Single A - preseason top 8

grammar

Everybody can say wut they want 2, but it looks like Temple will do it in '07. I might be wrong but they have the talent to do it. They could do it in football as well. Seth Skogen might get Mr Football and Mr Basketball. He could also get Football and Basketball MVP of the state tournament.

i didnt go that far. seth has a better chance in football than basketball. And back to the grace guy. i seen the tape of the union city and grace matchup and yall senior guard had trouble against the union city press so what makes you think that inexperienced guards can be better that what yall had???? ok then and if you want proof that the press messing with yall get the tape from the coach and watch it because i did and i saw many thing that yall werent doin at the end of the game because of tired legs.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i didnt go that far. seth has a better chance in football than basketball. And back to the grace guy. i seen the tape of the union city and grace matchup and yall senior guard had trouble against the union city press so what makes you think that inexperienced guards can be better that what yall had???? ok then and if you want proof that the press messing with yall get the tape from the coach and watch it because i did and i saw many thing that yall werent doin at the end of the game because of tired legs.

Grace wasnt in good physical shape last year. They only played around 7 people and that got to them by the championship game. They lost their legs and with that their shoting. Every team turns the ball over. Grace will too. But if Grace breaks a press it should turn into an automatic lay-up with their size.

Grace wasnt in good physical shape last year. They only played around 7 people and that got to them by the championship game. They lost their legs and with that their shoting. Every team turns the ball over. Grace will too. But if Grace breaks a press it should turn into an automatic lay-up with their size.

only played 7 people. what makes you think they are ready for better competition when the coach didnt trust them to play in the state tourn. games.

only played 7 people. what makes you think they are ready for better competition when the coach didnt trust them to play in the state tourn. games.

This years team will not be as good as last years team right away. And they may never get to the level of last years team. I think there is just as much talent, but not as much experiance/chemistry. I'm not saying Grace is going to win a state title, I just think they will get back to the boro.

This years team will not be as good as last years team right away. And they may never get to the level of last years team. I think there is just as much talent, but not as much experiance/chemistry. I'm not saying Grace is going to win a state title, I just think they will get back to the boro.

They will not make it to the boro.

Here is my Single A top ten.

1. Lake County- Early favorite to win gold ball with loads of returning talent

2. Temple- Returning everyone from a good team last year. Should play for a state title.

3. Union City- State champs deserve top 3 ranking

4. Culleoka- lead by future Mr. Basketball award winner in Williams

5. Grace- the state runner-ups will start two players over 6'8. McMasters will lead a young team.

6. Humboldt- still should be very athletic

7. Middleton- 05 champs should put together a fine season against stiff competition

8. Cosby- should return to the buro

9. Halls- do not know alot about this team other than what i have recently read

10. CSAS- if they can slip past Grace or Temple in regions they will be at the boro.

This is a top ten which is the top teams in the state. Not all of these teams will be in the boro mainly due to the district from heck ,(14a), which has 4 top 10 teams. Teams like Hampton and Cloudland may appear in the boro only to get an early and abrupt exit from a west tennessee or chattanooga team.

Edited by redandwhiteforever

Here is my Single A top ten.

1. Lake County- Early favorite to win gold ball with loads of returning talent

2. Temple- Returning everyone from a good team last year. Should play for a state title.

3. Union City- State champs deserve top 3 ranking

4. Culleoka- lead by future Mr. Basketball award winner in Williams

5. Grace- the state runner-ups will start two players over 6'8. McMasters will lead a young team.

6. Humboldt- still should be very athletic

7. Middleton- 05 champs should put together a fine season against stiff competition

8. Cosby- should return to the buro

9. Halls- do not know alot about this team other than what i have recently read

10. CSAS- if they can slip past Grace or Temple in regions they will be at the boro.

This is a top ten which is the top teams in the state. Not all of these teams will be in the boro mainly due to the district from heck ,(14a), which has 4 top 10 teams. Teams like Hampton and Cloudland may appear in the boro only to get an early and abrupt exit from a west tennessee or chattanooga team.

3 teams from the same district ur crazy, hummmm.... wonder where your from??

3 teams from the same district ur crazy, hummmm.... wonder where your from??

Actually it's 4 teams red and white has listed....Union City won the state and appears to be loaded...Humboldt was one game from the state championship and has Sain and Epperson back..Lake Co beat Humboldt 3 times last year and lost to U.C. by about 3 in the regional and have 3 returning starters but about 2 or 3 others that started at one time or the other..and Halls has 3 starters back from a team that was better than a lot of people think..I watched them play Union City twice and Humboldt once and they could have won all those games...Believe me..this district is loaded and when the rankings come out..I expect all of them to be in the top 10..if not..won't be too far down..The only thing that will hurt will they will be beating up on each other..but come tournament time ..will be hard to beat..All the teams in the district beat the other teams from the other district..Halls came in as the #4 seed and I believe beat the #1 team by over ten points..I believe it was McKenzie and if I'm not mistaken McKenzie only had about 3 losses all year and was ranked about 7th or 8th in the state..So..with all the talent coming back to each team..I really believe he is right!I'm not saying Temple,Grace,Middleton,Cellouka,etc. and a lot of other teams aren't top 10 teams either but these teams will match up and play anyone..I'd put the 4th place team against anyone and feel comfortable,rather it be Lake Co., Halls,U.C. or Humboldt.

Edited by mrbigster

No rankings but my 8 looks like this:

Grace & Temple

Lake County & Union City

Harriman & Hampton

Nashville Christian & Culleoka

Honorable Mentions:

Cascade, Columbia Academy, Cosby, Pickett, Jackson Co., Oliver Springs, East Literature, Humboldt, Middleton

COSBY HONERABLE MENTION??? NOW THATS PATHETIC..COSBY IS RETURNING 2 OF THE BEST GUARDS IN TN, HAVE TREMENDOUS DEFENSE IN THE TWINS AND THEY HAVE FLATFORD BACK AS HEAD COACH...THEY'RE EVEN HUNGRIER THAN LAST YEAR...EVERYONE KEEP THEIR EYES ON COSBY

Edited by Tippy21

COSBY HONERABLE MENTION??? NOW THATS PATHETIC..COSBY IS RETURNING 2 OF THE BEST GUARDS IN TN AND THEY HAVE FLATFORD BACK AS HEAD COACH...THEY'RE EVEN HUNGRIER THAN LAST YEAR...EVERYONE KEEP THEIR EYES ON COSBY

Who are thew two guards? Jenkins is good, but sometimes he is hit and miss... Look, I'm not saying they can't do it, I actualy think they can, but its going to be hard for them to just "replace" Magaha, Blakely, and Manning... That was like 75% of there offense.