Centennial passing game

preds

I know what some of you are thinking; "Centennial has a passing game?" From what some of the players have said, Centennial has been practicing more plays from the shotgun and have reverted to the passing strategy that went 18-25 against LaVergne in week one. Also, sophomore Drew Kelly has started to get more reps at QB during practice as Chase Barlar continues to recover from an ankle injury. Could a balanced passing attack from CHS help lead them over a run-heavy Ravenwood defense?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what some of you are thinking; "Centennial has a passing game?" From what some of the players have said, Centennial has been practicing more plays from the shotgun and have reverted to the passing strategy that went 18-25 against LaVergne in week one. Also, sophomore Drew Kelly has started to get more reps at QB during practice as Chase Barlar continues to recover from an ankle injury. Could a balanced passing attack from CHS help lead them over a run-heavy Ravenwood defense?

Is Drew Kelly #17, if he is then he should be in at QB. They ran a WR reverse pass and he launched it. Although it was picked off, it looked a lot better then anything else they threw the other night. Also, I'd be gettin that #5 the ball whenever possible.........Either way, there is no way the Ravenwood game is close.

Is Drew Kelly #17, if he is then he should be in at QB. They ran a WR reverse pass and he launched it. Although it was picked off, it looked a lot better then anything else they threw the other night. Also, I'd be gettin that #5 the ball whenever possible.........Either way, there is no way the Ravenwood game is close.

Kelly is #17. #5 is Scales who has done better at RB this better than QB. If CHS does indeed stay w/ the running game, then their only chance is to give it to Scales or Barlow on the outside.

Centennial passing game? Can you say oxymoron? What ever "passing attack" Centennial thinks they can bring to the table, it would probably make the Raptors giggle.

Think about it- the Raptors have played against real passing attacks throughout the region, and have practiced against their own. Centennials only advantage is to stay in an offense that Ravenwood doesn't see often.

Of course, THAT offense has long been Centennial's Achilles Heel.

i do think that if centennial runs plays from shotgun and spread offense then centennial will score at least 3 touchdowns and will make a run at an extreme upset

centennial has one of the fastest players in the state in barlow and everytime they've thown to him deep he's come up with a 92 yrd pass reception vs. blackman and an 80 yrd td vs. DC even tho he was standin still when he caught it; he ended up goin 0-60 in about 3.5 seconds and burning the defense for the score

they have to learn to utilize barlow, scales, kelly, and even ryan burns(now starting) in order to pull off any chance against ravenwood at home

9 receptions in a game? That would easily be a CHS record.

Unless you have completely different stats than I do, I saw 1 for 22 yards. Barlar only completed 10 passes and six were to Allante McLemore.

Not to mention the fact that anyone who catches 9 passes in a game would not be switched out of the position. Harris can outjump just about anyone but he doesn't have great hands, he doesn't respond well to contact, and he gets down on his teammates easily.

anyone who think cent. has a chance in this one is in Denile

now i'm not saying that centennial will upset ravenwood

all i'm saying is that if centennial switches up their offense and passes alot more they will at least be able to score more points

and the 9 reception record thing probably isnt true considering that we had daniel lambert and bradon meggs 3 years ago

now i'm not saying that centennial will upset ravenwood

all i'm saying is that if centennial switches up their offense and passes alot more they will at least be able to score more points

and the 9 reception record thing probably isnt true considering that we had daniel lambert and bradon meggs 3 years ago

Ravenwood has a terrific pass defense if you have followed them at all this year. Sonny Grey of Smyrna is the top passer in Mid-State and was held to 49 yards passing two weeks ago against Ravenwood. What makes you think that Centennial will be able to do what no one else has done yet?