glad I turned you into a Temple fan because I think Grace can break a press. I am not denying the fact that Temple is the favorite in the games this year.