Coffee County vs. Lincoln County

I_write_34trap

Good job, Falcons (except for those turnovers.....good grief, ya gotta hang on to the ball!!!) Play like that next week without the turnovers and you'll be #1 in the region! The Cavaliers will burn you if you give them the opportunity.

Coffee County has alot of good athletes. Their passing game wasn't quite the threat I thougt it would be - I'm not sure if that was due to pressure on the quarterback or just timing problems. Y'all have a good chance to beat Warren County.

Get ready for Cookeville Falcons!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job, Falcons (except for those turnovers.....good grief, ya gotta hang on to the ball!!!) Play like that next week without the turnovers and you'll be #1 in the region! The Cavaliers will burn you if you give them the opportunity.

Coffee County has alot of good athletes. Their passing game wasn't quite the threat I thougt it would be - I'm not sure if that was due to pressure on the quarterback or just timing problems. Y'all have a good chance to beat Warren County.

Coffee Co had a chance to score a td on their first two possessions and only came up with 3 points. That was huge.

they threw for 200 yards but the big difference was the lc defensive line they gave cc fits all night

they threw for 200 yards but the big difference was the lc defensive line they gave cc fits all night

Congrats to the Falcons tonight on a huge win against Coffee Co.. My hats off to the Falcon defense which played one heck of a game tonight. They were put in bad situations several times tonight and made big stops when they had to. I don't think that C.C. has seen a d-line like L.C. has all year.

But my goodness the fumbling from the offense has to stop if we are going to beat a very good football team. I think that it has gotten into our head and we are now thinking about it too much making it even worse. 5 fumbles tonight that's something that we have got to stop doing. I can't wait to see the film to see the td. that C.C. scored in the fourth qt where it appeared from where I was that the C.C. reciever just pushed the Falcon defender to ground from behind and then caught the pass for a td. At the time that was the worst no-call that i've ever seen in my life, but i'll wait until I see the film to be sure.

Good job Falcons, just cut out the fumbles and we will be ok. :lol:

Congrats to the Falcons tonight on a huge win against Coffee Co.. My hats off to the Falcon defense which played one heck of a game tonight. They were put in bad situations several times tonight and made big stops when they had to. I don't think that C.C. has seen a d-line like L.C. has all year.

But my goodness the fumbling from the offense has to stop if we are going to beat a very good football team. I think that it has gotten into our head and we are now thinking about it too much making it even worse. 5 fumbles tonight that's something that we have got to stop doing. I can't wait to see the film to see the td. that C.C. scored in the fourth qt where it appeared from where I was that the C.C. reciever just pushed the Falcon defender to ground from behind and then caught the pass for a td. At the time that was the worst no-call that i've ever seen in my life, but i'll wait until I see the film to be sure.

Good job Falcons, just cut out the fumbles and we will be ok. :thumb:

yes, 5 fumbles will cost you most of the time. Congrats on the win.

Good job Falcons, just cut out the fumbles and we will be ok. :lol:

Talked to him, he said he was bumped. Don't know how much but it doesn't take alot for an interference call when a defender gets knocked down.

It looked clearly like a 2 hand push to me.

I also didn't understand the no call on what looked like intentional grounding to me when the CC QB was about to get sacked deep in their own territory. I was pretty far away, but at least 2 refs threw their bean bags, and it looked like they only had 2 options, grounding or fumble. Of course, they called it an incomplete pass.

It's all a moot point now.

Congrats to the Falcons. I thought they played the best complete football they have played all year last night, other than the fumbles. Something HAS to be done there. Nobody is going to the 5A state championship game with 5 fumbles per game.

I also didn't understand the no call on what looked like intentional grounding to me when the CC QB was about to get sacked deep in their own territory. I was pretty far away, but at least 2 refs threw their bean bags, and it looked like they only had 2 options, grounding or fumble. Of course, they called it an incomplete pass.

Congrats to the Falcons. I thought they played the best complete football they have played all year last night, other than the fumbles. Something HAS to be done there. Nobody is going to the 5A state championship game with 5 fumbles per game.

Yeah, I'd like to get some first hand close-up accounts of the no call on the grounding/fumble. And you're right about the fumbles - I'd even say nobody is going to win their region with 5 fumbles per game...it'll catch up to you eventually.

Get ready for the Cavaliers, Falcons!

The play in the end zone when the quarterback was being sacked and tried to throw the ball away and the Falcons recovered it in the end zone should have resulted in no less than two points for Lincoln County. He was either sacked (a safety), intentional grounding in the endzone (again, a safety), or he fumbled the ball and Lincoln County's #79 recovered it in the endzone (touchdown). Refs definitely blew that one. It's no big deal since the Falcons won, but I remember reading someone's post about having to go to the Pit and play the Falcons and the refs. The refs pretty much called a good game last night, but if they were calling in favor of either team, it DEFINITELY wasn't the home team!!! :thumb: Oh yeah, the phantom feet tangling on the CC touchdown pass when the only thing that got tangled up was the receivers forearm in the defenders back as he was pushing him down...... :lol: